Back 2 Back Champs @ Back 2 Back Losers: The Week Of Thread

Noeller

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/15/all-nine-cfl-teams-ranked-injuries/

Montreal Alouettes — 69 man games lost (5.8 per game)

B.C. Lions — 90 man games lost (8.2 per game)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers — 122 man games lost (9.4 per game)

The rest are in the article. We're #3.

but...but...apparently to some fan bases...we havnt had to deal with injuries....amazing

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

https://3downnation.com/2022/09/15/all-nine-cfl-teams-ranked-injuries/

Montreal Alouettes — 69 man games lost (5.8 per game)

B.C. Lions — 90 man games lost (8.2 per game)

Winnipeg Blue Bombers — 122 man games lost (9.4 per game)

The rest are in the article. We're #3.

I wonder if there's any correlation between where a team sits on that list and the average age of the roster.

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

but...but...apparently to some fan bases...we havnt had to deal with injuries....amazing

Sloppy article by Hodge. He needs to narrow down the man games lost by team to guys in the starting rotation for this to have any impact. Take a team like the Riders, for instance, who have a whopping 73 man games lost to marginal roster ham n' eggers STers and backups. It skews the impact of the article when that context is lost. Also, a team like BC losing Rourke...how can that be equated to a simple man game...he was their team. That being said in simple terms of man games lost their is not a lot of difference between a lot of the teams in the league with a couple of exceptions. The difference between 175 and 122 is quite literally a couple of STers that Saskatchewan lost compared to us.....but they are snake bitten woe is me the football gods are shitting on us, and we have been completely healthy according to them.  The excuse train out of the big trapezoid never ceases to amaze me, show them facts and they will say the league conspired to fix the numbers.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

3DumbNation really wants us to believe the Riders got curb-stomped on Saturday because they were sick. Cry babies. 

meh, I don't care why the Bombers won. They won. If the criders and the media who need them for $$ want to act like they lost for this reason or that, have at'er! Doesn't change ****.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

meh, I don't care why the Bombers won. They won. If the criders and the media who need them for $$ want to act like they lost for this reason or that, have at'er! Doesn't change ****.

I like that they have an excuse after every game. It prevents them from having to be accountable to each other, and the fan base.

It does seem like the Riders have more excuses, refs, injuries, sickness, CoVid, unfair suspensions, schedule etc. Now while some of the excuses are legit all teams have obstacles to get over, I think it's great that they keep looking at excuses and blaming outside circumstances for their struggles. The more they do that, the less they look in the mirror and actually become accountable. 

It was an interesting article to read, an while probably factually true, it does not truly account for the impact of certain players injured, for example as mentioned above BC losing Rourke is hard to compare to a fringe player. However to try and determine that would be very speculative. I am glad to see us somewhere close to the middle, and hopefully the remainder of the season will see us move up up the list to the least injured team. 

yup...man games from whom?...starters...and the starters back up...or ST guys and roster fillers.....but yeah always an excuse....yet you never hear one here...Like the 2019 Grey Cup where we were ravaged the same way with sick guys....guys who hardly got out of bed the week leading up to the game, and similar IV drips needing to be done...yet you never heard a peep, and we went out..took care of business and did it convincingly

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

PED Leonard’s numbers/play has really dropped off since he refused to take a drug test.

Weird 

I was gonna mention that....since that moment in time, he has been basically what he was before..average....interesting lol

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No no no, it was the officials who were unfair to him, he wasn't taking PEDs, he just really has a shy bladder!

AND when the rest of the league sees shite like that going on over there, it's no wonder they're viewed like they are....And IF I see another shocked look on Dickie boys face after a deserved penalty call goes against them, I'm going to puke

Edited by Stickem

22 minutes ago, Stickem said:

AND when the rest of the league sees shite like that going on over there, it's no wonder they're viewed like they are....And IF I see another shocked look on Dickie boys face after a deserved penalty call goes against them, I'm going to puke

You don’t have to puke. Smile knowing you called it! 

4 hours ago, 3rdand1.5 said:

It does seem like the Riders have more excuses, refs, injuries, sickness, CoVid, unfair suspensions, schedule etc. Now while some of the excuses are legit all teams have obstacles to get over, I think it's great that they keep looking at excuses and blaming outside circumstances for their struggles. The more they do that, the less they look in the mirror and actually become accountable. 

It was an interesting article to read, an while probably factually true, it does not truly account for the impact of certain players injured, for example as mentioned above BC losing Rourke is hard to compare to a fringe player. However to try and determine that would be very speculative. I am glad to see us somewhere close to the middle, and hopefully the remainder of the season will see us move up up the list to the least injured team. 

We've had numerous key injuries and played 10 games before getting a bye week,they need to stop bitching and crying like their qb