BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS at LIONS GDT

Nolby

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

as do I....It seems to be working out just fine and $$ wise will allow us to tweak/add....and also allowed us to maintain.....Ellingson is still the real deal...can make the wow catches just like Lawler....and I think Schoen is gonna be even better than the real Duke in the CFL....and thats saying something.....he looks like a guy who been up here for several yrs already, and if he puts back to back seasons here together like he is so far....may be trying the NFL in 2024

Possibly even after this year.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I think Rourke is legit. Perhaps not Flutie level as his first three games indicated but at worst a solid starting QB.

For sure. I did not mean to imply that he will not be a gooder, just that expectations based on the first 3 games are a little lofty. He really needs to be a little less loose with the ball though.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

It will come to him the more he plays, he's not there yet. 

It was probably a good thing that he did not have to suffer behind the O-line the Lions had last year or he would have needed a lot of crazy glue for this year.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It was probably a good thing that he did not have to suffer behind the O-line the Lions had last year or he would have needed a lot of crazy glue for this year.

No doubt. Based on what I saw last game that OL was overachieving the first few games though. Last year's OL probably shatters his confidence by now.

Edited by GCn20

18 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Dude can sling the ball...no doubt about it....best long ball I've seen in many years. The game will have to slow down for him though. It will take a while.

He reminds me a lot of Zylstra. 

yup

Rourke hasn't been 'figured out'. We got in front on the first play of the game. We took the run away & forced him to throw on almost every play. Our DL beat their OL consistently and made Rourke throw early. We gave him a lot to process. He'll learn from it and get better. He's got the best long ball in the league.

We played the best game we've played this year by a country mile against BC. First time the O line dominated. First time the Offence clicked. First time we had a running game. First time we looked like the top team in the league.

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Rourke hasn't been 'figured out'. We got in front on the first play of the game. We took the run away & forced him to throw on almost every play. Our DL beat their OL consistently and made Rourke throw early. We gave him a lot to process. He'll learn from it and get better. He's got the best long ball in the league.

We played the best game we've played this year by a country mile against BC. First time the O line dominated. First time the Offence clicked. First time we had a running game. First time we looked like the top team in the league.

Right on cue the Rourke fan club arrives. Bottom line is that we forced him into a ton of mistakes and made him look ordinary. Of course, beating up their OL and giving different looks is how we did it but he can expect a lot of that from opposing DCs now. Time will tell whether he figures it out. Fact of the matter is the book on him will be that he doesn't handle the heat well, teams are going to bring the heat.

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

We did all of that on  short week playing two road games back to back. 

We can all be thankful that their offence is so vanilla that we were able to game plan and execute without much practice. Sayles needs to look in the mirror, his team's offence was run the ball and chuck it deep....we took one away and it all fell apart like a house of cards.

Edited by GCn20

Figured out in meaning u press coverage for the quick hitter...change coverage after the pre snap then he yes DOES struggle and thats mainly from being inexperienced...question now is can he progress past that.....Ottawa as well did it a bit and could of and really should have won that game...we took it a step further, and have better personel.....so watch teams do more the same, and see if he can adjust...it's not a coincidence that he has thrown 4 picks in 2 games from seeing this....and if you cant succeed if you dont have a run game, then are u elite?...ZC got enough done to get wins with no run game...and yes the defense had a good hand in it too....but last time I checked football is a 3 phase game, and takes portions of each to win consistently...Rourke throws a strong deep ball....but if you cant agree 2 of those were very...veryyy fortunate then u weren't watching...one was a risky toss into double coverage, and was lucky....i bet if it was to be played out same way again would be a pic or incomplete....the other was an underthrow that BC again had lady luck on their side....if Taylor had turned around...he is in position to knock it away or pick it...50/50 ball offence's are not a recipe for continued success....other than those 3 plays....he didnt do much....and looked as just what he is...inexperienced guy with lot to learn, but also lots of potential...now does he have it upstairs to realize said potential...time will tell

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

Right on cue the Rourke fan club arrives. Bottom line is that we forced him into a ton of mistakes and made him look ordinary. Of course, beating up their OL and giving different looks is how we did it but he can expect a lot of that from opposing DCs now. Time will tell whether he figures it out.

You must be a Rourke hater if you think that one game = figured out. Rourke, like all young QB's, will have up and down games. It's all new for him this year. Every game he'll see things he's never seen before. Seeing it on tape is different than playing in it. If he's smart, and I think he is, then he'll learn from the experience. If not, then congrats... you're the first person to see that he's been 'figured out'.

Am I the only one who wasn't enamoured with the play of our offensive line?

Outside the first quarter, they weren't particularly dominant.  Collaros made things happen - it was his escapability and ability to extend plays with his legs that kept the chains moving but he was under a fair bit of pressure all night and there's still work to be done in the running game (not solely on the offensive line as our backs shoulder some of the responsibility here as well).

Zach doesn't make people miss and this game might have a different feel to it.  

6 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Outside the first quarter, they weren't particularly dominant.  Collaros made things happen - it was his escapability and ability to extend plays with his legs that kept the chains moving but he was under a fair bit of pressure all night and there's still work to be done in the running game (not solely on the offensive line as our backs shoulder some of the responsibility here as well).

I think Hardrick took 3 uncharacteristic penalties. The short week has to be especially tough on the stamina of the big eaters. 

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Bc adjusted and was bringing blitzes frequently. Our heavy set is insistent on using Dobson at tackle even when passing and he isn’t a tackle. 
 Over all our best game from the ol but the first half was better for sure. 
 Hurts not having couture though. Kola does not have that good mobility. I think people are seeing just how under rated desjarlais was. He really was the best guard in the league by a mile.