Holy Smokes... Step back from the edge...

36 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What was ours? We had no adjustments. Our D got scorched & exposed when Mitchell started hitting his receivers. Our O was as powerful as an air rifle shooting blanks. 

He started hitting his receivers because they added extra protection.  The Bombers' adjustment needed to be made in coverage.

All I'm saying is - to say that they were not getting pressure is false - that's the primary reason the Stamps only had 12 points at the half.

14 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

He started hitting his receivers because they added extra protection.  The Bombers' adjustment needed to be made in coverage.

All I'm saying is - to say that they were not getting pressure is false - that's the primary reason the Stamps only had 12 points at the half.

But my point is that the Bomber secondary was no match for the Stamps receivers. The Riders blanketed them the game previously allowing the defense line to get to Mitchell as he had no one to throw to.  I just knew against our defense that it was just a matter of time that the Stamps would eventually find a way & I think a lot of us felt the same way. That's why the Stamps win so many games.  Not only do they have great players but coaches that can make adjustments. We can't blitz effectively in any game as we get torched in the secondary all the time.  If we don't blitz our secondary can't cover & we still give up big yards downfield. Our defense isn't that good especially on the back end.  The unit does have talent & yet Hall hasn't found a way to harness it the way another DC might. Hall has to go. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But my point is that the Bomber secondary was no match for the Stamps receivers. The Riders blanketed them the game previously allowing the defense to get to Mitchell as he had no one to throw to. I knew against our defense, the Stamps would eventually find a way & I think a lot of us thought the same way. That's why they win so many games.  We can't blitz effectively in any games as we get torched in the secondary all the time.  If we don't blitz our secondary can't cover. Our defense isn't that good especially on the back end.  Our defense does have talent & yet Hall hasn't found a way to harness it the way another DC might. Hall has to go. 

I agree, except for the blitz.  When you look at the adjustments the Stamps made, a blitz would be absolutely the wrong defensive call to make.  

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

People blame the secondary but the front seven has to finish it’s great to get pressure but you have to take down the QB a few times. Sacks are the biggest killer of offensive moment.

Can think of one example where Bighill got into the backfield in a hell of a hurry but Mitchell didn't go down, rolled out of the pocket and fired a pass downfield for a big gain. 

I think though that part of the problem with the D is that the blitzing we do is pretty predictable and teams know where to go to beat it when they see it. 

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

People blame the secondary but the front seven has to finish it’s great to get pressure but you have to take down the QB a few times. Sacks are the biggest killer of offensive moment.

Is this not on Richie Hall though...?  How many variations of personnel do we go through before we accept that his blitz packages are predictable...  I'm seeing more pressure from 2 and 3 man packages by Jones than Hall loading the box

8 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It’s on the players to finish the play not Richie the we’re getting pressure but coul not sack Bo.

Agreed to some extent... but this is year four of Richie Hall and we're encountering the same problems with essentially a complete personnel turnover on the DL

Thomas was cut and brought back... he's the last man standing

Turner, Peach, Westerman, Cummings, Collins, Hubbard who else...?

Every year the DL starts strong and then fades...  now the latest guy blamed is Poop Johnson - but I just saw Bryant start strong and then get swallowed in the second half

6 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Can think of one example where Bighill got into the backfield in a hell of a hurry but Mitchell didn't go down, rolled out of the pocket and fired a pass downfield for a big gain. 

I think though that part of the problem with the D is that the blitzing we do is pretty predictable and teams know where to go to beat it when they see it. 

Bombers are 3rd in the CFL with 22 sacks. SK & Edm are tied for first with 23 each. I think expecting the DL to generate more sacks is unrealistic.

In Terms of giving up sacks, The best teams are Riders 12, Stamps 15, & Bombers 15. 

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

I agree, except for the blitz.  When you look at the adjustments the Stamps made, a blitz would be absolutely the wrong defensive call to make.  

And O'Shea told Hall to stop. Makes you wonder why such a veteran DC had to be told by his HC to stop blitzing. We couldn't he see that? Reason #68 to can the guy at seasons end,

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

And O'Shea told Hall to stop. Makes you wonder why such a veteran DC had to be told by his HC to stop blitzing. We couldn't he see that? Reason #68 to can the guy at seasons end,

I thought Osh said they needed more pressure...?

12 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Bombers are 3rd in the CFL with 22 sacks. SK & Edm are tied for first with 23 each. I think expecting the DL to generate more sacks is unrealistic.

In Terms of giving up sacks, The best teams are Riders 12, Stamps 15, & Bombers 15. 

Oh I know they can generate pressure, I'm saying that they get beat a lot when they try and blitz because it's predictable. It can be both you know. 

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Interesting that Bighill and JSK are the league leading in LB 'QB Pressures'...

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I wonder if there is a league stat about when a QB pressure actually disrupted a play where the down was lost.

Great point. Kind of a bogus statistic if you're playing a great QB who finds a target, then gets bumped as the receiver runs down field (hello Kamar Jorden).