Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

• Noeller changed the title to Back 2 Back Champs @ VAJ-Cats-tic Voyage: The Week Of Thread
1 hour ago, Booch said:

If Houston isnt available again...or till playoffs calling it now that our backfield is gonna be Rose, Nichols, BA, Lawrence and Parker with Darby at the Dime...If Houston back it will be one of Lawrence at HB/DI

Rutledge to the practice squad… what’s the story there? By my observations he was pretty good this year. 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wonder if we see a lot of Johnny Augustine and McCrae also?

I'd give Brady a half in this game...then maybe a quarter or so in last....or vice versa....allow him a legit chance to get his 1000 and also keep him fresh and injury free

It still bugs me in Harris's first season how Osh shut him down in that last game when he was 26 yards shy of 1000...like wtf was that?

17 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Was it not everyone freaked out he played Harris just to get his 1000 yards

Maybe but he was also 33, and dealing with lingering injuries. Don’t want any of our starters right playing too much, but I would give him that time to get to his milestone he’s only 25 with very little mileage on his body. 

21 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Maybe but he was also 33, and dealing with lingering injuries. Don’t want any of our starters right playing too much, but I would give him that time to get to his milestone he’s only 25 with very little mileage on his body. 

in 2016 he wasnt 33

Hopefully Brown gets at least a few starters to play with and isn’t all scrubs. Would like him to get some legit time with legit starters in a non-clock killing scenario. 

Rest is important and you never want to see an injury in a meaningless game, but with two byes the rest will be there to a good extent. 

Some things the players and team can still play for:

- One win sets a new club record, and two ties Edmonton for the most wins ever

- Oliviera is 81 yards away from 1,000 (would be the 10th Canadian rusher to ever hit that total) and is 30 yards behind the league leader (but with one more game played). If he tops the list, would be the 5th Canadian ever to lead the league in rushing

-Collaros has already hit personal career highs in every passing category, is 103 yards behind Bethel-Thompson for the league lead (with one more game played)

-Schoen has the league lead in reception yardage by 34 (with one more game played) than Rhymes, is 255 yards away from the all-time rookie record, is 20 receptions away from the rookie record. 

-Demski is 295 yards away from his first 1,000 yard season receiving. 

Clements started out pretty good all things considered...but then tailed off a bit...and seemed to get washed out a lot...now was that due to maybe he was playing thru injury, and it got to the point they had to 6 game him?..who knows, but will be good to see what he brings again now he back to health....He was also very good in Edmonton too

ehhhhh so many options in Winnipeg for a viewing party at a place that actually serves decent beer. I mean, you've got a partnership with Brazen Hall, for starters, and at TCB, for second..... could not one of them done it? I guess. Cdn Brewhouse, being a big chain, was able to pony up a lot more money for the rights to host it. Still......shame. Would be fun to do one of these at a place with decent beer. I remember watching an away game with a pile of Bombers fans at Barley Bros on Pembina, when that was still a thing. That was a really good time. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

ehhhhh so many options in Winnipeg for a viewing party at a place that actually serves decent beer. I mean, you've got a partnership with Brazen Hall, for starters, and at TCB, for second..... could not one of them done it? I guess. Cdn Brewhouse, being a big chain, was able to pony up a lot more money for the rights to host it. Still......shame. Would be fun to do one of these at a place with decent beer. I remember watching an away game with a pile of Bombers fans at Barley Bros on Pembina, when that was still a thing. That was a really good time. 

They need that sweet, sweet, Coors bank. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

TCB does not have any TVs in their tap room. Was done on purpose to create a more social atmosphere