Week 21 - Coddled Kittens @ Back-to-back, reigning, defending, Grey Cup Champions! GDT

JCon

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Even with Rourke back they looked like they couldn't beat us. 

If the lions start rourke they are morons. VAJ at this point is the superior qb. Rourke was rusty as **** and was not accurate. Despite Suitor slobbering all over Rourke a qb who can't run is not going to win you a playoff game. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

If the lions start rourke they are morons. VAJ at this point is the superior qb. Rourke was rusty as **** and was not accurate. Despite Suitor slobbering all over Rourke a qb who can't run is not going to win you a playoff game. 

I won't entirely count out Rourke looking more "normal" against Calgary.

We're just too good.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah was a slobber fest...and the TSN sportcenter game highlights just as bad..all rourke highlights save for the Schoen catch and run

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yup...came in cocky...got shut up early and often and left beat up...they know the mountain between them and the cup and it ain't the Rockies

Everything was clicking...teams coverage...db play...run stuffing and when QB1 was in there BC had no answer...and they know it

1s vs 1s was Bomber domination....

Just now, Geebrr said:

I promise you the way bc (sucks) celebrated like morons last time bothered them. 

I also think Collaros is amped from the way the CFL media keeps talking about Rourke as the real MOP of the league this year & not him. Like he doesn't even deserve to be on the same field together.

I think Collaros is highly, highly motivated wanting to prove idiots in the media like Glen Suitor & Danny Austin wrong. Austin had publicly said on Twitter that he voted for Rourke. We know Suitor probably has as well. I think Zach feels disrespected. Even though he has nothing to prove, I think he feels he does. 

As a few others have commented, man I liked Tyrell Ford tonight. And Jamal Parker. 

Also gotta say in the first quarter where it was all starters for both sides BC just couldn't keep up. Rourke is very very good no doubt, but he seemed to be limping after getting run over by the Dline freight train a couple of times. I get that they feel he's their big hope to win in the play-offs, but I don't think he's physically ready yet. 

I think the thing that impresses me the most right now is our depth on both sides of the ball. A few guys who don't play much played tonight, and we just keep on going. 

On to the play-offs.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Did Rourke really  think Thomas was going to help him up? 

Maybe he thought Farhan ran out there after he got hit. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Bombers Fans online complaining about the Thomas thing, and it's pissing me off. **** Rourke. I hope the players are as sick of hearing about him as we all are. **** that kid and **** the Lions. 

I like the idea of sportsmanship and helping up an opponent - especially since we don't have a trashy reputation.

That said, there's something to be said for "welcoming a 'rookie' into the play-offs".

You really need to get over yourself with the Rourke hate though. His success is nothing but good for the league. A rising tide raises all ships, ya know?

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I like the idea of sportsmanship and helping up an opponent - especially since we don't have a trashy reputation.

That said, there's something to be said for "welcoming a 'rookie' into the play-offs".

You really need to get over yourself with the Rourke hate though. His success is nothing but good for the league. A rising tide raises all ships, ya know?

Explain to me how he's good for the league exactly? Lions don't draw ratings when they play. The riders do tho. He might be good for bc but here in Winnipeg I don't give a **** about him one bit 

You know what Rourke looked like tonight? Like he did the last time he played us. Like a rookie 

The hype is 2 much. It gets to the point where ok... but enough already. Tsn turns viewers away when they thirst over players. 

Edited by Goalie

Seeing how slow Rourke’s running and lateral movement is at this point it’s insane to me they think he can be a positive factor in a playoff game.

And I still don’t know why he’s risking reinjury.  He has everything to lose and playing at 70% he’s not going to be better than the average QB they have to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Explain to me how he's good for the league exactly? Lions don't draw ratings when they play. The riders do tho. He might be good for bc but here in Winnipeg I don't give a **** about him one bit 

You know what Rourke looked like tonight? Like he did the last time he played us. Like a rookie 

You want me to explain why a sports league needs more superstars?

45 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bombers Fans online complaining about the Thomas thing, and it's pissing me off. **** Rourke. I hope the players are as sick of hearing about him as we all are. **** that kid and **** the Lions. 

Hey, just think how Zach feels & how it fires him up. He shouldn't have anything to prove but I bet he does.

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You want me to explain why a sports league needs more superstars?

I get that piece but they can be honest too.  TSN headline is literally “mission accomplished” for Rourke’s return.  Guy couldn’t get any velocity on a ball over 10 yards and got chased down by a 290 lb DT on a scramble.

I get how bad they want it to happen but they also have to be realistic and cover the actual game on the field.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

47 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Well, the snowflakes are falling tonight. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oesifolzm4ey9e7anv

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Christ, let's give out participation awards so you can feel better. I hope we absolutely crush him in the Western Final. 

I don’t even think he’ll get there, he clearly shouldn’t be playing.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, the snowflakes are falling tonight. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oesifolzm4ey9e7anv

So, you’re obviously a ****. 

But what about my comment indicated I was upset or offended?