Training Camp 2018

26 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It might take Ekakitie plus Wolitarsky or Petermann to pry Adams loose but I'd rather give up hit or miss draft picks.

I wouldn't trade anything for a guy who's proven to not be good enough.  At least not now.  We should thorougly test Steveler, Ross, and Bennett first.

I wouldn't trade anything for anyone period...there's nobody out there with any upside greater than what we have in house....and really so what about no cfl game experience....I guess you will get it on the fly and rely on your coaches and talent around you and don't try and be a hero....season is far from lost if Nichols is down for significant time...or all year.

We are strong everywhere else this year it appears, and we just need our QB to manage the game...worst case I see it...we battle for the crossover....

Also if a tear...and depending on the severity...you could still conceivably play with a brace..been done too many times to mention...

Edited by Booch

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't trade anything for anyone period...there's nobody out there with any upside greater than what we have in house....and really so what about no cfl game experience....I guess you will get it on the fly and rely on your coaches and talent around you and don't try and be a hero....season is far from lost if Nichols is down for significant time...or all year.

We are strong everywhere else this year it appears, and we just need our QB to manage the game...worst case I see it...we battle for the crossover....

Also if a tear...and depending on the severity...you could still conceivably play with a brace..been done too many times to mention...

I envy your optimism and sure as hell hope that Streveler (or Ross or whoever takes snaps) succeeds but we aren't that far removed from going through this when Willy went down before Nichols showed up and the results were awful. Overall our team is way better than it was a few years ago but I'm holding out hope that Nichols isn't out long term as this is a QB driven league.

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

I agree with you.. Considering he was half to walk somewhat I don't think its a season-ending injury. It will be a good opportunity for the team to instill a dominant defense that wins games mentality early on in the season.