Divisional Semi-finals GDT

Geebrr

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

BC has not shown once this season that they can handle what the Bombers offense brings. Not once. Lions want to win Rourke is going to have to win a shootout and despite what TSN wants you to think Rourke wasn't shooting the lights out against the stamps. Solid game where he got lots of chances with the ball... but nothing earth shattering because the calgary offense was so inept. Maier had no end of trouble with the blitzes BC sent.... well Collaros isn't a young pup who gets spooked when you send pressure. Saw it when BLM went in too. He read it, threw the ball without panic and made plays. 

Plus this Bomber team knows how to win and what it takes to be at your best in the post season.... AND I really think that they are tired of the BC hype when for 3 years now the Bombers have been the unquestioned class of the league. 

Winnipeg is a more talented and more balanced team and has a huge physical edge. I really think you're going to see the Bombers not do what the stamps tried to do and win a shootout, but rather will focus on their tried and true grind it out slugfest, which BC is ill suited for IMO. 

All this...yup...and ZC is heads and tails above BLM at this juncture and is gonna carve them up....again....as u saw exactly what a vet QB did to bc

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Evans started the third quarter. That first drive went nowhere & he was sacked. Starts ratching out as he storms off the field. Marty Scianetti reported that Steinhauer benched him as he was carrying on at the Hamilton sideline yelling. So, Evans shows his true colours by blaming his blocking for his bad play. And his head coach takes Evans out of the game as he lost his freaking mind.

I think Evans has played his last game as a Ti Cat. I just can't see Steinhauer wanting him back next season. Steinhauer gave Evans the keys to the Bentley & he wrecked it by driving into a ravine. Had Steinhauer given the start to Matthew Schilz the Cats may have won this game. I could see Schilz starting next season in Hamilton. He certainly has paid his dues & learned the CFL game. 

Benched the guy. Good.. If I was one of his OL I'd want to squash that little bug. 

Yup...I think when he reverted back to spoiled pouty baby...pointing fingers he just wrote his ticket to Sask...blm gonna be in the hammer next yr

8 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just want to point out that the media narrative on this was ridiculous. The final tally, while impressive for BC, was a hair over 30k.

still a nice improvement and turn around going on there.....considering last playoff game there drew only 19k....so they banked an additional 1.1m (min) in gate...plus any stuff bought during game...thats a win for them and good for league

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Yup...I think when he reverted back to spoiled pouty baby...pointing fingers he just wrote his ticket to Sask...blm gonna be in the hammer next yr

As soon as I saw him have that mini tantrum I knew Hamilton was done. That guy just can't over come in a game.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

This may have been brought up but did DD make a mistake by not putting BLM in to start the second half?

He made a mistake by forgetting CGY is really good at running the ball.

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

As soon as I saw him have that mini tantrum I knew Hamilton was done. That guy just can't over come in a game.

He made a mistake by forgetting CGY is really good at running the ball.

yup....shades of 2019 grey cup....guy is not a winner when the going gets tough.....I can't see him back there next yr, and I bet he is dealt to Sask ....BLM is gonna be in Hamilton...thats the only spot I see him landing...unless BC comes hard cause Rourke is gone for a yr or 2...then sask ends up going from a Faj...to a Vaj....and that will be glorious hahaha

Didn't think Cals. defence was making the plays they had to....The fake kick and td by the lions sure left a lot of egg on their face.....There wan't a defender within 20 yds. of that easy walk in td....I believe our secondary will put a different complexion on the game on Sun.....no easy completions for Rourke and company for sure ...AND if it turns into a rb. competition, because of weather conditions, I don't see Butler, who looks like their only weapon of note, making any big yardage against us...... besides he looked like he was hobbled in the final quarter.....Going to be an interesting final with weather conditions being a factor

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....shades of 2019 grey cup....guy is not a winner when the going gets tough.....I can't see him back there next yr, and I bet he is dealt to Sask ....BLM is gonna be in Hamilton...thats the only spot I see him landing...unless BC comes hard cause Rourke is gone for a yr or 2...then sask ends up going from a Faj...to a Vaj....and that will be glorious hahaha

Sounds just about right - I could see Edmonton making a play for  BLM as well.

Evans in SSK with Cofaj in a new Masoli/Evans #1/#2 competive situation would PROBABLY be the best option for him.  Cofaj is a decent "change of pace" QB and you can't rely on Evans to be in the right spot mentally for any given game.  

If the coaching staff was honest about platooning, ran practices so that either QB was ready and both players were willing to set aside their ego's

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, pretty silly. Only 10k off. 

