Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure he will. He's made it clear he wants to play there. But there has been no signed contract. If CGY was going to sign him, why wait so long?

Reports yesterday were that they were very close to a deal. We'll know today I guess.

For the first time in a long time (maybe ever), with so many players available for this time around, free agency has the potential to drastically change the landscape of the league. It's pretty exciting really. A team like Hamilton stands to lose the most IMO, they could quickly go from contender to a question mark literally overnight. Conversely, a team like the Bombers could improve dramatically. Plenty of teams with holes to plug and plenty of hole pluggers for the right coin. This to me is what should take place every four or five years to help with parity and fan interest. Can't wait! 

Edited by IC Khari

23 hours ago, Atomic said:

2016 02 07 15 12 30 cflfa Excel

Apologies if there are any mistakes in there, mostly using the CFL FA tracker for info.  I just think it's a little more readable when listed grouped by position rather than team :)

There are a lot of "no-names" and "old-names" on that list that are not going to receive any offers, thus it's going to be a bleak day for a few.  Hopefully Walters can find numerous pieces at market price with a positive upside between the upper and lower price groups.

Here's my guess.... think they make a big splash or 2. 

Harris. Ryan Smith. Capicotti. Medlock or Waters. Just think they are gonna go out and sign a few big names. I think they will offer Laurent money but someone will pay him way more. Laurent is good but if he wants 300 K.... Capicotti is the better value signing. 

Edited by Goalie

1.calgary would be have to be stupid to let messam go. 2. calgary is  not stupid. 3. messam will stay in calg.

*messam probably should not have said he wants to stay in calg.

*not sure why, but I'll be surprised if Andrew Harris ends up here.

Edited by Mark F