2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

Stats are funny aren't they.  They can tell a story many different ways, just depends how we want to look at them. I am glad you are happy with Matt, its just another year running the sands of time out of Harris's career.  

I don’t mind reading your posts and watching you banter back and forth with everybody. However this is just absurd.

you can’t seriously believe what you’re writing 

1 minute ago, do or die said:

He gets one before me?   Deeply insulted.

Oh my..., I am sorry.  I never meant to diss you or any Bomber fan with the idea.  Absolutely you deserve a thread of your own..... but at the same time your posts don't mess up a read when you post them like rippers does.

3 hours ago, Bomberfan85 said:

Don't forget 300 yards passing! It's the most important stat of all. Also, thanks for mentioning the back-up QB thing. I didn't realize Streveler threw 2 more TD passes than Collaros last year. That's amazing. 

Also consider that if Strev. wasn't available and so proficient a large percentage of those TD passes would be added to Nichols stats. as they were typically achieved from the red-zone after Nichols put them in position to score.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 hours ago, Ripper said:

He is just along for the ride.  Hand off to Harris and don't do anything dumb Matt. Don't try to throw too many passes , we don't want any turnovers. 

Do you research anything before posting or do you just post first the sake of posting?

Nichols had the 4th most pass attempts in week one and the second best completion rating. 

Harris - 41

Reiley- 39

BLM -39

Nichols - 33

Sask QBs - 31

Masoli - 28

Als QBs - 27

It's been said numerous times. Lapo calls the plays for Nichols. He has a balanced attack of run and pass. If we didnt have a good run game he would call more passes. Has nothing to do with how many times Nichols throws the ball. 

If what Rider fans is saying comes true. In that Lapo is so mad at the Bombers for not allowing him to interview for the Riders and after this seasons bolts to the Riders (likely never to happen) then you will see first hand how the game plan is made up and called. 

Lawrence did a "crime" and he needs to pay the time. Plain and simple. The CFLPA shouldn't defend him for this. They should guide him in the right direction so he can improve himself and his play in the future and that is the help they need to give him not reducing his penalty for a "crime" he committed and deserves to pay for. The PA needs to think out of the box on what standing up for their members means. Supporting Lawrence in a program to better himself and his play on the field is standing up for their member so he can have a longer and more positive impact on the game. That is looking out for player safety at the same time. What the hell is reducing his penalty going to do to help the player other than in his wallet? How is getting his penalty reduced improving player safety? Get your head out of Simonies a$$ CFLPA. 

58 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Oi.... 

https://cflpa.com/cflpa-cfl-statement-6-20-19/

CFLPA not happy about Ambrosie's statement...... 

CFLPA upset they are called out for hypocrisy. 

Seriously it's all about optics at this point and in my mind, the CFL is winning. It's always the PA who complains about needing to do more about player safety, good on the league for turning it back around on them. 

The PA is upset that the CFL doesn't care about player safety when one member of the PA targets another member of the PA in the head and the PA is also upset that the CFL punished one member of the PA for targeting another member of the PA? 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

CFLPA upset they are called out for hypocrisy. 

Seriously it's all about optics at this point and in my mind, the CFL is winning. It's always the PA who complains about needing to do more about player safety, good on the league for turning it back around on them. 

This could be an indication of bad blood developing during the recent CBA negotiations, this is almost acquiring a political slant to it were everything the other side says and does is projected as bad.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Oi.... 

https://cflpa.com/cflpa-cfl-statement-6-20-19/

CFLPA not happy about Ambrosie's statement...... 

They make a good point here... assuming this is true...

"On multiple occasions, including our recent collective negotiations, we proposed the CFL adopt a system, currently used with success in the NFL, that would introduce fair and transparent protocols for players facing supplemental discipline. The process would be more equitable for players, streamline decisions and remove the subjective and inconsistent discipline in the hands of the Commissioner. This process would also provide a binding decision."

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

They make a good point here... assuming this is true...

"On multiple occasions, including our recent collective negotiations, we proposed the CFL adopt a system, currently used with success in the NFL, that would introduce fair and transparent protocols for players facing supplemental discipline. The process would be more equitable for players, streamline decisions and remove the subjective and inconsistent discipline in the hands of the Commissioner. This process would also provide a binding decision."

Yet, they fail to mention exactly what the process is and WHY it was declined by the league.........

Arash Madani is an idiot and his arguments absolutely suck. But it really does come down to the CBA and the responsibilities of the CFLPA. Is anyone surprised he filed for an appeal? That's just how it works.

As much as I like Ambrosie's passion for the league, he tends to treat it as his own personal plaything at times. That to me is a little concerning. His statement sounds childish.

I like the thought that the appeal process could add games, but it's all about precedent. So it's kind of a catch 22. Precedent can't be made if the process doesn't allow for it.

Guess both sides dropped the ball in the CBA talk. Id imagine nothing will change until the next CBA happens

15 hours ago, Mike#2 said:

Ala the bombers firing Doug Berry, hiring Mike Kelly who I turn fired Kevin’s glen and then signed Lefors before realizing he ****** up and then forced him to renegotiate a lower contract before signing Mike Bishop ( I loved that guy even if the rest of the team sucked) 

Wasn't Lefors hurt almost immediately that season... nevermind having a Mike Kelly offense that was designed for a football game that existed 10 years prior.

If you read what the CFLPA's issue is, it is all about precedent.  Yes, this hit is horrible, and has no place in the game, Lawrence should be punished.  The CFLPA is appealing to not only protect one of its own members but the consequences a decision like this could have on future discipline when it isn't so clear.   The end of this is a head shot = 2 games.

The issue here is the unilateral power of the commissioner.

Punishment and suspensions should be decided by a panel of representatives of the league and CFLPA.  You may still get players appealing, but you at least don't have to worry about the power of one individual.

16 minutes ago, BomberfanMKS said:

Wasn't Lefors hurt almost immediately that season... nevermind having a Mike Kelly offense that was designed for a football game that existed 10 years prior.

I thought Lefors was healthy for the first 4 games but the offense was absolutely terrible. I don't blame him as I do remember the play calling and confusion was a huge reason for the ball not being moved.      He ended up getting hurt and they hauled in Bishop.

What I did not know was that he had worked out Casey Printers in the off season... I never knew that we had interest in Printers.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/football/bombers-look-for-new-options/article1200491/