In Case You Missed It.....Parts 1 & 2

Mr Dee

15 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I think his demeanour is comparable to O'sheas. The one difference is Trestman is just so well spoken. You can tell he's highly intelligent. 

I'm not convinced that behind O'Shea's good natured aw shucks charm there does not still lie a raging go-mental LBer personality disorder.  I wouldn't turn my back on him at a press-conference for a second, especially if my last name was Wiecek.

54 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'm not convinced that behind O'Shea's good natured aw shucks charm there does not still lie a raging go-mental LBer personality disorder.  I wouldn't turn my back on him at a press-conference for a second, especially if my last name was Wiecek.

Of course the guy is a lunatic, but what makes him a man, is he keeps that **** behind the scenes and never in public. 

16 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Herb Zurkowsky- Montreal Gazette

For the seventh time since 2012, the Alouettes are seeking a warm body to coach their team. After Dan Hawkins, Jim Popp, Tom Higgins, Popp again, Jacques Chapdelaine and Kavis Reed, fans would hope that one of these times the organization’s bound to get it right.

With Paul LaPolice signing a contract extension with Winnipeg that includes a financially hefty escape clause, (???) that leaves Devone Claybrooks, Corey Chamblin, Marcel Bellefeuille, Jamie Elizondo and Mark Washington.

This could be a considerable list, including the likes of Tracy Ham, Tom Clements and a number of other CFL coordinators, such as Mike Benevides, Marcus Brady, Khari Jones,Richie Halland Mark Nelson. And don’t forget Laval head coach Glen Constantin 

Here are some names to consider — Stubler, a favourite of Reed’s; Chris Palmer, who once coached with the Als (1983) before going to the NFL and was a Cleveland Browns’ head coach; Western head coach Greg Marshall, the other Vanier Cup finalist and a former Hamilton head coach. Even Danny Barrett, who’s coaching Miami’s running backs and is a former Saskatchewan head coach. 

Reed has said he wants the hiring completed by mid-December..

(Hell, it might take him that long to locate all those names..)

I'd never ask the Als for anything... but this. please please please offer Hall a deal he can't refuse.. head coach, DC with assist HC tag.. whatever! just do it! lol

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Wow...they never have jerseys on sale......like, ever. Wonder if that means there's new ones coming...

I'm really hoping the WFC introduces an alternate third jersey for 2018. It's been way too long and the last thing we got were those hideous digi-camo disasters that looked as though a bird had the runs after devouring blueberries.

Edited by blue_gold_84

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

actually the current Royal Blues started out as 3rd/Alternate jerseys.....those were the last ones we had.....then they became full time last year.

Ah, that's right. I forgot the Bombers used the 80s royals again in 2015. I'm still hoping for a snazzy alternate for 2018, anyway!

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm really hoping the WFC introduces an alternate third jersey for 2018. It's been way too long and the last thing we got were those hideous digi-camo disasters that more looked a bird had the runs after devouring blueberries.

drew-willy2.jpg

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"at least some" - how Canadian - we're proud that we had "at least some" of the games being watched.  What does that even mean?  They accidentally flicked on TSN while changing channels between the Patriots game and the Chargers game?

That is pretty standard language for any ratings talk for any type of programming. 

It's too bad those those jerseys missed the mark. I think they would've actually looked alright if they just had some specks of gold in them or something. As is, they look awful and remind me too much of an Argos uniform. I do find it funny how many people I see at games with Drew Willy versions of that jersey though...