Next Game vs Hamilton - Revenge Is In Order

Well, I gotta think our guys are hungry and ready to put the Tabbies back in their place as inferior to us.  Nonetheless overconfidence must be guarded against.

I like what our offense was doing the last game scheming to get Demski open.  Kenbrell Thompkins must also be promoted full-time to the starting roster for his hard work.  He's done what we had hoped Bowman would do.  TiCats facing Nichols this time who is ready to light them up.

On defense, Richie Hall must not call that stupid prevent defense again after how Masoli kept exploiting it with dump offs.  Mix up 1-man blitzes a little more and use spy coverage as well.

I think he's too stubborn to learn personally, but that's just me.

Having said that I think with Nichols back this game and the way our offense has been on a tear at home and those turnovers to boot, we might be able to set the momentum if we hit em with a big early lead which should be enough to cover up Hall's bad play calls.

3 hours ago, Mark F said:

my consensus is that  some changes have been made that possibly did not come from Hall.

As people observed, no more Bighill "hurling" himself into the O line uselessly for one. Which they were having him do at the start of the season.

Well, at some point O'Shea certainly had to realize that was a waste of his talents and put a stop to it.  This is probably what he meant by saying he would be more involved in the defense.  Not that he would take it over but that he would start changing roles when necessary.

Now ... Tough to say where our defense is coming off the Toronto series because Franklin got demoted this last week.  The way I see it, we should be able to pound Masoli into submission if Ottawa's Noel Thorpe defense can do it.  But as I said, that means no more of that silly 15-yard cushion nonsense.  They also got Alex Green back and Chris Williams added to the mix so could get interesting.

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Yup, never seen a team send out only 3-4 receivers....and have pretty well all of them, wide open.

......the entire game. Which for me is the worst part. No half-time adjustments whatsoever. Really makes you wonder if its lack of vision/self-awareness, stubbornness, or flat out ineptitude.

21 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Our defense no doubt has been very good over the past four games, this will be a true test in how good it is as Hamilton is a much better team than those we've beaten.

Are they though? They did lose back to back to the Riders and their record is nothing to really brag about. 

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Are they though? They did lose back to back to the Riders and their record is nothing to really brag about. 

Not to worry.  The narrative will change when we beat them.  Then it will be: "Sure we beat the Ti-Cats, but they aren't very good.  Wait till next game.  That will be the real test."  And on it goes.