Coddled Dome Dwellers @ Back 2 Back Champs: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

who knows who care...from what I heard he had other offers...also shepley only played in 2019 with sask...and hasnt touched a cfl field since...but last yr, and this yr if he wanted to come back he was free game....so who knows how it works....either way...if Rourke comes back next year it wont be for 65k....he'd be an idiot to do so

Seems you are correct about Kongbo being a FA on his return. However, it is because the Bombers had a handshake agreement to release him after his first season to look at NFL opportunities. Only way he would sign I guess.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Would that be the first game where we dropped multiple potential interceptions? Works both ways.

IIRC, we had multiple dropped passes of our own, on offense, but those get conveniently forgotten when they don't forget the narrative. That **** always gets evened out during a game. 

Just now, Noeller said:

IIRC, we had multiple dropped passes of our own, on offense, but those get conveniently forgotten when they don't forget the narrative. That **** always gets evened out during a game. 

At the end of the day, dropped passes/dropped pics etc etc. They were 1 play away from winning. To me, that doesn't scream the Bombers beat the crap out of them. That was my point. The game for all the missed opportunities etc was very close right down to the last second.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Without 4 dropped TD passes we lose the home game against them. 

I just find that kind of argument to be such a straw man argument. If the other team had played better and made more plays when they had the chance they would have won. That is literally the difference between winning and losing in every football game ever played.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

At the end of the day, dropped passes/dropped pics etc etc. They were 1 play away from winning. To me, that doesn't scream the Bombers beat the crap out of them. That was my point. The game for all the missed opportunities etc was very close right down to the last second.

Nah.... we let them hang around.

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Wasn't that play to tie? They were down 7.  I agree the Bombers didn't beat them down but they handled them effectively all 3 games.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

In one game they kind of played us close. I will admit that much. Same could be said about Ottawa at the beginning of the season.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I just find that kind of argument to be such a straw man argument. If the other team had played better and made more plays when they had the chance they would have won. That is literally the difference between winning and losing in every football game ever played.

Nah.... we let them hang around.

Unfortunately that's just not how any competitive sport works.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Unfortunately that's just not how any competitive sport works.

I am not even sure how to respond to that. Some games far superior teams let inferior teams hang around all the time. Teams put and take their foot on/off the gas pedal all the time.  It is quite literally how most upsets happen.

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Wasn't that play to tie? They were down 7.  I agree the Bombers didn't beat them down but they handled them effectively all 3 games.

Oh yes, you are correct. Would have needed to convert to win/tie.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I am not even sure how to respond to that. Some games far superior teams let inferior teams hang around all the time. Teams put and take their foot on/off the gas pedal all the time.  It is quite literally how most upsets happen.

"Let them". No competitve team LET's someone hang around. Letting someone do something implies you had a choice. CGY played well enough to be in the game. The Bombers didn't LET them score etc etc.

30 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Cant we all just agree that we are the greatest football team ever assembled and only the good lord himself can derail this juggernaut on its way to a thirty seven-peat??

LOL

O'Shea vs a hurricane, who would win?  "O'Shea".    Hold on - the name of the hurricane is "Hurricane O'Shea"...lol 

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tell that to the Leafs who lost to Arizona 

Wow, really the Leafs lost to Arizona... Best go and check out Cap Friendly, Armchair GM forum,,,, the wise Leaf Fan base will probably have half the team traded away by now (of course over rated/over priced LEAF player talent)...  🤣