Week 1 thoughts and review

Nolby

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

His throw was low and catchable. Looked like Nichols throws except with more velocity. The receiver knocked it up in the air. A good receiver never does that.

I was wondering who everyone was going to pick on this year now that Duron Carter's gone. Turns out its Wilder.

That interception was on the receiver,  it's unfortunate but sometimes the bounces go the wrong way.      I wouldn't classify it as a panic move or terrible decision unlike the Masoli interceptions where he faced our awesome pressure and just blindly tossed the ball into our players hands.  

Wilder -  Fair game on picking on Wilder...  I wouldn't say he's anywhere near Carter level of deserving the hate.  But Wilder definitely seems like a me first kind of person.... personally I think everyone on here will pick on Banks for this season and I fully support them.   

20 hours ago, Brandon said:

That interception was on the receiver,  it's unfortunate but sometimes the bounces go the wrong way.      I wouldn't classify it as a panic move or terrible decision unlike the Masoli interceptions where he faced our awesome pressure and just blindly tossed the ball into our players hands.  

Wilder -  Fair game on picking on Wilder...  I wouldn't say he's anywhere near Carter level of deserving the hate.  But Wilder definitely seems like a me first kind of person.... personally I think everyone on here will pick on Banks for this season and I fully support them.   

On that INT. It's on both players. The pass was low and behind making it a much harder catch than it should have been. But the rec also got both hands on the ball and should have been able to pull it in.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I was less impressed by Nelson. He had more opportunities than Bailey and basically did nothing. Admittedly the play calls to him/execution of the blocking was fairly bad too.

Yeah same with woli. Though woli made the most of his blocking. I'd really like to see cam Meredith and agudosi get a look. 

23 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

On that INT. It's on both players. The pass was low and behind making it a much harder catch than it should have been. But the rec also got both hands on the ball and should have been able to pull it in.

Yeh the pick-6 INT was a bad throw that got turned into a game-losing play by a rookie receiver doing the wrong thing.

His other INT was another poor throw that ALSO should have probably been an incomplete pass if (the same) rookie receiver had tried to make a play on the ball in the air.

Harris' fault for making bad throws - rookie receivers fault for not defending against the INT on the first one and turning the second one into a game losing pick-6

28 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Just watched CFL wired for this week.  The Bombers (admittedly Darvin didn't play) don't do a lot of yapping on the field it seems. 

Actions speak louder than words.

It's helped us from getting completely unnecessary penalties where the guys get overly emotional and react and then send the team back 15 yards.