Divisional Semi-finals GDT

Geebrr

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I suspect that given the proximity to Manitoba, there will be a healthy contingency of Bomber fans there. But most “neutral” fans will probably cheer for anyone but Winnipeg. Underdogs are often rooted for more. No one outside Edmonton was cheering for the “drive for 5” in the 1980’s. It’s not personal, but people get bored of dynasties and want new blood. 

I don’t think it’s as much bored but more frustrated, irritated. Everyone wants is to lose except us.

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Imagine that convo...CD....gosh they played hard...DD....shut up Craig...refs jobbed us...took away my bs challenge tactics...damn mafia.....JM...****...damn...wtf!!!....huh?

Maas would throw a screen to absolutely no one, be amazed at himself, and throw it in his playbook.

26 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I don’t think it’s as much bored but more frustrated, irritated. Everyone wants is to lose except us.

Last thing I want, is to become a ******* footnote in Rourke's Cinderella storybook year... 

The Bombers better ******* bury the lions. Whatever, embrace the role of the wrestling heel equivalent- just ******* bury them and embarrass the **** outta them and show them that they are not even close to the same level as the Bombers.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

30 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Last thing I want, is to become a ******* footnote in Rourke's Cinderella storybook year... 

The Bombers better ******* bury the lions. Whatever, embrace the role of the wrestling heel equivalent- just ******* bury them and embarrass the **** outta them and show them that they are not even close to the same level as the Bombers.

Game 1 it was Rourke Rourke Rourke Rourke Rourke... game 3 it was again Rourke Rourke Rourke Rourke Rourke. And every time Zach collaros was like:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.pn

It will be no different in the West final. Bc was celebrating like they already won the cup. Bombers don't take kindly to soft assed teams that think they're all that.

I think it’s a badge of honour that everyone wants you guys to lose… the Patriots, the Warriors, the Lightning, Astros, etc. people want them to lose because they win. They love em at first when they end a long drought or win an underdog title. But then, they keep winning, and people get tired of it. They want a new champion. 

21 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I think it’s a badge of honour that everyone wants you guys to lose… the Patriots, the Warriors, the Lightning, Astros, etc. people want them to lose because they win. They love em at first when they end a long drought or win an underdog title. But then, they keep winning, and people get tired of it. They want a new champion. 

Everyone that hates on the Bombers now, are just football hipster douchebags. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Didn’t they have to go to Edmonton that year? Or were you meaning 1987?

Anything can happen, I get it. This team narrowly dodged the playoff upset last year. I just have a feeling this time they dominate.  

We had BC coming to town for the WSF and we all thought it would be a cakewalk. Still not sure what happened. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

100% accurate. 

Allow me to join you and make it 2%.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm allowed to have an opinion and you can disagree all you want. 

Yeah I can't tell on TV that the lower bowl was empty with 5 minutes to go 

I don't give 2 shits about Nathan Rourke. I don't see how He's so good for the league like ppl not watching football is all of a sudden gonna watch? Nope. 

Disagree all you want. I don't care. Man, some of you are pretty snowflakey when ppl don't think exactly what you think 

Have you not seen the politics forums on here?

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

If that's the GC match up, who do the Gappers in attendance pull for?  The Bombers or Harris who's been public enemy #1 there for a number of years?

The gappers might choose to cheer for a winner and pull for us, unfortunately they probably don't know what a winner looks like.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

This is the match up I was hoping for. A mediocre BC Lions beat a Stamps team that decided to not go with their strengths.

Sorry but this was more a Calgary loss than a BC win. They just really had a bad gamelan on offense. 14 points will never win you a playoff game where weather was not a factor.

Exactly that. DD cost his team the game .

11 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Bombers have to execute the plan the Stamps couldn’t: maintain ball control with a strong running game and quick passing.  Keeping Rourke off the field will be key.

Well ****.......... Good thing that's exactly what we did all season. 

BC has not shown once this season that they can handle what the Bombers offense brings. Not once. Lions want to win Rourke is going to have to win a shootout and despite what TSN wants you to think Rourke wasn't shooting the lights out against the stamps. Solid game where he got lots of chances with the ball... but nothing earth shattering because the calgary offense was so inept. Maier had no end of trouble with the blitzes BC sent.... well Collaros isn't a young pup who gets spooked when you send pressure. Saw it when BLM went in too. He read it, threw the ball without panic and made plays. 

Plus this Bomber team knows how to win and what it takes to be at your best in the post season.... AND I really think that they are tired of the BC hype when for 3 years now the Bombers have been the unquestioned class of the league. 

Winnipeg is a more talented and more balanced team and has a huge physical edge. I really think you're going to see the Bombers not do what the stamps tried to do and win a shootout, but rather will focus on their tried and true grind it out slugfest, which BC is ill suited for IMO. 

Good Lord... please can we just stop with the overthetop Rourkefestapolooza?

Rourke Post game about taping up his foot:

“Honestly, it was more of a look thing. You know how I am about that,” he quipped. “You look good, you play good and 3DownNation, I didn’t want them coming after me saying I ain’t got no swag.”

JC Abbott from 3DownNation:

south-park-there-was-a-ghost.gif

and then proceeds to pen a blog post titled:

"Nathan Rourke wins battle with his own humanity and nine other thoughts on the Lions’ West Semi-Final victory"

HelpfulDisgustingBlacklemur-max-1mb.gif DeafeningDapperBuffalo-max-1mb.gif

BronzeSecondhandCoati-size_restricted.gi

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Evan's being Evan's when they under pressure to get back in a game...tho he has shown more mettle than usual...but could revert to they guy we all recall in Grey Cups...I would never have faith in that guy not coughing it up with a fumble or pick in a crucial time...never

Evans started the third quarter. That first drive went nowhere & he was sacked. Starts ratching out as he storms off the field. Marty Scianetti reported that Steinhauer benched him as he was carrying on at the Hamilton sideline yelling. So, Evans shows his true colours by blaming his blocking for his bad play. And his head coach takes Evans out of the game as he lost his freaking mind.

I think Evans has played his last game as a Ti Cat. I just can't see Steinhauer wanting him back next season. Steinhauer gave Evans the keys to the Bentley & he wrecked it by driving into a ravine. Had Steinhauer given the start to Matthew Schilz the Cats may have won this game. I could see Schilz starting next season in Hamilton. He certainly has paid his dues & learned the CFL game. 

14 hours ago, Booch said:

Looks like Orlando has learned his lesson and nipped the Evan's meltdown in the bud this time...

Benched the guy. Good.. If I was one of his OL I'd want to squash that little bug.