Bombers Opener June 24 ... (also Laine Day!)

IC Khari

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Both are huge. The ratio impact is huge.

Can Flanders block and catch like Harris can? (I'm really not sure)

The drop off is steep. We go from a shifty power runner who was 2nd in the league in rushing last year whose also a great pass catcher and blocker. Not to mention NI. We go to a guy whose not bad at any thing but not particularly good at any thing. Hasnt played in the cfl in any thing but garbage time during pre season, and is a imp. Willy would be worse, westerman about as bad. No other  injury would hurt us as much.

Losing Harris is a massive drop off in RB and the quality of our starting NI's, especially in PLAP's offence where the RB is involved in so many plays (20-25%). If he's out for a while, it's likely that BC or Montreal will end up with the last playoff spot instead of us. He's just that important.

Flanders caught a couple of passes against Montreal and looked fine. I'm way more concerned about taking McDuffie or Wild off the field than I am about the Harris to Flanders dropoff.

(edit) The big question I have about Flanders is his blocking ability. So many of our huge QB shots have come when the RB has whiffed on his block or jumped entirely the wrong way

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Since I don't recall seeing Davis catch a pass in either game I am not sure how big a drop off this is.  Too bad Richards is hurt, he could have gotten some decent playing time in this game.

Has anybody actually seen Jace Davis? Like with a helmet off or something? Is he for real? Can he really catch footballs? Is he readily recognizable? Could you pick out Jace in a crowd?

Something to think about..

For that matter, is there even a Johnny Adams in camp?

Edited by Mr Dee
Add on

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎21 at 3:15 PM, iso_55 said:

Not good. Hamstrings can be really hard to come back from quickly.

Tweak is better than pull or tear.....but it will bother him for weeks. I tend to agree with the guys on the big show....rest him the next 2 or 3 weeks and give him a ton of therapy and then bring him back. Rushing him could be a potential disaster waiting to happen.