Yeah I expect math that bad from saskatchewan...

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Is their footage of this hissy fit? I missed it

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

13 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Sounds just about right - I could see Edmonton making a play for  BLM as well.

Evans in SSK with Cofaj in a new Masoli/Evans #1/#2 competive situation would PROBABLY be the best option for him.  Cofaj is a decent "change of pace" QB and you can't rely on Evans to be in the right spot mentally for any given game.  

If the coaching staff was honest about platooning, ran practices so that either QB was ready and both players were willing to set aside their ego's

Didn't even think about that but makes total sense not to mention the fact of how interesting the battle of Alberta would be.

Our DB's sent a message last game...purposely that they will be bringing the boom...all game long, and coming into the nice crispy weathered IG Field that will be in their heads...and will see some gator arms and reluctance to go get some them high balls Rourke's been chucking since he back...and a circus catch based offence....doesn't tend to be a game winner in cold November football.

I still shaking my head at that game last night and how bad CGY shat the bed....didn't play to their strength, the stupid in game decisions, and almost lack of urgency...was almost like they didnt want to win that....baffling...as they are the far superior team

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our DB's sent a message last game...purposely that they will be bringing the boom...all game long, and coming into the nice crispy weathered IG Field that will be in their heads...and will see some gator arms and reluctance to go get some them high balls Rourke's been chucking since he back...and a circus catch based offence....doesn't tend to be a game winner in cold November football.

I still shaking my head at that game last night and how bad CGY shat the bed....didn't play to their strength, the stupid in game decisions, and almost lack of urgency...was almost like they didnt want to win that....baffling...as they are the far superior team

Just ask Spitty MceyeGouge how he felt after last years west final hitting the cold turf and knocking himself out lol

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Evans started the third quarter. That first drive went nowhere & he was sacked. Starts ratching out as he storms off the field. Marty Scianetti reported that Steinhauer benched him as he was carrying on at the Hamilton sideline yelling. So, Evans shows his true colours by blaming his blocking for his bad play. And his head coach takes Evans out of the game as he lost his freaking mind.

I think Evans has played his last game as a Ti Cat. I just can't see Steinhauer wanting him back next season. Steinhauer gave Evans the keys to the Bentley & he wrecked it by driving into a ravine. Had Steinhauer given the start to Matthew Schilz the Cats may have won this game. I could see Schilz starting next season in Hamilton. He certainly has paid his dues & learned the CFL game. 

Benched the guy. Good.. If I was one of his OL I'd want to squash that little bug. 

When the chips are down, true colors come out. Kudos to tabbies hc for dealing with that. 

Trevor Harris has the same issue imo and I predict we see that against the Argo blows next week.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

When you say didn’t play to their strengths you mean it. Carey had one carry in the first quarter. That is absolutely absurd. 

I’ve seen many coaches like Dickenson lose to their ego - they’d rather lose than admit they’re wrong.

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

When you say didn’t play to their strengths you mean it. Carey had one carry in the first quarter. That is absolutely absurd. 

I’ve seen many coaches like Dickenson lose to their ego - they’d rather lose than admit they’re wrong.

He only have 10 touches total!! That's insane. The best player on your team only sees the ball 10 times? That's just a flat out bad game plan.

37 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

they should have rode Carey and Mills till BC either a) stopped it or, b) completely were beat down.....both scenarios would have resulted in a win

And those 2 failed chances to put up 3 early in the game...like wtf was that thinking?....totally bafffling and un-explainable....especially when the Lions had no answer for a straight ahead Stevens sneak....old adage always holds true....keep going to the well until they can stop it...so dumb....

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

they should have rode Carey and Mills till BC either a) stopped it or, b) completely were beat down.....both scenarios would have resulted in a win

And those 2 failed chances to put up 3 early in the game...like wtf was that thinking?....totally bafffling and un-explainable....especially when the Lions had no answer for a straight ahead Stevens sneak....old adage always holds true....keep going to the well until they can stop it...so dumb....

I guess you look back to the Stampeders in 2016/2017… they lost Grey Cups due to bad coaching. Not going to Messam on the one yard line in 2016, and the BLM deep shot in 2017. 

Dickenson outcoaches himself.

5 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I guess you look back to the Stampeders in 2016/2017… they lost Grey Cups due to bad coaching. Not going to Messam on the one yard line in 2016, and the BLM deep shot in 2017. 

Dickenson outcoaches himself.

He’s been bad for awhile. Now has the honour of losing in the western semi finals to three different teams in three consecutive years. 

Edited by Arnold_Palmer