3-Year Contract Extensions For Walters and OShea

JCon

This is great news in my opinion and in the opinion of those that actually matter as a bunch of players have been saying it's a damn good thing. Some times, you need to just step back and not overthink these things, the players love playing for Oshea, that's quite apparent and the bottom line, in todays sporting world, you need a coach that players love to play for. The days of wooping ass and taking names in public is over, those coaches don't last anymore. 

Great news. Stability is the most important thing for sure. You look at every successful organization in the sporting world and what they have... stability at the top of the organization. Teams that change GM'S and Coaches every couple years, well, they are the ones who struggle the most. 

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Please find me someone on this board who thought the kick was the right idea.

I still think it was the incorrect decision but I can see MOS' rationale. 

He watches his kicker do it all season long in practice and his kicker says he can do it. No one has really gone after Medlock for using a tee when he didn't even practice with it all year.

Edited by JCon

This, of course, makes my day. It's a validation of MOS's abilities as a Coach and a good guy. It's the belief that the right man is in place. This is not just us here, (minus a few posters) but, as we have witnessed time, and time again, it's the belief of the Winnipeg Football Club. It's the belief by player after player who have spoken out and testified that they want to play for O'Shea. And to what extent have we've seen that before? 

What O'Shea has started here is remarkable to witness through the player's eyes and I would think his reputation will make Walters' job easier in recruiting. That also has to count for something.

It doesn't hurt, either, to think that this announcement sours the day of some commentators in sport. I strongly hesitate to call them writers..

Let the progress continue...

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

This is great news in my opinion and in the opinion of those that actually matter as a bunch of players have been saying it's a damn good thing. Some times, you need to just step back and not overthink these things, the players love playing for Oshea, that's quite apparent and the bottom line, in todays sporting world, you need a coach that players love to play for. The days of wooping ass and taking names in public is over, those coaches don't last anymore. 

Great news. Stability is the most important thing for sure. You look at every successful organization in the sporting world and what they have... stability at the top of the organization. Teams that change GM'S and Coaches every couple years, well, they are the ones who struggle the most. 

To be fair, ive never seen players come out and say NOOOOOOO! when a coach has been extended. But it is a good thing for chemistry and for showing the players the management and brass believe in what they have.

56 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Now:

Fix the defence.

say what? The defence played 10x better over the course of the year then the offense did. If it wasnt for the team record setting turn overs we dont get a sniff of the play offs. We need some over haul work on both sides of the ball, but i doubt most of what needs to be done will be done. With a year of tape to go back on how do you think opposition Ds are gonna play us? We seldom throw deep, and when we do its a floater. Opposition offenses will have a harder time taking further advantage of our D. Offense, defense, and teams each could have won the game on a single play multiple times. It was a team loss. Dont forget how good they played the pass for most of the game. 

46 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I did. 

I probably would have gone for one more first down. I dont think bc would stop you from making a short throw to the first. then you spike and put medlock on the field. But the decision to kick was very sound. Medlock made from 60 in practice his season long was like 58 or 59, and kicked from deep a bunch of times in practice. He was the best player last year and had the best season for a kicker ever. It was a good decision. And im not a mos fan. It wasnt perfect, but only hind sight is. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This, of course, makes my day. It's a validation of MOS's abilities as a Coach and a good guy. It's the belief that the right man is in place. This is not just us here, (minus a few posters) but, as we have witnessed time, and time again, it's the belief of the Winnipeg Football Club. It's the belief by player after player who have spoken out and testified that they want to play for O'Shea. And to what extent have we've seen that before? 

What O'Shea has started here is remarkable to witness through the player's eyes and I would think his reputation will make Walters' job easier in recruiting. That also has to count for something.

It doesn't hurt, either, to think that this announcement sours the day of some commentators in sport. I strongly hesitate to call them writers..

Let the progress continue...

I think it shows that he was the best HC available. And that they are committed to him. It would have been a terrible decision to not re sign him after waiting soo long for the team to put it together under him after they finally do. To draw it out and kick the tires on other options would have been a big mistake too showing a lack of believe in what they had last year. This was the only good move to be made.