Holy Smokes... Step back from the edge...

On 2018-08-26 at 8:22 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

They have a beautiful new stadium. We have a beautiful new stadium. They have passionate fans. We have passionate fans. They care deeply about their team. We care deeply about our team. Know what the difference is? When they go to bed at night in Regina.  When they wake up they're still in Regina.

Obligatory toilet bowl reference. Sorry, too lazy to get a photo... use your imagination.

On 2018-08-27 at 3:14 PM, Booch said:

...but I don't see the Riders as being a threat to overtake us...

They have overtaken us by the fact that they have a game at hand. Saskatchewan’s offence is struggling too. They do have a very solid defence. We also lack in the back-up game. Considering that we don’t have a great receiving Corp to start we better hope that our O doesn’t take too many injuries.

Just saying....

2 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

They have overtaken us by the fact that they have a game at hand. Saskatchewan’s offence is struggling too. They do have a very solid defence. We also lack in the back-up game. Considering that we don’t have a great receiving Corp to start we better hope that our O doesn’t take too many injuries.

Just saying....

This is what is concerning me about the upcoming game- Riders have an anemic offence but a good defence and the past couple of game have shown that we have neither at the moment.

16 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This is what is concerning me about the upcoming game- Riders have an anemic offence but a good defence and the past couple of game have shown that we have neither at the moment.

That and the Bombers haven’t beaten a team that is better than .500.

11 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Honestly, stop pumping the defenses tires. They didn't keep us in the game by playing great. BLM missed wide open receivers and the Stamps had some drops in the first half. They fixed that in the second half.

I can't believe more people aren't recognizing this. For anyone with the game still on PVR (or if anyone knows where to find the game online, link me and I'll point it out) go to about 6min left in the 1st quarter. BLM passes over the middle to a wide open rec. So wide open that there was literally no one else on the screen but the rec for a huge gain into the red zone. On the next play Calg runs the ball, picks up a few yards. On second down BLM throws one into the ground to another wide open rec. Rod Black says something inane like the D steps up for Wpg but in reality they did nothing and it had nothing to do with being gassed.

Had BLM been sharp in the first half the game would have been out of reach long before the 4th. But...I guess some people only see what they want to see.

Edited by Deiter Fan

Winnipeg led 15-12 when Mitchell hit Kamar Jorden for a 52-yard gain and immediately followed that up with a 25-yard TD strike to Marken Michel for the Stamps first lead of the game with three minutes left in the third quarter.

The other came in the fourth quarter on the very next play after a Medlock field goal had pulled the Bombers to within a TD at 25-18, as Mitchell hit Jorden for a 68-yard score that gave the Stamps a 32-18 advantage.

I think I'm going to go ahead and blame the defence for the above plays.  😱

Edited by Mark F

8 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

I can't believe more people aren't recognizing this. For anyone with the game still on PVR (or if anyone knows where to find the game online, link me and I'll point it out) go to about 6min left in the 1st quarter. BLM passes over the middle to a wide open rec. So wide open that there was literally no one else on the screen but the rec for a huge gain into the red zone. On the next play Calg runs the ball, picks up a few yards. On second down BLM throws one into the ground to another wide open rec. Rod Black says something inane like the D steps up for Wpg but in reality they did nothing and it had nothing to do with being gassed.

Had BLM been sharp in the first half the game would have been out of reach long before the 4th. But...I guess some people only see what they want to see.

Sometimes though a QB is missing guys for a reason...due to the defense..pressure forcing him to throw early...coverage disguise where he thinks the defender is going to do..or be somewhere and he tries to through receiver open and both aren't on same page...many things

To simply say a QB missed his throws and we were lucky for it...or it could have been worse if...is plain dumb...it goes both ways...you can say the same with a db missing a jump ball 50/50 chance...or a lineman getting held up just a bit to miss a sack....saying oh man..Joe Dude would have had 3 sacks in the first half and snuffed out 3 scoring drives if he didn't miss those easy sacks...or Willy Defender could have had a pick six there if he didn't lolly gag and play sub par for the first half

BLM hasn't looked elite now for the better part of the last half of last season and this one..other than in minor spurts here and there

This is also true of our QB when he misses open receivers and guys drop balls. It’s a football game when anything can happen because of pressure or bumps, or a case of dropsies..or penalties. (Like the Ottawa game)

C’mon. It’s a game. The would haves and could haves are not part of it. There would be way too many. 

Very few games are played cleanly. The results are an indication of many things. Execution being a major one. 

And it works, or not, for both teams.

12 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

And the way you see things: 'the fact the he wasn't sharp could not possibly have had anything to do with the Bombers' pressure.' unquote 

I don't see how people can say we the D wasn't generating pressure.  Calgary's second half adjustment was adding more blockers at the line of scrimmage.

5 hours ago, Mark H. said:

And the way you see things: 'the fact the he wasn't sharp could not possibly have had anything to do with the Bombers' pressure.' unquote 

I don't see how people can say we the D wasn't generating pressure.  Calgary's second half adjustment was adding more blockers at the line of scrimmage.

What was ours? We had no adjustments. Our D got scorched & exposed when Mitchell started hitting his receivers. Our O was as powerful as an air rifle shooting blanks. 

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What was ours? We had no adjustments. Our D got scorched & exposed when Mitchell started hitting his receivers. Our O was as powerful as an air rifle shooting blanks. 

To be fair ..our offense *really* stopped being effective midway through the second .. the Stamps didn't wait til half time. 😉

6 hours ago, Booch said:

To simply say a QB missed his throws and we were lucky for it...or it could have been worse if...is plain dumb...

So in one breath I'm dumb for suggesting BLM was off and that it wasn't the D causing the issues....on this play specifically.

6 hours ago, Booch said:

BLM hasn't looked elite now for the better part of the last half of last season and this one..other than in minor spurts here and there

In the next breath you admit BLM has not been very good. 

Suggesting the schemes on D are leaving receivers open all over the field is objectively true. We can deny it if it makes us feel better but it doesn't make it any less true.