Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

I almost yelled at the radio (it really wasn't the radio's fault) when I heard that while driving. Either this forum to a man (sorry iHeart) is seriously deluded or senility has struck the Bombers coaching staff. I don't know whether to feel angry, sad or resigned.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I almost yelled at the radio (it really wasn't the radio's fault) when I heard that while driving. Either this forum to a man (sorry iHeart) is seriously deluded or senility has struck the Bombers coaching staff. I don't know whether to feel angry, sad or resigned.

I feel like there was a strong case for 'seriously deluded' even prior to this past loss...

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

This current gang of coaches believe you go to the wall with inferior players like Lankford until it hurts.... *see Roc Carmichael of 17...Hurts us on the field,standings and hurts the club in the locker room...You can't tell me that players aren't noticing the fact we have better on the roster and yet continue to beat a dead horse.... I don't know if they'll play Lankford again against the stamps BUT if it is the case, higher ups like Miller must be wondering what the hell is going on here

The Riders just beat Calgary with Sam Hurl playing on the team.....  I like to blame Lankford but he really was a tiny reason for the games we lost this season.   

Richie Hall has much more of a responsibility then Lankford losing us games this year....

The real reason we lost was we had Ottawa second and long ALL night and Harris found the sweet spot in our zone every single time. I’ve never seen a team complete so many second and longs. This is 100 percent entirely scheme and even with the best MLB in the league and loads of talent on the defensive side we will struggle defensively all season unless there’s a change at the DC position. 

4 hours ago, Booch said:

What rookie receivers are you referring too? 

A line-up with Adams..Wolitarsky, Tompkins, Demski and Washington rather than Lankford is hardy conceding the season...nor does it fit your above comment.

In my opinion that is our best line-up we could field this year with whats on the roster...why they havn't given this set-up a chance blows my mind

What's your take on Petermann?

13 hours ago, J5V said:

What's your take on Petermann?

Hard to tell..as he hasn't had a lot of touches...but from watching in pre-season and practices...he seems very reliable...quick...gets the gritty yards and makes people miss....that being said he is a rookie so don't kow where he is at in the playbook..etc....but I like what I have seen

10 hours ago, Booch said:

Hard to tell..as he hasn't had a lot of touches...but from watching in pre-season and practices...he seems very reliable...quick...gets the gritty yards and makes people miss....that being said he is a rookie so don't kow where he is at in the playbook..etc....but I like what I have seen

He can only get better by playing & not sitting. Making mistakes is how he'll learn & develop. 

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He can only get better by playing & not sitting. Making mistakes is how he'll learn & develop. 

Same with Streveller. Two guys I'd love to see get some game action that I have no confidence will see the field.

13 minutes ago, J5V said:

Same with Streveller. Two guys I'd love to see get some game action that I have no confidence will see the field.

I agree that Streveler should get more playing time but not as a starter. MOS shouldn't be saying his time is capped because he got more playing time than he would have got had Nichols not been hurt. That comment by O' Shea is beyond stupid.  It does give you an idea of his strange mindset.

23 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I agree that Streveler should get more playing time but not as a starter. MOS shouldn't be saying his time is capped because he got more playing time than he would have got had Nichols not been hurt. That comment by O' Shea is beyond stupid.  It does give you an idea of his strange mindset.

Agreed and here's my strange mindset ... after the egg Nichols laid last game followed by the whining  I'd start Streveler against Calgary and call it a "hunch". If he sucked I could always revert to Nichols, but it would definitely send Nichols a message and if he kept whining he wouldn't get any more starts. I'd continue to play whichever one was producing on the field, loyalty be damned. It would force Nichols to STFU and play better and/or it would give Streveler the development time he needs. A win-win situation AFAIC.

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

its hard to tell which guys can get more from practicing then others. but without a doubt, you quickly reach a diminishing point where you need to play to improve. I can see simonise being a guy who benefits from a slower route to regular action. But I think petermann is pretty ready. I mean he would have been an instant starter for us for at least the previous 10 years. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Id love to see a return to the hurry up with streveler for a play or two after a short yardage sneak. Or as a package if the offense is stagnant. 

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Agreed and here's my strange mindset ... after the egg Nichols laid last game followed by the whining  I'd start Streveler against Calgary and call it a "hunch". If he sucked I could always revert to Nichols, but it would definitely send Nichols a message and if he kept whining he wouldn't get any more starts. I'd continue to play whichever one was producing on the field, loyalty be damned. It would force Nichols to STFU and play better and/or it would give Streveler the development time he needs. A win-win situation AFAIC.

I don't find that a strange mindset.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd start Streveler against Calgary not to teach Nichols a lesson but to make sure he's 100% healthy...

Will Nichols ever be 100 percent healthy tho? I mean hes pretty injury prone. Hes playing scared tho.. Afraid to get hit. Sitting him for a week wont change that. Its a mental thing. 

14 hours ago, J5V said:

This is literally the dumbest suggestion. Its a good thing that fans don't manage a team.

Backup QB's are always a fan favorite. You do realize wins started to happen when Nichols came back right?

You also do realize our defense is crapping the bed?

On 2018-08-23 at 11:55 AM, TheBandit said:

This is literally the dumbest suggestion. Its a good thing that fans don't manage a team.

Backup QB's are always a fan favorite. You do realize wins started to happen when Nichols came back right?

You also do realize our defense is crapping the bed?

In my fantasy world as the head coach it makes sense. Everyone else gets to voice their opinion. I'm just voicing mine.

Yes I do realize wins started to happen when Nichols came back. But he hasn't been playing well of late and worse, he's started whining. I happen to believe in actually playing the players that are performing best and that might be Streveler. At this point I'd at least give him a game or two. If he craps the bed switch back to Nichols. 

Yes, I also do realize our defense is crapping the bed. However, I don't see O'Shea changing the DC at this time. The next best scenario is for the offence to stop with the 2-and-outs and hopefully the D won't be so gassed from being on the field all the time.