Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

5 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

300k is too much for a d tackle

This...it's not about being cheap, it's about being smart. Don't get caught up in the craziness and overpay, just because that's the asking price. 

lots of @cfl buzz regarding Ted Laurent. sounds like a team has put aside over $250 k to sign him. No offers in yet @cflfastarts in 13 mins

Disaggree.  300k may be too much for and import, but if he is the best in the league then its probally worth it.

Look.. Our team is horrible and has been horrible for a long time. Only Sask was worse last year and they have blow the thing up and released 20 plus players.

Stop taking the slow and cheap option.. it hasn't been working.. Overpay to get the best assests possible.  If that means our backups are paid less and maybe not as good.. then so be it.  the drop off on backups will not be as significant as the starters

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wonder if Chad Owens finds a new team.... 

He will if he doesn't lower his expectations. Yes he can still contribute a lot and yes he's the face of the team here, but he isn't a $175k player at this point. If he played all 18 games + playoffs he might be so if he works out something incentive based he might get there... but realistically he may end up elsewhere as Barker traditionally doesn't break the bank for free agents. It would suck to see him in Hamilton.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Laurent is worth 250K easily, and I would probably go up to 275K for him. He might be the best DT in the league and he's Canadian. 

250K and you make the deal, absolutely. But it sounds like a number of teams will be willing to pay him that. Who can go higher is the question.

1 minute ago, Dascow said:

I have a request.

Can people please post twitter information, or any information on this thread?  I can't get the twitter feed at work and I don't know where else to get up to date information. :)

All trades should be posted on here...

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

Any word on the teams in on Harris? I would suspect that Toronto, Montreal, Saskatchewan and maybe Ottawa would show interest.

I think all of those except Saskatchewan would probably be in on him. I don't get the impression that SK wants to bring in competition for Durant

3 minutes ago, Cam P said:

I think all of those except Saskatchewan would probably be in on him. I don't get the impression that SK wants to bring in competition for Durant

Would be silly of Jones not to bring him in for that exact reason! Look what happened to them after losing Durant last year. They don't have much behind Durant and they also don't know what he has as he hasn't played in a season and a half.