LOLks @ Back 2 Back Champs: Tha Mahfuggin Game Day Thread

Noeller

35 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

don’t think that is all too common a thing to give your players that kind of voice

and buck gets a lot of shots here for his play calling. guess collaros disagrees.

another thing..... twice Bomber d players restrained themselves when a play was not quite over,

jeffersen   didnt do the usual push at the sideline corny going out of bounds

new guy 54 gentle sack of corny... actually held him up.

I appreciated both plays... smart and respectful. I hate the push when a guy is going out of bounds. only possible purpose is to injure.

Edited by Mark F

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

The record the past 2 yrs is likely due to a lot of things like this...

It works two fold in that it:

-Makes players feel more confident in the game plan 

-Makes them even more invested in the playbook and studying the other team’s because they get to contribute.

Pretty awesome, no ego from Buck or the other coaches. Top down philosophy from the coaches to the players. 

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

another thing..... twice Bomber d players restrained themselves when a play was not quite over,

jeffersen   didnt do the usual push at the sideline corny going out of bounds

new guy 54 gentle sack of corny... actually held him up.

I appreciated both plays... smart and respectful.

and buck gets a lot of shots here for his play calling. guess collaros disagrees.

The Adams play was funny- definitely gently wrapped him up after just bumping him and thinking he was going down. 

43 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

ZC’s post game was an interesting look at how our coaching staff operates.

He said that him and Brown go looking for plays in other leagues that they think could work for us, and Buck tries to put those plays into the playbook/game plan if they all agree it looks good.

Specifically they noticed something about Edmonton’s front - brought it to Buck, suggested DP run the play- Buck put it in and it got a TD. 

I don’t think that is all too common a thing to give your players that kind of voice

Or for players to take that initiative.

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

He said that him and Brown go looking for plays in other leagues that they think could work for us, and Buck tries to put those plays into the playbook/game plan if they all agree it looks good.

Specifically they noticed something about Edmonton’s front - brought it to Buck, suggested DP run the play- Buck put it in and it got a TD. 

I don’t think that is all too common a thing to give your players that kind of voice

Dakota Purkop said on the post game show that Dru Brown drew the play up this week and brought it to Buck

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

It works two fold in that it:

-Makes players feel more confident in the game plan 

-Makes them even more invested in the playbook and studying the other team’s because they get to contribute.

Pretty awesome, no ego from Buck or the other coaches. Top down philosophy from the coaches to the players. 

The Adams play was funny- definitely gently wrapped him up after just bumping him and thinking he was going down. 

I would add in that that kind of coaching attitude is why we have been so good at player retention. There's not alot of ego on this coaching staff. It's why almost every player goes on about how special this team is. 

Excellent all around effort.....What stands out for me the most in this one was the poise that Collaros displays....Mark of a true champion and when he took those two heavy shots bounced right up and continued his stellar play....Was also impressed with our back-ups...This team is deep in talented personell

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Things like this are why I believe former qbs make the best offensive coordinators. They have to have a much deeper understanding of the entire thing than other positions.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Dakota Purkop said on the post game show that Dru Brown drew the play up this week and brought it to Buck

Yeh... one of your backup QBs designing a play for your other backup QB and not only having that practiced, but also used in game... yeh that's how you keep players bought into the game plan and the team

Just now, Stickem said:

I think the ball off of his helmet kind of embarassed him ...put that behind him and is catching on quick...He could turn out to be a very nice find

Yeah...he plays hard...once he gets up to speed on cfl nuances he could make a nice HB...even some Sam

2 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Is Schoen NFL bound?

You can’t teach that type of separation on his 65 yard TD. That’s just pure football IQ.

Hard to say with NFL politics and how they view things...lots going against him...walk on...2 yr starter only...un drafted...2 failed attempts...cfl refugee...plus he will be 27 next yr during season...so he needs to.make a roster as a contributor right outta the gate if he even gets a legit chance...NFL wont waste money and time developing a guy that age...with minimal pedigree in the way the view things...we may luck out