Training Camp 2018

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'd give Streveler a shot. Adams? No Thanks. However, if you could get Franklin id consider it. 

We do have 2 first round picks next year.  If Nichols was out for the year I would look trading the farm to get somebody like Franklin or Masoli.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Not exactly comparable. And Nichols has suffered a knee injury in the past (right ACL in 2013).

Maybe he was just pissed cuz he hurt himself tho.. Like self inflicted. Didnt this happen last year also and a week later he played? 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

We do have 2 first round picks next year.  If Nichols was out for the year I would look trading the farm to get somebody like Franklin or Masoli.

I’m sure Masoli won’t cost the farm. The Ticats would love to have an excuse to go with Manziel while collecting assets. 

Plus, they’d still have a component back up in Adams. With that being said, I would probably prefer Adams to Masoli.

Hoping for the best.  If its not, I think we go with what we have and at least see if we can do it.  Especially if Matt isnt out long term.  If he's done for the season, well you need to bring someone in regardless.  If its a few weeks, see what we have.

Maybe instead of beating team 40-20, we can beat them 20-10.

8 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I’m sure Masoli won’t cost the farm. The Ticats would love to have an excuse to go with Manziel while collecting assets. 

Plus, they’d still have a component back up in Adams. With that being said, I would probably prefer Adams to Masoli.

I wouldn't Masoli showed he can actually play in this league whereas Adams hasn't really shown anything yet. He's sub Brandon Bridge level in terms of reading defenses. 

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I dunno. This seems at least somewhat serious:

Getting helped to the locker room isn't a reassuring sign.

Im gonna go ahead and say... The positive sign is it looks like hes putting some weight on it.. No stretcher needed and hes not being carried off. 

Edited by Goalie

5 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I envy your optimism and sure as hell hope that Streveler (or Ross or whoever takes snaps) succeeds but we aren't that far removed from going through this when Willy went down before Nichols showed up and the results were awful. Overall our team is way better than it was a few years ago but I'm holding out hope that Nichols isn't out long term as this is a QB driven league.

Yeah but when Willy went down we had crap behind him...and a lot of crap around him.

Makes no sense to trade or give up assets for a QB that really is only a prospect much like what we have...but I feel has less upside than our 3 currently...we have pieces and system here to be successful if you are smart.

Only trade I would make is if we could pry Lulay out of B.C..if it didn't cost too much

Based on what I've been researching on ACL injuries it's hard to say at this point. It seems like if it was torn he would likely not be putting pressure on it and he would lift his knee in the air and hop on one leg with staff supporting him. It doesn't look good but it could be worse.  There's a chance its not a tear.  A tear would mean a 6 to 7 month recovery time.

If its a tear here is what Matt has to look forward to.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

On the other hand if it was super serious, wouldn't they bring out the cart?

It's obviously not super serious. The fact he was helped off the field is concerning at this point, though.

Hopefully, it's just a tweak and he'll be good to go for the home opener next Thursday.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah but when Willy went down we had crap behind him...and a lot of crap around him.

Makes no sense to trade or give up assets for a QB that really is only a prospect much like what we have...but I feel has less upside than our 3 currently...we have pieces and system here to be successful if you are smart.

Only trade I would make is if we could pry Lulay out of B.C..if it didn't cost too much

Lulay is a month away from being ready to play, but it doesn't matter as no team is going to trade away their 2nd string QB. Except Tillman might trade his starter.

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think its a tweak... They would know if it was serious right away, i dont think it is... Like Joey Joe Joe said... Similar to Trevor Harris... Couple weeks

Im leaning that way.  There should have been a loud popping noise had he torn his ACL and they would know right away.  But just because they say they are still evaluating doesn't mean they are suspecting a tear.