Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

I figured Hajrullahu's days were numbered after his performance against Edmonton & Sergio Garcia took over the placekicking duties. Pro football is a harsh reality. The coaches clearly lost confidence in his ability to perform. When that happened his days were numbered. We don't know if the Bombers offered Lirim a contract or not. Or if he turned down an offer & wanted to try free agency. I'm certain another team CFL will sign him & bring him to camp but he won't get the big numbers I'm sure that he wanted in a second contract.

Not surprised about any of them really.  To get better you need better players.  I don't think Harris takes Washington's spot tho. I think he's the vet dB like Shell was. Not convinced Harris makes the team. So who so we go after... obviously medlock or waters.  I think A Harris is a lock. Be nice to get Messam too. Gotta get another receiver... maybe smith from sask. And gotta go after some DL. Capicotti or Laurent would be huge. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

What? He plays the tougher half back spot and does it quite well. He's all over the field and he does his job well. The trouble here is people will focus only on the plays where he got beat, but guess what, the top receivers (who Washington was always covering because that's how the coaches viewed him) will get open and make plays on everyone. If we lose Washington mark my words we will miss him. 

I know where he plays. And I understand that in that spot, you're going to get beat. I just don't think he's lived up to his potential. I don't think he's a shut down DB. I'd take him back, but I wouldn't mind moving on either.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Other news outta the presser is that Bob Wylie is coming back for sure. I *think* that's good news...see what he can do with our OL as the young guys grow, and maybe Lapo's systems will be better.

I think it's good news. Wylie is a good coach. Interesting to see how the OL grows & improves as a unit, Hopefully they can stay free of long term serious injuries this coming season.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Quality of that Periscope feed is terrible.  Bombers have a new featured on their site called BomberTV  but it's tag line must be "We're not live!"

I agree. All I can say is down periscope.

Maybe, since they can't seem to figure a good live broadcast out, they should tape the bloody thing, spend an hour figuring how to post it, then have it shown...

How hard is it to film a live broadcast?

I see 3 internationals on the oline. So let's just..

National Starters 

Goossen Chungh 

Kohlert 

Westerman 

A Harris

Hurl but maybe not

Bucknor but maybe not 

Waggoner but maybe not

Get Laurent or Capicotti or even Shologan 

Could start 9 Canadians but I think 8 is more likely 

And here comes the why would you start 8 Canadians thing... simple. Because if a Canadian gets hurt it doesn't really mess with your ratio as much. 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I am almost certain if we don't sign Lirim, we will regret it for the next 20 years. How quickly we forget the dark years of kickers and the value of having a good Canadian one. Give him a chance to bounce back. 

The coaches must not feel that way. It's a trust issue, I think. They see him everyday at practice as well as games so they're the better judge.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Cant figure out how you let LH and Marshall walk...  its not like they're asking for big $$

Walters was going to announce some positive developments but he really had nothing much to say.  This is not looking like a masterful performance on his part as more holes are opening up on the roster.