Training Camp 2018

16 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Why not trade if they have no plans on him. Cutting him outright is poor management. 

I dont doubt some team would give up some thing for him. Though not much. More then any one else he needs a monster performance in bc. Id like to see him start and give him a full quarter. Give him every chance to shine and do some thing.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Yeah, as much as I'd hate to have a "wasted" first rounder, I'd rather not lose Peterman etc as JBR stated. Heck the injury scare with Demski today illustrates a point I was trying to make with friends that we need 4 NI WRs on the AR.

Ir and 2 man in active list we dont have to activate 4 ni wrs. But petermann and demski can play teams right away. Simonise has had some return experience. I cant see using a DI on a return man and carrying 4 ni wrs though. I also dont see all 4 staying healthy all year. Simonise hasnt played a lot of football in the last few years. Demski hasnt been able to stay healthy. Just the jump from cis schedule to cfl with tc and pre season is gonna be hard for ptermann, especially playing teams and wr. No doubt we have to keep all 4 protected. 

6 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why send Peterman back to school when you need to have depth for the season? 

Im just saying we will not “lose” him (IF he dont make the team) as Walters can neg list just like what he did in previous years picks that got sent vack to school. 

But I believe Petermann will make the team this year.

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Yeah, as much as I'd hate to have a "wasted" first rounder, I'd rather not lose Peterman etc as JBR stated. Heck the injury scare with Demski today illustrates a point I was trying to make with friends that we need 4 NI WRs on the AR.

to get game reps...and actually play...

We could conceivably have Demski and Simonese or Woli starting with the other as a back-up as well as possibly Augustint/Lafrance/Pierre all on roster as Canadian depth..If push came to shove you could always push Harris out to a receiever role if one of starters get hrt and have Augustine or Lafrance in backfield as an in game adjustment.

Also I really liked what i seen of Pierre...has nice hands..strong and fast and would play a similar role as what Watson did...and Pierre too would excell on ST's

A few extra Augustine highlights on the CJOB site.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4255302/winnipeg-blue-bombers-augustine-not-fazed-by-clubs-depth-at-running-back/

Good Blue Bomber podcast from Doug Brown, towards the end of the show he discusses the missing depth chart issue and explains some of the potential reasoning for not providing one, which might be related to the rash of retirements we've seen this year.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-winnipeg-blue-bombers-podcast/blue-bomber-podcast-with-doug-brown-06-05-2018?in_playlist=the-winnipeg-blue-bombers-podcast!podcast

I have said all along I have liked this signing...He is a complete back and can do all 3 major things required...and he runs hard...not sure what's not to like about him.

To be honest having him as a depth guy/ST player who can come in and contribute on offence makes more sense than a John Rush really

34 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

A few extra Augustine highlights

he is not easily brought down. 

good show with Doug but 

Why do  Wpg sports shows tend to have generic no name heavy distorted guitar music as their bumper music? 

At least use something good if they want a heavy sound. Johnny Winter or something.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

His running style is very similar to Andrew Harris, he must have spent time studying his tapes.

yeah reminded me of Andrew as well.

what a win for the bombers if he keeps it up.

Probably privately carrying a  large chip on shoulder that'll help him keep motivated.

Edited by Mark F

When he bounced off that LB who hit the line running downhill, that really impressed me. I don't know who the LB was, but he smacked him hard enough to knock most RB over for sure. I couldn't believe he stayed on his feet.

I'm surprised he's here to be honest. Seems like a guy who could contribute on some team. Glad he made the right choice to sign here though!!

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

he is not easily brought down. 

good show with Doug but 

Why do  Wpg sports shows tend to have generic no name heavy distorted guitar music as their bumper music? 

At least use something good if they want a heavy sound. Johnny Winter or something.

Music licensing for Podcasts is onerous. Big time podcasts like ESPN Lebatard and Kornheiser either cut all music or run donated music. If you hear famous musician on a podcast it is a rarity or you be consorting with pirates.

24 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

When he bounced off that LB who hit the line running downhill, that really impressed me. I don't know who the LB was, but he smacked him hard enough to knock most RB over for sure. I couldn't believe he stayed on his feet.

I'm surprised he's here to be honest. Seems like a guy who could contribute on some team. Glad he made the right choice to sign here though!!

I too was pretty happy to see his highlights. He does look like a Harris fill in or eventual replacement. Can he catch?

20 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I too was pretty happy to see his highlights. He does look like a Harris fill in or eventual replacement. Can he catch?

Apparently so, I haven't read any negative reports on his pass-catching and he looked like a viable receiver at the 2017 Combine when he participated in those drills.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne