Jump to content

2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Getting old sucks.

I agree, the same that happened to Harris just happened to me mowing my lawn this morning...Crown may start flowing a bit earlier than usual today...lol

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

good job on this stuff, thanks. 

 

also, site says I am a collaborator. not sure I like that. better post more for a while

don't turn me into the Germans!

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Good to see Demski having a strong camp. I was a bit meh on him during the regular season but he was huge for us in the playoffs.

Demski played like a man on a mission in the playoffs.  He definitely displayed another gear and the heart of a lion during those 3 games that I'm sure Osh just loved to see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-24 at 8:45 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

after Briggs and Gauthier, we only have rookies Cadwallader and Lowes (who is currently not practicing). this pickup is for ST for sure and 13 ST tackles is music in O’Shea’s ears.

I know he's way more important than that, but Gauthier will always in my mind be known as "that one STs guy that made that huge game-saving tackle on SSK's trick play in the 2019 Western Final"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Good to see Demski having a strong camp. I was a bit meh on him during the regular season but he was huge for us in the playoffs.

You were meh on someone? Good to see things haven't changed 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:
Former NFLer ArDarius Stewart makes a snag in traffic and takes it to the house, 60 yards via Collaros. It is evident the #Bombers put a significant focus on scouting and bringing in a deep crop of new talent at receiver.

I re-watched the June 27th 2019 game again, where we beat Edmonton (barely), and the Reklaws were the half time entertainment (lol).  Kind of a messy game, amazing how much offenses in the CFL improve as the season goes and the timing starts to click much better.  Our receivers at that time were Chris Matthews (I was like what?  I forgot all about him), Darvin, Lucky W., Wollo and Demski, with Petermann also getting in a play or two here and there.  That's not exactly an overwhelming cast of characters, though Lucky got two TDs for us in that game and looked like he was going to light it up at the time.  Good to see the Bombers really focus on getting more depth.  By the end of 2019 I thought our receiving corp had gotten much stronger, and it's only gotten better since then, I'd say.

Edited by kelownabomberfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I re-watched the June 27th 2019 game again, where we beat Edmonton (barely), and the Reklaws were the half time entertainment (lol).  Kind of a messy game, amazing how much offenses in the CFL improve as the season goes and the timing starts to click much better.  Our receivers at that time were Chris Matthews (I was like what?  I forgot all about him), Darvin, Lucky W., Wollo and Demski, with Petermann also getting in a play or two here and there.  That's not exactly an overwhelming cast of characters, though Lucky got two TDs for us in that game and looked like he was going to light it up at the time.  Good to see the Bombers really focus on getting more depth.  By the end of 2019 I thought our receiving corp had gotten much stronger, and it's only gotten better since then, I'd say.

Yeah receiver has been a bit of a weird one for this group, but I really like Lawler and Bailey and think they have the makings of a good group. If any of the new faces work out we should be laughing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah receiver has been a bit of a weird one for this group, but I really like Lawler and Bailey and think they have the makings of a good group. If any of the new faces work out we should be laughing.

I hope we see a good creative use of grant too. That guy is crazy dangerous with the ball in his hands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

I hope we see a good creative use of grant too. That guy is crazy dangerous with the ball in his hands. 

In that June 27th 2019 game Charles Nelson was our return specialist. I see that he is back. Who do they go with, Grant or Nelson? I realize this is where being able to see training camp would help a lot.

Edited by kelownabomberfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

In that June 27th 2019 game Charles Nelson was our return specialist. I see that he is back. Who do they go with, Grant or Nelson? I realize this is where being able to see training camp would help a lot.

I think they may continue to carry 2 return men we did most of last year till lucky was benched. Especially while we are down bodies Nelson is more polished at wr and is very dangerous too.

 

58 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Grant was better by a good bit, IMO. 

Nelson was out pretty early last year before Grant came in. Grant was the most dangerous return man we've had in a while but Nelson is far more well rounded. Having both is a pretty great luxury. Nelson is just 25 and was one of the most versatile and dangerous players in the ncaa with the ducks. Running the ball wr returner starting at corner back he can cover kicks even. 

The big question will be how Nelson has bounced back from his injury. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think the team is as happy with our receivers as they pretend to be be. We didn't have any 1000 yard receivers in '19. We signed, then lost Mitchell to upgrade the receiver spot. Then we signed Meredith as a probable upgrade and he got injured early in TC. There are still a bunch of new receivers in camp. Are they pushing the vets for spots? Who knows? The media isn't giving us much info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...