2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

22 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Couldn't have anything to do with a F.A. agreement that turns over 30% of each team's roster every year effectively destroying continuity and competence.  Can't blame TSN for that when the league and CFLPA are into self-mutilation.  

I can blame TSN for Rod Black & Duane Forde.

22 hours ago, Tracker said:

Loffler has had a lot of owies so far in his career and this is a serious one. I watched him in the last Als game and he didn't look all that effective. Even if he wants to take another shot at the CFL, teams would be understandably reluctant to sign him.

Another great Kavis Reed signing.  Overpaying for a player like Loffler.

On 2019-06-28 at 12:08 PM, wbbfan said:

I heard he was looking for an nfl shot, but didnt see any thing happen in the nfl or cfl. And wiki says he is retired. 

From two days ago:

Chris Ackie is waiting for the best fit.

Three weeks into the Canadian Football League schedule, the Cambridge native remains unsigned as Johnathon Hardaway, his Washington-based agent, explores opportunities on both sides of the border.

"I have offers on the table from every CFL team, I have a few NFL opportunities I'm waiting on (and) if they don't work out, I'll sign a CFL contract soon," the 27-year-old Ackie said in a text message.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

From two days ago:

Three weeks into the Canadian Football League schedule, the Cambridge native remains unsigned as Johnathon Hardaway, his Washington-based agent, explores opportunities on both sides of the border.

"I have offers on the table from every CFL team, I have a few NFL opportunities I'm waiting on (and) if they don't work out, I'll sign a CFL contract soon," the 27-year-old Ackie said in a text message.

It may be too much to hope Ackie will choose the Bpmbers but it would sure be nice if he did.

11 hours ago, Atomic said:

From two days ago:

Have trouble seeing him with offers from every team.

Probably NFL camp invites with no contact and holding out for the cash.

It'll be interesting to see

14 hours ago, Atomic said:

From two days ago:

Hardaway... enough said - hard pass on that side show

You said it. Hardaway. Great advice. Every opportunity and every game missed is a payday missed. The NFL isn’t banging down your door to get you? Strange.

3 weeks missed in the CFL as of now, and game shape doesn’t get any easier. But, if I was a football player, I’d want to be playing. There is only a limited time frame. One’s body doesn’t wait, it gets older on it’s own. It’s not represented by any agent...

35 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Very un-Hufferlike to be sorting through other teams' scraps. Its usually the other way around. Hmmmm......how have the mighty fallen.

He does this all the time and there’s no shame in it. Chris Casher, who is on the active roster there now was a Bomber PR guy. 

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎29 at 11:54 AM, Atomic said:

From two days ago:

Well, good for him. I guess the Grand CFL Tour is next.

David William Naylor (@TSNDaveNaylor) Tweeted:
The @TorontoArgos expected to address health status of QB @JFrankTank1 today, who suffered hamstring injury versus @sskroughriders. With a short week of practice, won’t be surprising if McLeod Bethel-Thompson takes first team reps and gets first start of season versus @BCLions

Franklin, my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Mcleod, you’re up!