2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Why don't you focus on something from maybe the last 5 years or so, or is complaining about things that happened 8 years ago your thing?  Because if you checked, we've actually done pretty well in more modern history.

Or you could post something original instead of just chiming in with a ‘yeah spike you tell him’ post...

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 7:17 PM, Mr Dee said:

THE NEW B.C. WAY?

It started with ex-Eskimos general manager Ed Hervey outright refusing to shake hands with Kenny Stafford, post-game, during the pre-season. After Friday’s game, it was former Eskimos coverage linebacker Chris Edwards physically batting away the extended hand of quarterback Trevor Harris. Walking off the field shoulder to shoulder, TSN cameras showed Edwards appearing not to notice Harris’s gesture of sportsmanship. But there was no ignoring it when Harris made an effort to move slightly ahead of him, which caused an over-animated reaction from Edwards, who did his best impression of a defensive lineman’s rip move followed by some heated words until Eskimos defensive back Money Hunter stepped in to try and calm down his former teammate. It leaves us wondering if this is the new Lions Way of doing things?

Edmonton Sun

Hervey trying to be Roy Shivers 2.0.

38 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm sorry that I can't match your very high standards of all quality posts, all the time.  But hey, if my posting bothers you...

bXUzlAQ.gif?noredirect

It doesn’t bother me - I was merely pointing out a tendency which you responded to by demonstrating said pattern

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

I'm sorry that I can't match your very high standards of all quality posts, all the time.  But hey, if my posting bothers you...

bXUzlAQ.gif?noredirect

Up voting because it was a perfectly played gif.  My goal is to go a full day only using gifs to communicate at work on teams.  

4 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Why don't you focus on something from maybe the last 5 years or so, or is complaining about things that happened 8 years ago your thing?  Because if you checked, we've actually done pretty well in more modern history.

We’re literally just talking about the supplementary draft and not the entire franchise. 

In the words of Aaron Rodgers R-E-L-A-X. 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

obviously most teams didn't see much value in this guy for some reason but the desperate for depth bottom feeder Riders did...things you have to do I guess when you suck

They're getting an athlete with some pro experience. For a third round pick, 19th overall, they could do worse. Reach for the stars, Riders! 

Edited by JCon

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

obviously most teams didn't see much value in this guy for some reason but the desperate for depth bottom feeder Riders did...things you have to do I guess when you suck

I believe that it is called, "grasping at straws".