Training Camp 2018

57 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Bridge is closer to being released and looking for a team than bringing any kind of haul in a trade. 

No joke. I would not give up either chung or goosen for every qb on the riders roster + every qbs neg list rights they might have. Whats the point in trading for a qb only to blow a hole in the OL? Young good starting NI OL is the highest commodity in the league. 

I like bridge. I would give up a second rounder next year, maaaybeee a first rounder with incentives. 

If I was gonna target a QB and spend a lot on getting them (basically if nichols was out for the year) I would go to toronto and get franklin. Or edm and get glenn. If I was gonna open up the veins Id go after manziel. 

I would not give up loffler, goosen, chung, or harris. If reily was under 30 with out a bunch of mileage on him, and if blm was the same and not a dbag then id consider giving up one of those guys. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

No joke. I would not give up either chung or goosen for every qb on the riders roster + every qbs neg list rights they might have. Whats the point in trading for a qb only to blow a hole in the OL? Young good starting NI OL is the highest commodity in the league. 

I like bridge. I would give up a second rounder next year, maaaybeee a first rounder with incentives. 

If I was gonna target a QB and spend a lot on getting them (basically if nichols was out for the year) I would go to toronto and get franklin. Or edm and get glenn. If I was gonna open up the veins Id go after manziel. 

I would not give up loffler, goosen, chung, or harris. If reily was under 30 with out a bunch of mileage on him, and if blm was the same and not a dbag then id consider giving up one of those guys. 

That is the real truth. A proven starting QB is the only thing that would trump a starting Canadian oline man. Bridge is not a proven starting QB at all. When you are giving up a commodity that at best is "potentially a good qb", you're not going to give up a proven starting Canadian olineman. That's why usually the return for a qb like bridge is a high draft pick

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

At @Wpg_BlueBombers practice, QB @MattNichols16 fell straight back and seemed to favour his knee. Had to be helped off the field by two trainers. Walking steadily with help. #CFL #bombers

It's okay we got a vet as a backup.

Vet-TV.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I’d rather see the Bombers sign Drew Tate out of retirement than trade away any assets for someone else’s back up. There isn’t a back up on any of the other teams that is far and away better than anything the club already has. Why give away a pick or player for a qb that may end up being the third stringer here. The rest of the Offence needs to step up.

Rider fans thinking they're getting a haul for Bridge, LOL, I would pay less than we paid for Nichols, which I believe was a condition 7th round pick..... so future considerations? Let's face it, Bridge ain't the guy to lead a team. If we are going to go full ***** on a trade at least shoot for someone like Glenn, at least he's shown he can win as a starter at least a little bit in this league. 

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I’d rather see the Bombers sign Drew Tate out of retirement than trade away any assets for someone else’s back up. There isn’t a back up on any of the other teams that is far and away better than anything the club already has. Why give away a pick or player for a qb that may end up being the third stringer here. The rest of the Offence needs to step up.

No to Tate. He has shown the tools to be successful, but he has become afflicted with a severe case of quititis. No cure for that.

People on here have lost their minds if they think another team is going to give away their backup QB (regardless of what is offered) so that they can help the Bombers and at the same time put their own team at risk if a QB gets injured.

Esks have Glenn in case Reilly gets injured. Riders have Bridge in case Collarus doesn't work out etc. I sound like Captain Obvious, but apparently it is necessary to state the obvious.

9 minutes ago, tracker said:

No to Tate. He has shown the tools to be successful, but he has become afflicted with a severe case of quititis. No cure for that.

I hear you. The point is pick up someone that is not going to cost you anything. If Nichols is out for 6-8 weeks, save some salary and show your club you have faith in them. This is the best time if there is for this to happen. Stay the course 

Edited by Dirty30

2 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I hear you. The point is pick up someone that is not going to cost you anything. If Nichols is out for 6-8 weeks, save some salary and show your club you have faith in them. This is the best time if there is for this to happen. Stay the course 

Yup it's not how you start the season, it's how you are playing near the end of it.

9 minutes ago, DanoT said:

People on here have lost their minds if they think another team is going to give away their backup QB (regardless of what is offered) so that they can help the Bombers and at the same time put their own team at risk if a QB gets injured.

Esks have Glenn in case Reilly gets injured. Riders have Bridge in case Collarus doesn't work out etc. I sound like Captain Obvious, but apparently it is necessary to state the obvious.

this wasnt put forth on here it came from rider fans on twitter...

In the cfl trades are rare. They happen when they do. Remember when KG was first traded to wpg? When is the last time a league average back up qb was traded for two first round picks and two young starting canadian all stars?

15 minutes ago, DanoT said:

Backup qbs get traded all the time. Remember when Nichols was the insurance in case Reilly got hurt? We got him for a 7th round draft pick or something. 

So yeah trades can happen, and they don't cost the ridiculous amount Rider fans think they do either. There was some truth in on of those tweets though, everyone has a price and with 2 first round picks next year the Bombers do have what it takes to over pay for a backup qb, but it has to be the right backup qb. The Riders can keep Bridge. I don't see the ability in him to run the offense we do. All we need is a guy who can manage a game and avoid mistakes. Bridge is a chucker who runs around and heaves up a prayer. Any qb can do that. 

18 minutes ago, DanoT said:

Yeah, and I’ll back you up on that..in case you get injured..😀