Divisional Semi-finals GDT

Geebrr

12 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The o didn't have to be crappy. They played a passive game the while way through expecting the D to win. Believe me I still vividly remember how angry i was about it all game long. You do not win championships in this league by the defense scoring points for you without support from the offense, but that is what they tried to do in that game. 

Offense hangs onto the ball a little bit the defense doesn't have to do everything 

They were all year long, why should it have changed in the cup game?

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The o didn't have to be crappy. They played a passive game the while way through expecting the D to win. Believe me I still vividly remember how angry i was about it all game long. You do not win championships in this league by the defense scoring points for you without support from the offense, but that is what they tried to do in that game. 

Offense hangs onto the ball a little bit the defense doesn't have to do everything 

Right, but that was not unique to that game. The O struggled all year. The team won most if not all of it's games on the back of a very good Defense. In that game. The O was the same O it was all year. In that game the Defense was not the same Defense it was (basically) all year.

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Right, but that was not unique to that game. The O struggled all year. The team won most if not all of it's games on the back of a very good Defense. In that game. The O was the same O it was all year. In that game the Defense was not the same Defense it was (basically) all year.

You see why I dislike lapolice so much. A big part of the O being crappy was the passive play calling which has been a lapolice issue forever and we saw it again in Ottawa.  There was no reason for the offense to be as passive as it was. 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You see why I dislike lapolice so much. A big part of the O being crappy was the passive play calling which has been a lapolice issue forever and we saw it again in Ottawa.  There was no reason for the offense to be as passive as it was. 

theres no passive with Buck...he lets the offence attack....and attack some more......Lapo offensive never did that...they just took what the defense was more or less luring them into.....as they knew Lapo would take it...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

theres no passive with Buck...he lets the offence attack....and attack some more......Lapo offensive never did that...they just took what the defense was more or less luring them into.....as they knew Lapo would take it...

Imo Lapo’s issue isn’t knowledge about the game, it’s his inability to use other perspectives that don’t align almost perfectly with his. Stubbornness seems to do him in everytime. That’s why he’s so good in the broadcast booth when you see him react to another perspective that runs counter or differently than his.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Lol yes I'm fairly sure everyone knows why you don't like Lapo. But this was all started because you claimed swaggerville didn't **** the bed that game when they absolutely did.

Edited by Bigblue204

I viewed the ‘11 cup loss as the dam breaking on Swaggerville.  Not enough plays made but BC was also white hot at the time.

The O had to show up and be productive and all we got was BC stacking the box everytime Watson pinched in to block for Chris Garrett.  The result was infuriatingly predictable.

48 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lol yes I'm fairly sure everyone knows why you don't like Lapo. But this was all started because you claimed swaggerville didn't **** the bed that game when they absolutely did.

They got worn down... I remember watching every ******* 2 and out... every single miniscule time of possession per drive- thinking, the Defense is going to get gassed and finally fold... And look at that... they did.  I don't see it as Swaggerville shat the bed, they just got worn down from that soul sucking, life force draining putrid as **** offense... The defense was on the field a lot... A LOT- until garbage time.

That's my memory of GC 2011- how accurate is it.. IDK, I'm old.