Montreal releases Duron Carter and Stafford

blitzmore

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I like how everyone was thinking to themselves how awesome it would be to have Duron Carter if he wasn't such a wildcard in the locker room.

cant knock the talent he has. Hes been very good with half the 2nd/3rd string qbs to come through the league in the last couple years. hes young hes big he has all the tools. 

Itll be very interesting to follow. Id love to have his talent here, his nut case attitude on the other hand not soo much. I could see him going to sask, edm or but mainly TO under new management in the off season.

I think having more than one "wild card" on a team starts to get risky. I'd be okay with having Carter if we didn't already have Gurly. If you have a strong close knit team with quality leadership it is highly likely that the wild card player will eventually become one of the majority. More than one of those types too early on then becomes a greater chance of division within the team. 

I'd take Carter next year (No one should be taking him this year). Yah I know he's a head case and may be a bad team mate, but talent trumps everything else for me and he's one of the most talented receivers in the league. Folks around here would start loving him as soon as they hear Nichols to Carter for a TD over and over.

Edited by TBURGESS
not sayin

Not sure we need either of these guys. When/if Adams returns, we are going to have a pretty stacked receiving core (if Darvin plays like he did before his injury :P). With the option to have Harris and Flanders in and out of the backfield, two tall WR's, and hopefully an o-line with depth from injury return, this could be a very exciting playoff season. 

Edited by IC Khari

keep them away, they have issues that the Bombers do not need! The receiving core they have is a good one. Give it a chance to come together. How many games have the #1 guys played together and I'm including Denmark in that #1 unit? Not many. Let's see what happens. Should they determine in the off season they need more height or muscle or talent, whatever, then look for it in the off season.

I'd give Carter a chance ahead of Carter. Everywhere Duron has gone has been a problem. So, I'd never want him signing with the Bombers. I don't think the same of Stafford. I think he's been a good teammate elsewhere & would do well away from the situation in Montreal. Besides, how much of the problems going on there has to do with Cato? He doesn't look like a great teammate either.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

I think having more than one "wild card" on a team starts to get risky. I'd be okay with having Carter if we didn't already have Gurly. If you have a strong close knit team with quality leadership it is highly likely that the wild card player will eventually become one of the majority. More than one of those types too early on then becomes a greater chance of division within the team. 

gurley is in no way shape or form a wild card like that.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd give Carter a chance ahead of Carter. Everywhere Duron has gone has been a problem. So, I'd never want him signing with the Bombers. I don't think the same of Stafford. I think he's been a good teammate elsewhere & would do well away from the situation in Montreal. Besides, how much of the problems going on there has to do with Cato? He doesn't look like a great teammate either.

juran bolden was a similar problem. And mike sellers and jerome messam etc. Cato is benched for the new qb fotm

4 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Carter in Edmonton would be terrifying.  

How could you possibly stop an offense featuring: Bowman, Walker and Carter?

Would not take long before somebody would blow up over not getting enough balls their way.

7 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Carter in Edmonton would be terrifying.  

How could you possibly stop an offense featuring: Bowman, Walker and Carter?

Introduce them to each other.

Walker is gone to the NFL after this season anyway.

Timing of this is kind of greasy by Popp.  Something you'd think the PA would care about.  

I'd take Carter here in a heartbeat. A lot of people here seem to believe the picture the Als organization is painting and take it as gospel. I think Popp and Cato are the bigger problems over there and Carter is an easy scapegoat because of what folks have seen in the media. Listen to his interview on TSN from this morning. He's calm and well spoken, he only gets fired up on the field. We all heard Nichols yell at Kohlert (and I imagine Smith) after they both dropped passes on Fri, Kohlert's leading to an INT. If the Bombers were in the shape that Montreal is in, the media and everyone here would all be going on about how Nichols is a cancer blah blah blah and highlighting that clip a hundred times over. 

Is Carter as bad as he's made out to be? Maybe, but I'm not going to assume that based on what I saw with the Als. I'd rather see for myself. Considering the guy is one of, if not the, best receivers in the CFL. 

As wbbfan pointed out, Bolden and Sellers were both considered trouble at one point, and here I am with both of their jerseys proudly  hanging in my closet. Or how about this one for you? Ever hear of a guy named Andrew Harris? How short our memories are about his public words last year and prior  

Worst case we cut him, best case we add a 1,000 yard receiver to our roster. Our locker room is tight, he isn't going to change that. 

Edited by O2L

2 minutes ago, O2L said:

I'd take Carter here in a heartbeat. A lot of people here seem to believe the picture the Als organization is painting and take it as gospel. I think Popp and Cato are the bigger problems over there and Carter is an easy scapegoat because of what folks have seen in the media. Listen to his interview on TSN from this morning. He's calm and well spoken, he only gets fired up on the field. We all heard Nichols yell at Kohlert (and I imagine Smith) after they both dropped passes on Fri, Kohlert's leading to an INT. If the Bombers were in the shape that Montreal is in, the media and everyone here would all be going on about how Nichols is a cancer blah blah blah and highlighting that clip a hundred times over. 

Is Carter as bad as he's made out to be? Maybe, but I'm not going to assume that based on what I saw with the Als. I'd rather see for myself. Considering the guy is one of, if not the, best receivers in the CFL. 

As wbbfan pointed out, Bolden and Sellers were both considered trouble at one point, and here I am with both of their jerseys proudly  hanging in my closet. Or how about this one for you? Ever hear of a guy named Andrew Harris? How short our memories are about his public words last year and prior  

Worst case we cut him, best case we add a 1,000 yard receiver to our roster. Our locker room is tight, he isn't going to change that. 

Don't know where the Bolden and Sellers crap is coming from.  Neither could get into a D1 school because of grades.  Duron Carter literally went to a different college all 4 years he tried to play, really only played part of his Freshman year at Ohio State before getting kicked off the team and one year of junior college, after which his QB infamously tweeted this about his NFL chances: 

"The team that drafts Duron Carter will get the most lazy, whiny & non-work ethic player the nfl has ever seen. I played w/him. Horrible person & will be a complete cancer to any team on the board."