Lirim Hajrullahu

Kid didnt just forget how to play.. Hes getting hungup on himself. Mental fortitiude is the hardest piece of the puzzle to put in place.

Do wonder if maybe a sports psychiatrist might not be a bad idea. Competition also seemed to help him focus before.

First year he's just happy to be paid to kick footballs and be a part of a team.  Off-season his agent tells him not to re-up as the sky is the limit and he sets his sights on the NFL.  With added pressure to be perfect in order to achieve his goals the relaxed demeanor is now gone and the guilt of failing his teammates just adds to the weight. 

If Walters is smart he re-ups Lirim in the next few weeks and sends him to a sports psychologist in the off-season.  We all know he has the physical talent to have a long and successful football career, he just has to learn to relax his sphincter muscles a bit and accept the here and now and not worry about the future.

We definitely have a double standard as fans here. When Brian Brohm plays & sucks no one feels sorry for him. It's cut Brohm & get the bum outta here!! When Liram sucks we sre supposed to feel sorry for him. He's in a slump & we need to be more understanding. Well **** that. Liram's a professional football player & if he doesn't perform then he should be gone. I think it's ridiculous that so many fans hate Brohm yet want to keep giving Liram more chances when he's sucked all year long.

I'm not going to lie I don't really feel bad for Lirim. I can understand the empathy, but seriously this is pro ball and the bombers needed to win this game. He blew it. Would have had a better shot with a high school kicker out there tonight

And I got roasted here a couple of weeks ago when I commented negatively on Liram's trick shots video. This is the thing I was talking about. Why do a trick shot video when he's not playing well even before yesterday? Be humble. Work more on being a professional kicker & not on trick shots.

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.Had a bad game and his year has been up and down.Westwood ripping on him shows a severe lack of class imo.He was great last year and is young all kickers go through this.Bring in some competition next TC and see what happens.

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.Had a bad game and his year has been up and down.Westwood ripping on him shows a severe lack of class imo.He was great last year and is young all kickers go through this.Bring in some competition next TC and see what happens.

Like I said how come it's okay to rip on Brohm but not Liram?

Like I said how come it's okay to rip on Brohm but not Liram?

Seriously!  Iso...you may be old but you're no idiot.   Brohm has done nothing to prove himself in this league.  Lirim has shown he can be a CFL calibre kicker.  There's the difference and you know it.    

Brohm has been in pro leagues for what 8 years? This is LH's 2nd year. He deserves a break because he's still wet behind the ears and there's still a good chance he gets it together.

Not to mention the fact this city gave Westwood a break for pretty much of the 2000s and losing the 2001 Grey Cup. He was freaking awful from 2001 to when he was forced out.

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.

Baloney.  They said the same thing about Serna and we were stuck waiting for him to get consistent for 2 and a half years. I only care about him making kicks.  It's the only criteria that matters in pro football. The coach needs to know he can count on those points.

I say again, if he can fix it then why hasn't he?  It's been going on all year. 

He has a been consistently poor all year. Terrible punting frequently and his kicking just cost us another game. Its time to move on.

His punting has been fine. Can't blame him for crappy coverage on returns.

He has continually put punts right down the middle of the field when they should be going near sidelines.

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.

Baloney.  They said the same thing about Serna and we were stuck waiting for him to get consistent for 2 and half years. I only care about him making kicks.  It's the only criteria that matters in pro football.

But Serna never kick in the 80 percentile in that time. Lirim has not been good this year but he has proven he can be which is why he should be given a chance to work through his issues. Of course bring in other talent in camp is a must but you don't give up on someone who has proven they can hit in the 80% or better range, punt net 40 range, and place punts very well. Christ, the Bombers kept Westwood way past his expiry date even though for most of his time after '01 he could do neither of those things on the list.

He has a been consistently poor all year. Terrible punting frequently and his kicking just cost us another game. Its time to move on.

He has continually put punts right down the middle of the field when they should be going near sidelines.

You cannot blame a punter if a cover team fails to cover. Even if they kick a ball right when it should go left you should be able to compensate in coverage. In every case this year either the cover team was blocked out or did not stay in their lanes. If you stay in your lanes you rarely will get scored on.

I have watched lots of teams kickers place the ball in the middle of the field or not pull of a great punt and not get scored on.

You cannot blame a punter if a cover team fails to cover. Even if they kick a ball right when it should go left you should be able to compensate in coverage. In every case this year either the cover team was blocked out or did not stay in their lanes. If you stay in your lanes you rarely will get scored on.

I have watched lots of teams kickers place the ball in the middle of the field or not pull of a great punt and not get scored on.

This is junk. The likelihood of a kick being returned a long way increases the further away from the sideline it is because the return teams blockers come into play and the returner is making one guy miss away from having a huge seam. I'm not sure how a coverage team is supposed to adapt to an inaccurate punter. Look up and watch the kick, then run and cover? It's pro football, there's no margin for error and wasting time. In high school you cover the whole field because the kickers have absolutely no idea where the ball is going for the most part. Shouldn't have to be that way in the CFL. The kick doesn't even have to be pinpoint accurate, just anywhere inside the numbers.

The Bombers coverage unit has done a good job this season despite Hajrullahu routinely misplacing the ball and out kicking coverage. He's not a punter and that's obvious.

Kid didnt just forget how to play.. Hes getting hungup on himself. Mental fortitiude is the hardest piece of the puzzle to put in place.

Do wonder if maybe a sports psychiatrist might not be a bad idea. Competition also seemed to help him focus before.

First year he's just happy to be paid to kick footballs and be a part of a team.  Off-season his agent tells him not to re-up as the sky is the limit and he sets his sights on the NFL.  With added pressure to be perfect in order to achieve his goals the relaxed demeanor is now gone and the guilt of failing his teammates just adds to the weight. 

If Walters is smart he re-ups Lirim in the next few weeks and sends him to a sports psychologist in the off-season.  We all know he has the physical talent to have a long and successful football career, he just has to learn to relax his sphincter muscles a bit and accept the here and now and not worry about the future.

I totally agree with this....Lirim's agent pumped his tires but good after last season, and he wanted to try his NFL luck. But after yesterday's horror, he'll never even get a look. The Steelers cut their kicker when he missed 2 last game, and with his percentage numbers, LH is in the CFL forever.

Not that it matters, but I think there may have been something wrong with the spot or the hold on the first miss. His punting was fine, and has been so all year.

I think he will work through it, and of course he has the correct passport. But I agree as well, we bring in for training camp a couple of National kickers. Have to.

He was awful but our O did nothing all first half

man alive, you hate everyone not named willy amirite?

nichols did enough for this team to win vs a VERY good edmonton team. our piece of garbage kicker left 10 on the board. should be a W. Nichols was great.

Don't we play 60 minutes anymore?

Yes this is misguided. Vary rarely, if ever, do you want the kicker punting up the middle or completely missing the call on what side to kick.

The coverage team is taught lane responsibility that is compromised, not due to their inability, but due to a speedy returners delight because of the kicker not performing his responsibility.

I've seen special team coordinators rip into their kicker because he decided to punt for show with a booming kick up the middle and not punt for what he actually was asked to do.