Training Camp 2018

Regardless of who is in at quarterback, I am still going to cheer my face off July 7th when I'm in town for a visit.

Give streveler a ton of reps on Friday, work the trade lines hard if neccessary and see what kind of rehab MN needs if he's out more than 2 weeks. 

We have a tough D, better than in years, we can build with a solid backup who has potential. Just will need the rest of the team to rally around and everyone pull their weight. 

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah but when Willy went down we had crap behind him...and a lot of crap around him.

Makes no sense to trade or give up assets for a QB that really is only a prospect much like what we have...but I feel has less upside than our 3 currently...we have pieces and system here to be successful if you are smart.

Only trade I would make is if we could pry Lulay out of B.C..if it didn't cost too much

That is really what it comes down to, there is no one out there that's available that's really worth paying for. Guy we'd want I don't think are available, guys that are available you don't want. 

We have a strong OL, we have good receivers, good running backs, let's see what the rookie qbs can do, this is probably the best team to work one into that we've seen here in for ever. 

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah but when Willy went down we had crap behind him...and a lot of crap around him.

Makes no sense to trade or give up assets for a QB that really is only a prospect much like what we have...but I feel has less upside than our 3 currently...we have pieces and system here to be successful if you are smart.

Only trade I would make is if we could pry Lulay out of B.C..if it didn't cost too much

That is really what it comes down to, there is no one out there that's available that's really worth paying for. Guy we'd want I don't think are available, guys that are available you don't want. 

We have a strong OL, we have good receivers, good running backs, let's see what the rookie qbs can do, this is probably the best team to work one into that we've seen here in for ever. 

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Im leaning that way.  There should have been a loud popping noise had he torn his ACL and they would know right away.  But just because they say they are still evaluating doesn't mean they are suspecting a tear.

There was no popping noise when I tore my ACL. 

I don't think I'd want Lulay. Still plays like he's indestructable, which he definitely is not. Also, doesn't he chuck it up there a lot? That's what I saw last season when he went in for Jennings.

IF Matt is hurt, Go with who we have.  Worked for the Eagles. 

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

No way its ACL.. He wouldn't have put any pressure on it walking off at all... Think its what happened last year.. Just a tweak sprain or twist of some kind. 

Not necessarily true. When Jordy Nelson tore his ACL in the pre-season against the Steelers two years ago he jogged off the field without assistance. I'm not saying it is or isn't an ACL - Just that you can't reasonably conclude one way or another based on how a player leaves the field.

Just now, Mark F said:

I don't think I'd want Lulay. Still plays like he's indestructable, which he definitely is not. Also, doesn't he chuck it up there a lot? That's what I saw last season when he went in for Jennings.

IF Matt is hurt, Go with who we have.  Worked for the Eagles. 

Lulay is a month away still. No way is he going anywhere.  And he doesn't "chuck it up there a lot". 

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

isnt this a similar way Matt Dunigan was injured, back-peddling, no contact?  It was a blown Achilles, wasnt it?  Cant remember if he was stretchered off...

Matt was regarded by many to be a "glass quarterback" but I don't ever remember him getting injured without contact. A couple years ago Durant popped his achillies while getting set to throw right at the start of the season.