Montreal releases Duron Carter and Stafford

blitzmore

And they can't play again this year.

No salary savings... no cap savings... So, why now? I guess they must have felt that they would make things worse.

Heard Carter wasn't going to feature much over the final few games. I guess they thought he would become even more destructive.

I wonder if the NFL is an option for Carter?

I know the guy is a basket case but I would LOVE to see Carter as a Bomber next year. With a good team and good environment he might flourish, and if he's a jerk ass O'shea wouldn't put up with it for a second so no harm no foul. Carter, Gurley, Dressler, Adams, JFG/Kohlert. Wow

Edited by Judd

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do they get their full salary?  Because if they were released, cant collect their salary and cant go anywhere else to collect a salary, thats a **** move.

The Als have to pay them their remaining 2016 salary.  Basically, it's paying them to stay away.

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

The Als have to pay them their remaining 2016 salary.  Basically, it's paying them to stay away.

No they don't. 

Players in their 3rd year or less don't have guaranteed contracts.
Edited by Jacquie

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I swear I just read something in the CBA today that said for players with 1 year of "service" in the CFL, contracts are guaranteed after the 14th game.

Players with 1 year of service get to keep their medical benefits until the start of the next TC.

I agree, to be honest those receivers were causing issues.  Causing fights on Practices, being unsupportive and unproductive on the field. If they were productive on the field (ie Carter) they were taking poor penalties; or causing other issues.  Need to realize this is a game for men and not boys; there is a certain way someone must carry themselves when they become a man.  The problem was that even though they should be men, they were still acting like boys.