2021 Blue Bombers Training Camp/Pre-Season Stuff

Noeller

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I couldn't give a rats ass how many receivers or DBs other teams brought in and neither should you. It is completely irrelevant. Other teams have holes to fill in their LBer, DL, OL, RB, and NAT component that we quite frankly don't have. Calgary and BC are the examples you give? They CAN'T bring in 20+ receivers because they have too many holes to fill throughout their lineup that we don't have. The fact we took a targeted approach to the positions of receiver and DB is because these are the skill positions on a football field and quite frankly where the gamebreakers are mostly found. When you have a solid crew in the trenches and LBer crew it allows you the luxury of bringing in more at the skill positions so that you have a better chance of finding a superstar in the making. None of that means the Bombers are unhappy or worried about their incumbents.

As I said in my post if other teams are doing it then it's because of the expanded rosters and 2 years of drafts as folks around here have suggested. If not, then that's not the reason.

Calgary has receiver spots to fill. BC likes what they have at receiver so they didn't have a need to bring as many in.

We like where we are at a DL, OL, LB, RB and Nat's, so we didn't need to bring in a ton of players at those spots. We brought in a ton of DB's because we have DB spots to fill. We obviously targeted the receiver spot because we brought in a ton of them. If you like what you have in a spot, why bring in that much competition? 

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

As I said in my post if other teams are doing it then it's because of the expanded rosters and 2 years of drafts as folks around here have suggested. If not, then that's not the reason.

Calgary has receiver spots to fill. BC likes what they have at receiver so they didn't have a need to bring as many in.

We like where we are at a DL, OL, LB, RB and Nat's, so we didn't need to bring in a ton of players at those spots. We brought in a ton of DB's because we have DB spots to fill. We obviously targeted the receiver spot because we brought in a ton of them. If you like what you have in a spot, why bring in that much competition? 

Calgary brought in 21 receivers (17 still on the roster with 4 cut in the last 2 weeks).

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but there is no rookie mini-camp this year unlike the previous years. If I recall it correctly, those rookie mini-camps are pre-dominantly WRs and DBs and a handful of players in other positions and only a handful of those rookies really make it to the main camp. 

18 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Maybe the team really is uhappy with the WR play and desperately wants an upgrade. Maybe they STILL have 16 wr in camp because it's been undeniably close between them all and they want to take more time before deciding who to cut. Maybe they are actually very happy going into the season with the guys they had last year but want to make sure they have the best depth possible.....here's the thing....no one on this board knows either way lol. You can all talk till your face turns pink and you STILL won't actually know. There's also never any point in arguing with Tburg, he's always right in his head. You're just wasting you're own time.

All those receivers on all of those rosters across the CFL and not one of them is named Duron Carter.  Thank goodness for that.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but there is no rookie mini-camp this year unlike the previous years. If I recall it correctly, those rookie mini-camps are pre-dominantly WRs and DBs and a handful of players in other positions and only a handful of those rookies really make it to the main camp. 

That's a good point too. A year like this is going to be hard on wr and db injuries as well. 

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Regarding receivers, let's do the math. 

I would assume the starters for Week1 will be: 
Lawler, Bailey, Demski, Wolitarsky and Stewart.

For backups:
Nelson as DI 
and 1 of Tyrell/O'leary-Orange for Canadian.
I could see Borsa here too as Demski-type guy. 

I'm assuming Adams and Meredith will be on IR in Week1. 

So between the taxi-squad and PR you put maybe 3 or 4 guys: 
Just guessing maybe Agudosi, McKnight for Americans 
and the other of Tyrell/O'leary-Orange for Canadian. 

So that leaves you only 2 or 3 receivers to cut:
Crockett, Grayson and Alexander. 

Yeah, we brought too many receivers. :D

Qft. Also grant will roster as a wr and di. Was hoping orange would turn out to be solid but haven't heard a peep about him in camp. And all I've heard about borsa is he's gotten plenty of reps. 

If Harris is out and we do 2 wr for kr duty borsa would be nice to carry as a 3rd rb.

I assume we will di a db a lber like antigha. 

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Qft. Also grant will roster as a wr and di. Was hoping orange would turn out to be solid but haven't heard a peep about him in camp. And all I've heard about borsa is he's gotten plenty of reps. 

If Harris is out and we do 2 wr for kr duty borsa would be nice to carry as a 3rd rb.

I assume we will di a db a lber like antigha. 

and peeps seem to be all we are getting this year...

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I feel like Grant is the DI over Nelson but that's just me.

It's a given that Grant will be one of the DIs as our primary kick returner, that's why I did not listed him on the receiver groups. Nelson will be another DI taking Lucky's position before as backup receiver/DI. I could see RB Devonte Williams in this position as well but I think the coaches will chose to field more vets as possible. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It's a given that Grant will be one of the DIs as our primary kick returner, that's why I did not listed him on the receiver groups. Nelson will be another DI taking Lucky's position before as backup receiver/DI. I could see RB Devonte Williams in this position as well but I think the coaches will chose to field more vets as possible. 

Grant also subbed in at wr some after lucky got benched and looked like he could end up being a good x factor guy 

Ted Wyman

@Ted_Wyman
· 2h
Tough day for Marc Liegghio at #Bombers practice today. He has missed four field goal tries: All pulled to the left: I believe Tyler Crapigna has made all of his attempts.

Competition seems to be back and forth, from day to day, but I’m assuming the coaches will opt for experience, to start the season.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:
Ted Wyman

@Ted_Wyman
· 2h
Tough day for Marc Liegghio at #Bombers practice today. He has missed four field goal tries: All pulled to the left: I believe Tyler Crapigna has made all of his attempts.

Competition seems to be back and forth, from day to day, but I’m assuming the coaches will opt for experience, to start the season.

Yeah, they'll have both on there...Crappy kicks and Legs punts....

6 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Hopefully Legs is doing both soon.

Legs needs to figure out the Medlock method for consistency.  So easy to get the Yips as a kicker....and then you are screwed.  How many did Lirim miss for us in that one game a few years ago?

Bombers kicker Lirim Hajrullahu apologizes to fans for Saturday's game | CBC News

Edited by kelownabomberfan

18 minutes ago, BomberBall said:
Ted Wyman

@Ted_Wyman
· 2h

Did Leggs drank any of Westy's drink by any chance? 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Legs needs to figure out the Medlock method for consistency.  So easy to get the Yips as a kicker....and then you are screwed.  How many did Lirim miss for us in that one game a few years ago?

Bombers kicker Lirim Hajrullahu apologizes to fans for Saturday's game | CBC News

Funny thing is medlock fell out of the NFL and ended up here because he got em down south. I wish they would've had him as a guest coach to work with him in camp. 

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Zach is looking jacked. Just based on his hair alone im predicting an MOP type year for Mr. Collaros.

Oh man he looks like streveler rubbed off on him lol. 

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Hopefully Legs is doing both soon.

Probably by next year at latest I imagine.