Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

8 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Not a fan of Brazen at all. The beer was a weird aftertaste.

Also TCB had since added a TV just above the performance stage. The last few Bomber games have been shown there - which makes sense as they're a sponsor lol.

As for my beer choice, I'll keep that to myself to avoid incoming stones lol.

I don't get the hype about brazen hall. The food sucks, the service is terrible and their house beer tastes like chilled piss.

8 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Not a fan of Brazen at all. The beer was a weird aftertaste.

Also TCB had since added a TV just above the performance stage. The last few Bomber games have been shown there - which makes sense as they're a sponsor lol.

As for my beer choice, I'll keep that to myself to avoid incoming stones lol.

As long as it isn't Molson Pilsner you can drink what you want as far as I am concerned.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lots of changes!

Glad to see a few of the changes. It’ll be great to see dobson get a start at guard couture return at centre and gray get a game at tackle. Lofton worries me and brown may have to be quick getting the ball out with all those changes. At the very least though I expect that line to do very well run blocking. 

like seeing Lawrence and Darby start. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

The all Canadian oline is neat 

almost...Lofton isn't...but 4 of 5 is

Getting healthy tho....next game and playoffs if Houston is still out and Lawrence plays like I think he will....would like to see Jeffcoat for Cooper....Rutz for Cole.....Parker for Holm and the Oline back to the starters to open the season, and we looking damn good

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

Lots of changes, but not as many as I was expecting honestly. 

Yeah wanted to see Massie get some reps...and Parker working the field side with Lawrence....Kinda wanted to see Heiligh get some reps too at reciever

Lofton even tho been bouncing around a bit, is intriguing to me....I think there must be something there since we carried him now since last yr....Richmond let heal right up...He is going to be a Bryant/Yoshi type guy...huge upside there...I bet if Bryant decides to hang him up...which I dont see as a given...Richmond will be the LT ....for yrs

Just now, GCJenks said:

A little relieved I didn't do too much trash talking with my Vancouver friends. Going to be a closer game than I want but I recognize that the new guys need some live fire time too.

I can honestly see a win here....BC will have work cut out for themselves with this version of the defence....if offence can be mistake free...put up 25 points...can see a win a comin'

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Yeah....Heiligh would be nice.....Hopefully he gets a shot in the last of the home and home....the guy is very intriguing 

yup...was highly touted as well as a possible rostered receiver in NFL too....be interesting to watch him work up here...great body type and tangibles for the CFL Slot

2 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

I don't get the hype about brazen hall. The food sucks, the service is terrible and their house beer tastes like chilled piss.

I’m surprised by this… I’ve always had good food and great service there.  Their Gokstad IPA is a pretty solid beer.

And I don’t want to know why you know what chilled piss tastes like.

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I’m surprised by this… I’ve always had good food and great service there.  Their Gokstad IPA is a pretty solid beer.

And I don’t want to know why you know what chilled piss tastes like.

Yeh I haven't been since before covid, but I quite liked the food at Brazen Hall a couple of years ago at least.

13 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Brown getting a big opportunity to make a splash ... but down three starting hogs.  Ouch.

well Gray and Kolo been starters all yr basically...Couture is an all star center and will be there for play offs...some shuffling current starters and Dobson has been getting plays...only real newbie is Lofton, but again he has started games before for other teams...so knows the CFL...be interesting to watch....also hope to see what Witt has...dude is a brawler....SASK would kill to trot out this O-line

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Happy to see our future LT getting some reps and giving the legend a week off to heal up. 

I bet when all said and done Gray is gonna be a damn fine Tackle...has the athleticism for it...and also is powerful as hell...guys tryung to go wide he will likely push right outta the play

I thought we did pretty well at the dome for the most part. Bc prone to the run so hopefully we see lots of that as that oline looks like it's gonna steamroll some folks. 

I like our chances. I'm not overly impressed with bc... even with Rourke, who I thought we made look like a rookie when we killed them earlier this year. 

Vernon Adams sucks and doesn't worry me one bit. Guess the only thing that worries Me is we have a bye next week and that seemingly has been our only downfall this season.  Sort of taking the week b4 the bye lightly. 

Edited by Goalie

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I thought we did pretty well at the dome for the most part. Bc prone to the run so hopefully we see lots of that as that oline looks like it's gonna steamroll some folks. 

I like our chances. I'm not overly impressed with bc... even with Rourke, who I thought we made look like a rookie when we killed them earlier this year. 

Vernon Adams sucks and doesn't worry me one bit. Guess the only thing that worries Me is we have a bye next week and that seemingly has been our only downfall this season.  Sort of taking the week b4 the bye lightly. 

I think now...crunch time...that game before bye week snafu wont be occurring....this may just be another statement being made tomorrow

It's so nice to move into exhibition season now AND still have the playoffs to come.  So many seasons of "might as well start auditioning people for next year" memories.

Really don't care about the final score in this one.  A win would be nice, but I hope that the young guys show their stuff and give managment some hard decisions to have to make for next year.

7 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

It's so nice to move into exhibition season now AND still have the playoffs to come.  So many seasons of "might as well start auditioning people for next year" memories.

Really don't care about the final score in this one.  A win would be nice, but I hope that the young guys show their stuff and give managment some hard decisions to have to make for next year.

YEAH...good feeling to go into last few games, not overly concerned with outcome other than no injuries, and get a chance to see what our back-ups and depth players bring to the table against a team that is fighting for a home playoff game, so we know the real bullets will be a flying