Week 9 GDT - second place is the first loser games.

TrueBlue4ever

5 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

EDM looks rough. Dedmon had OTT in great field position as usual only they used it for a change. They let EDM hang around, a better team would have snuck up and stolen the game but lucky for OTT it's just the elks they aren't stealing much at the moment

Edmonton looks like a dumpster fire but we better not get overconfident. The Bombers will have to play their best to win in BC. I just pray it doesn't come down to a 45 yard FG for us to win.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

So I was driving for work tonight and listened to the game on Sirius XM which had the Ottawa feed of the game. The RBs might as well have won the Grey Cup for how excited that broadcast team was to call a win. I laughed quite a bit cause **** the Elks all the way.... 

I remember a game many, many, MANY years ago. I was in Grade 12. The Bombers were on a horrendous losing streak, They went into BC on the road & upset the Lions. CJOB was doing the game with a young Bob Irving calling the plays. After the game was over, they went to a commercial break & then came back for the post game show. They played Happy Days Are Here Again in its entirerty. The radio crew was very giddy that night. 

Cornelius will get better and get in sync with his receivers, but it will be a while yet. I am happy for LaPolice. He is a good guy who has more than paid his dues and I hope that all of his experience will help him to expand his nickel-and-dime offence. Ottawa has a few good pieces but Desjardins had better get on his horse and find or trade for some legit talent.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Cornelius will get better and get in sync with his receivers, but it will be a while yet. I am happy for LaPolice. He is a good guy who has more than paid his dues and I hope that all of his experience will help him to expand his nickel-and-dime offence. Ottawa has a few good pieces but Desjardins had better get on his horse and find or trade for some legit talent.

Cornelius is kind of wild with his accuracy. His throwing motion can vary a lot from rep to rep too. 2.5 year starter in high school, and a 1 year starter in college. So its not surprising he is raw. The lack of consistency can only be fixed with a lot of training and reps though. He's 26 years old which is good, but he needs to be putting in a lot of work with a QB coach in the season and off season. The more I see him, the more I feel like he shouldnt be rushed. I think most teams are too soft on new qbs, ones with a lot of xp over all, but cornelius needs more time to polish his basic skills more than he needs to adjust to the cfl game. If they take their time with him he's gonna go really far. If not, he will probably have a big set back.

Compared his experience with duck hodges in ott. 3 year high school starter, 4 year college starter, 3 NFL training camps, and 6 NFL starts 8 games played. Hodges has a good 1,000 more passing attempts Highschool forward. 

Im not too high on what the RBs did last night. Changing qbs and going young can get a little extra oomph early on. They had some huge returns setting up very short fields, and the turn over too. A gadget wr throw play, edm looking like elk in the head lights on the screen pass to flanders, and badly blown coverage on the first td pass. If evans hit harris in stride on the early deep ball thats an un touched td. Harris had to come back and wait a long time on that ball. 

Devonte dedmon is the most dangerous return man in the CFL right now by a huge margin. When flanders went down he looked good at RB. He averaged 30 yards per punt return on 5 punts. And 33 per kick off return. 250 return yards. The ott offense totaled less passing yards than that, and flanders had a pitiful 3.2 yards per carry to go with his 3.7 yards per carry on the season. They had 24 runs and a TON of screen passes. 0 attempts to get dedmon in on the offense at all. 

Once again plop is the worst oc at using his talent, especially DI's and dangerous return men in his offense. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

Ottawa did us a solid. 

Watch them catch fire, come out the East, then we get them in the Cup.

I think they win 4 or 5 games max. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Im not too high on what the RBs did last night. Changing qbs and going young can get a little extra oomph early on. They had some huge returns setting up very short fields, and the turn over too. A gadget wr throw play, edm looking like elk in the head lights on the screen pass to flanders, and badly blown coverage on the first td pass. If evans hit harris in stride on the early deep ball thats an un touched td. Harris had to come back and wait a long time on that ball. 

Devonte dedmon is the most dangerous return man in the CFL right now by a huge margin. When flanders went down he looked good at RB. He averaged 30 yards per punt return on 5 punts. And 33 per kick off return. 250 return yards. The ott offense totaled less passing yards than that, and flanders had a pitiful 3.2 yards per carry to go with his 3.7 yards per carry on the season. They had 24 runs and a TON of screen passes. 0 attempts to get dedmon in on the offense at all. 

Once again plop is the worst oc at using his talent, especially DI's and dangerous return men in his offense. 

I think they win 4 or 5 games max. 

I am not being serious. But, in a league where most teams look very beatable, thry are suddenly back in the hunt for 3rd in the East.

Just now, Geebrr said:

I am not being serious. But, in a league where most teams look very beatable, thry are suddenly back in the hunt for 3rd in the East.

Yeah I know. And the east division is the weakest ive seen it in a long time. I wouldnt be surprised if the winner of the east was under .500  But I dont think ott is really in a better place then they were a week ago. I think the ELK are in the worse place. Montreal has really under achieved soo far but I still think they are much better. 

I expect that teams will be jostling for home field till the last week or two. But right now I think calgary, edmonton, and ottawa are toast. 

Just now, Blue_Dragoon said:

I don’t know about that. I feel like the east briefly looked decent for just a few year stretch and is now back to business as usual (looking like crap). I feel like through most of this millennium  it has been this way.

Oh the east is always dung. But I think the calibre of play is even worse now. The division is normally dominated by .500 ish teams. Tor has reason for optimism going forward, if they can get even a 2nd tier QB performance consistently they will be really good. As it is though, I cant see any east teams standing a chance against us bc or ssk. If one of those 3 teams crossed over, they'd sweep the east in blow out fashion. 

Its not even any given sunday with the east division right now. They are just bad at football.   

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Cornelius is kind of wild with his accuracy. His throwing motion can vary a lot from rep to rep too. 2.5 year starter in high school, and a 1 year starter in college. So its not surprising he is raw. The lack of consistency can only be fixed with a lot of training and reps though. He's 26 years old which is good, but he needs to be putting in a lot of work with a QB coach in the season and off season. The more I see him, the more I feel like he shouldnt be rushed. I think most teams are too soft on new qbs, ones with a lot of xp over all, but cornelius needs more time to polish his basic skills more than he needs to adjust to the cfl game. If they take their time with him he's gonna go really far. If not, he will probably have a big set back.

Compared his experience with duck hodges in ott. 3 year high school starter, 4 year college starter, 3 NFL training camps, and 6 NFL starts 8 games played. Hodges has a good 1,000 more passing attempts Highschool forward. 

There are plenty of good private qb coaches around. I have a feeling he's already doing that. Most pro qbs work with someone.