It's time to hand the ball to Streveler.

White Out

12 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Now please try to defend the average person who calls the post-game show on CJOB.  Or calls any show on CJOB.

Some of the callers did ramble..... some had legit questions.... it was the way Irving treated them on air,  and his reasoning was super lame.  But at the same time it was like the car crash thing... I will be tuning in Monday for the coaches show if they still take calls. 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Bottom line after that poor offensive showing is something has to change...We're going nowhere in the playoffs with that performance...I really think it's time for our illustrious OC to put in plays for a tandem....When Matt is going into wilt mode, throw in a change of pace...and on a regular basis...Keeps the opposition guessing ...This offence has too many weapons that are not being used properly....Time to do a little experimenting when the Leo's come to town...Good place to start

This is the line that won the West Final last year.

17/31 54.8% 214 3 0 29

This won the Grey Cup

24/36 66.7% 253 2 2 38

So the winning QB was 41/67 61.2% 467 5 2 

Did not exactly blow people away.

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

17/31 54.8% 214 3 0 29

This won the Grey Cup

24/36 66.7% 253 2 2 38

Heres hoping Matty can reach 200 yds passing next game.

Edited by NorthernSkunk
Dang spelling

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

Here she hoping Matty can reach 200 yes passing next game.

could care less what he gets for yards as long as we don't turn the ball over and win...just wondering...who has "thrown"  for more TD's than Nichols this year?...and thats after 3 sub par games??

1 minute ago, Booch said:

could care less what he gets for yards as long as we don't turn the ball over and win...just wondering...who has "thrown"  for more TD's than Nichols this year?...and thats after 3 sub par games??

It's all about the W's.  I really believe any apparent shortcomings are more about choices and less about ineptitude.

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

It probably says more about the league as a whole...... many are complaining about the quality of the play right across the country.

so in your opinion everyone sucks...but Nichols sucks the least....yet in your eyes he's not getting it done...odd take on things

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

and we are 6-2 and in first..also lead the league in offensive TD's scored...hmmm

Correct. And agree, truly only winning matters. And we'll likely be 7 - 2 by the end of next week. All good. Just think as the season goes on, as an offense you may want to increase the percentage of pass attempts beyond 2 yards of the line of scrimmage. Pretty easy to scheme against as an DC in the playoffs - stop Harris running and catching check downs. The end. 

34 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

It had already failed last night on the failed 2nd down conversion when he turtles 2 yards short of the marker. He’s missing the fire in his belly to do what it takes. 

OMG, is it possible that Maas is a better coach that O’sh? Or was it Jones still then?

Are we truly asking our organization to be more like one run by CJ? 

Oh F$&@ are we in a bad state of fandom right now. 

Going to to go take a breathe and remind myself that we did win...

You do know that the Eskimos won the Grey cup that year right? 

James Franklin came in and played far better than Matt Nichols until Reilly was healthy. Teams can win in spite of their QB and Nichols has been among the worst QBs in the league the last three games. 

Just now, Booch said:

so in your opinion everyone sucks...but Nichols sucks the least....yet in your eyes he's not getting it done...odd take on things

Just pointed out what was being said.....  and again when we win " Nichols is getting it done ".... but when we lose it's a team game. 

My opinion Nichols does not have enough of what it takes to lead a team to victory with his play.  It would be nice to see him dominate a few drives every game all the way to the endzone.

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

17/31 54.8% 214 3 0 29

This won the Grey Cup

24/36 66.7% 253 2 2 38

I get your point, but respectfully think its misguided.

You want to put yourself in the best position to win continually. You can do that without great QB performances, but I think everyone here realizes that its more difficult that way. We won a game yesterday with two special teams touchdowns - I highly doubt teams are suddenly going to bank on that becoming a key to success. 

We know QB play and pass game success is strongly linked to winning. We want to excel at things that are strongly linked to winning, not attempt to be the exception.

Just now, Captain Blue said:

I get your point, but respectfully think its misguided.

You want to put yourself in the best position to win continually. You can do that without great QB performances, but I think everyone here realizes that its more difficult that way. We won a game yesterday with two special teams touchdowns - I highly doubt teams are suddenly going to bank on that becoming a key to success. 

We know QB play and pass game success is strongly linked to winning. We want to excel at things that are strongly linked to winning, not attempt to be the exception.

Calgary did the same thing last week. 

8 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

You do know that the Eskimos won the Grey cup that year right? 

James Franklin came in and played far better than Matt Nichols until Reilly was healthy. Teams can win in spite of their QB and Nichols has been among the worst QBs in the league the last three games. 

Can you please point me to the season where Franklin played better than Nichols for the Eskimos?

I don't know what the problem is but man you have got to be able to make a first down when you're up by 2 points with under two minutes to go and you have the ball.  Serious deja vu this week when the offence wetfarted their chance to salt the game away.

I hope the O is buying Winston Rose all the booster juices he wants this week because they owe him. 

Late to the discussion but my 2 cents.

It's the team that's carrying Nichols, not Nichols carrying the team. I honestly believe the team could carry Streveler too if they had to.

Anyone who says that they know how Streveler can or can't play is out to lunch. He hasn't run the whole offence with the starters since game 3 last year.

Nichols 10 completions to receivers includes the jet sweeps because he throws the ball 2 feet forward. That brings it down to 8 completions to receivers. Most of Nichols throws are around 2 yards from the LOS either way.

Matthews didn't drop the ball, the DB made a great play.

The team isn't built to allow the special teams to win games for us. Sometimes they end up doing it, like last night.

10 hours ago, AKAChip said:

This team has a ton of talent everywhere except QB. No team in football history is built so that special teams win it for you. You can’t account for one special teams TD in a game let alone two. This team loses miserably without those two TDs, unless you suggest that Nichols marches the team for a TD on both occasions. 

I think the concept that this team is built so that ST wins the game for you is ridiculous but even if we accept that as true, there’s only one reason why a team with this much talent would want to rely on teams rather than offence to win the game for them. I’ll let you guess what that might be. 

Ohh, ohh, is it because of the QB? Am I right? What do I win? LOL!

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

It's the team that's carrying Nichols, not Nichols carrying the team. I honestly believe the team could carry Streveler too if they had to.

Anyone who says that they know how Streveler can or can't play is out to lunch. He hasn't run the whole offence with the starters since game 3 last year.

The irony is these two lines back-to-back. 

17 minutes ago, JCon said:

Can you please point me to the season where Franklin played better than Nichols for the Eskimos?

QB1: 84/133 for 973 yards (7.31 YPA) with 6 tds 1 int 63.2% and 97.1 QB rating 

QB2: 129/209 for 1448 yards (6.92 YPA) 8 tds 10 ints 61.2% and 75.6 QB rating. 

Qb 2 was also traded for a bag of footballs and replaced by QB1. 

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

QB1: 84/133 for 973 yards (7.31 YPA) with 6 tds 1 int 63.2% and 97.1 QB rating 

QB2: 129/209 for 1448 yards (6.92 YPA) 8 tds 10 ints 61.2% and 75.6 QB rating. 

Qb 2 was also traded for a bag of footballs and replaced by QB1. 

So, what you're saying is that they never played together, so Franklin never outplayed Nichols. Got it.