Can we beat calgary?

wbbfan

It feels like david vs goliath. 18 combined games won in a row, but calgary leads in points scores, and has the fewest points allowed. They protect the ball, force turn overs and protect the pocket very well. They run a diverse offense and look great in every facet. 

Weve had to fight for most of our wins, and shown amazing heart in the clutch. we havent played a full 4 quarters on either side of the ball. If we do I feel like our chances against calgary go way up. Theyve been on fire soo long itll be tough even for them to sustain. But for us as well. I feel like calgary is such a favorite over us a loss doesnt really cost us much momentum if we dont get blown out. 

Every team has a chance on game day, but do we stand more of a chance then that?

Calgary has won a lot of close games also.  Don't kid yourself. Who have they beat that we haven't?  

Of course they are beatable. It's ******* football. Anything can happen 

Despite all the chicken little stuff...here's a fact... 

Calgary is a good football team. But The Bombers are also. 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Calgary has won a lot of close games also.  Don't kid yourself. Who have they beat that we haven't?  

Of course they are beatable. It's ******* football. Anything can happen 

Despite all the chicken little stuff...here's a fact... 

Calgary is a good football team. But The Bombers are also. 

Theyve beaten bc for starters. And us. theyve won by 14,15,3,18,9,36,6,21,6,and 25.  Most points scored, least allowed. Theyve scored 83 more points then us. Weve scored 91 more points then last place ssk. 

Calgary is a great team. We are good but dont know just how good we are yet. 

20 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

Yes they can win but it requires a full 60 minute game and getting some pressure on BLM. They cannot afford to take many penalties either.

yeah those flags have been killing us. 

Our defence measures up well except that I still see a vulnerability against the run and in Hall's soft pass-prevent schemes. Our offence will have to get untracked early as Calgary's defence is good enough to stop late-game rallies as the Bombers have managed to pull off lately. We have to stay close.

I'm anxious yet optimistic for us.   Calgary is certainly the top team in the league this year, and the favourite to go all the way.   We're improving, gritty, balanced, and we've found a way to win in different ways.

I think it will be a great game, and I believe in Blue.

Going to have to be another turnover-free game for the Bombers to win.  The Stamps aren't going to turn it over more than once... maybe twice if we're lucky.  Find a way to limit Messam and Marquay McDaniel who both seem to kill the Bombers regularly.  I could see it coming down to a last second field goal.

We have to find a way to stop the 'tank' Messam....Take the track off that guy and that's a start...Bo Levi and his scrambling plus his accurate arm are a tough act to stop....Pressure ...pressure and more pressure till he makes a mistake and coughs it up....Our ball hawks could make a big dif....Our offence has to be better in the red zone...We can't keep knocking on the oppositions door and walking away with three...Going to be a tough game to win as everyone knows we don't win Cal. BUT we've gone against the grain a few times this year (see LD) and beat that curse... Maybe it's time we beat another one.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's all about qb pressure... Mitchell seems to have a tonne of time in the pocket and when the pocket collapses he's great at sliding out untouched. .

The Stamps have a good O-line but that won't prevent the Bombers finding a way to get to Mitchell if he sits in the pocket, he is going to have to scramble a lot to avoid the rush and his accuracy suffers when he does that.  Sure hope Wild is back in the lineup.

As for the O the RB is going to be critical for outlet passes, I hope they dress both Flanders and Harris.

Depends on what our line up looks like this weekend. We have a lot of key injuries right now that are going to make it an even taller order than normal. If it was in Winnipeg, I'd give us a better chance, but in McMahon...it's just so tough...

Win-able? Sure. Likely? Not so much.

Calgary is the best team in the league for a reason. They won't take us lightly, because we've won 7 in a row and because we are right behind them in the standings. BLM doesn't take many sacks, he doesn't throw many picks and we've won most of our games because we take the ball away so often. 

This game is a real measuring stick as to where we are right now. Win and we can be considered elite. Lose and we will be considered with the 2nd tier teams.

Lapo needs to take the kid gloves off nichols and stray away from the safe dip and dunk offense.  We can play safe O against other teams because our defense normally outplays the opposing team's O, and our safe offence scores enough off turnovers and in general to win games.  Our secondary didnt look as good against the argo's and mitchell will eat them up if given a lot of series to work with.  Need to march the ball on O to keep it out of mitchell's hands, and that will take some better play calling and stretching the field better.  A health harris would be huge as well.

5 hours ago, Nolby said:

Considering how Saskatchewan played both games against us I picked them to beat Edmonton yesterday.

I put money down on Saskatchewan at least beating the line based on how close the games with the BB were.  I actually expected Sask to lose by 1.