Free Agency 2016...

Mr Dee

29 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Show Andrew Harris the money + loudly declare that going forward, this is how the WBB will treat their home grown talent.

...hope that Nic Demski and Anthony Coombs are watching.

that kid ain't going nowhere but BMO. ;)

sheesh... next thing you know those uppity prairie folk will be looking to lure Thomas Miles away...

Edited by bluto

30 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Show Andrew Harris the money + loudly declare that going forward, this is how the WBB will treat their home grown talent.

...hope that Nic Demski and Anthony Coombs are watching.

Nic Demski wears a BiueBomber shirt under his Rider jersey. If we want him to come home all we have to do is make him an offer when his contract expires.

I like what Lawless was tweeting earlier about how Laurent may not go today. Asking price near 300k, apparently, and a lot of teams (obviously) balking at that. May not go until tomorrow when people can talk that down a fair ways...

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue said:

I'm simply torn about going for some of the big names and making the "splash" everyone wants to see or finding the good talent that is still out there and maybe not getting raked over the coals in the process. 

I don't want to spend $300k on the guy. That's nonsense. My response was more that I'm not really that interested in either of the other guys you mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see what the final number for Laurent is.

12 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't want to spend $300k on the guy. That's nonsense. My response was more that I'm not really that interested in either of the other guys you mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see what the final number for Laurent is.

It was more a point to what to what has been mentioned already about filling holes at a 2:1 ratio.

Laurent. = Spend the money.. If he is the game breaking, dominant D-Lineman that everyone says he is, sign him and keep him long term.  Doug brown made a huge difference for us and was constantly being double teamed and that lead to other D-Lineman getting to the QB.   If he is a good as everyone says (i don't know enough about him) then you go after him hard and sign him even at and inflated price.

For me,  the offence is the weakest part on the team and we need a big boost here.. Either Harris as a game breaking RB and Canadian, spend the money, and some recievers. 

Going cheap on different pieces has not WORKED for how many years.  Identify the key pieces we need and spend the money even if that means over paying.. They is little risk involved here. If they don't work out you can cut them and their salary.  

2 minutes ago, comedygeek said:

Find a way to get Capicciotti and we won't be worrying about the $300K madness of Laurent anyway. Yes, he's the best, but no non-QB is worth that kind of money, Canadian or not. And Capicciotti's 23 sacks in the last 2 years isn't too shabby.

300k is too much for a d tackle