Lirim Hajrullahu

Move Bucknor to safety, it's were he should be playing anyways, Veltung can play corner and get Chevy off the roster.

I didn't realize a) Bucknor can play safety better than he can at corner and B) Veltung knows how to play corner when matched against an experienced CFL Wide Receiver.

What the Bombers should do is pick Ronnie Pfeffer off the RedBlacks PR and play him this week. Sit Lirim.

Can't believe Pfeffer is sitting on their PR or that the Argos actually cut him, especially since Waters has re-injured himself.  He looked very good earlier in the year.

On checking the RB roster Pfeffer is listed on the 6 game IR.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Bucknor is a horrendous safety. That's why Hamilton gave up on him.

Bucknor plays way too far off the receiver. I don't know if it's because he lacks speed or what but throwing under him is easy as pie. Somehow he still manages to get burned deep too so I really don't think much of him. Not sure why he is even on this team. Surely Walters could have done better by now.

Bucknor plays way too far off the receiver. I don't know if it's because he lacks speed or what but throwing under him is easy as pie. Somehow he still manages to get burned deep too so I really don't think much of him. Not sure why he is even on this team. Surely Walters could have done better by now.

He does make a decent play every now and then. But I agree, especially as the field corner, it always seems like he's giving the REC too much respect. Get in their face damn it!!!!!

It's more the deep stuff that is the concern. Field corners in zone or man always have to give a pretty significant cushion, usually 8-10 yards, to avoid getting beat deep. The routes available to that receiver far away from the QB are limited. Bucknor gets picked on a lot when teams use a lot of bunch formations and bring him into the play.

Every corner in that position plays off the receiver. Better to give up a short pass underneath than get burned for a big play over the top and if the qb floats the ball out to the wide receiver then the DB has a chance to break on the ball. Playing off is simply playing the way he's asked to because there is help under neath from half backs and linebackers, there's no help over the top. 

It's more the deep stuff that is the concern. Field corners in zone or man always have to give a pretty significant cushion, usually 8-10 yards, to avoid getting beat deep. The routes available to that receiver far away from the QB are limited. Bucknor gets picked on a lot when teams use a lot of bunch formations and bring him into the play.

Good stuff. Yeah, 8-10 yards sounds right but I've seen him 12-15 yards off. In the Edmonton game they threw underneath him a lot and he was always late making contact. It cost us big-time late in that game. I believe it was also he that got beat on the bomb for a TD. Just not good enough and totally unacceptable. 

Good stuff. Yeah, 8-10 yards sounds right but I've seen him 12-15 yards off. In the Edmonton game they threw underneath him a lot and he was always late making contact. It cost us big-time late in that game. I believe it was also he that got beat on the bomb for a TD. Just not good enough and totally unacceptable.

He got picked on big time in the second half and it was him Stafford burned for the long TD. Move him to safety, good bad or otherwise it is the lesser of two evils.

Every corner in that position plays off the receiver. Better to give up a short pass underneath than get burned for a big play over the top and if the qb floats the ball out to the wide receiver then the DB has a chance to break on the ball. Playing off is simply playing the way he's asked to because there is help under neath from half backs and linebackers, there's no help over the top. 

Wait......you know you're defending Bucknor...........right?

Wait......you know you're defending Bucknor...........right?

If you want to bash a guy use real reasons. poor logic is what I am arguing. 

So with regards to the kickers ( I believe the point of this thread ) it sounds like both are kicking field goals in practice today. Could there be a competition underway this week for the spot??

I think apologizing for missing 4 field goals & a convert was unnecessary as Liram didn't mean to do it. He shouldn't have run off the way he did after the game as that was wrong. He has to learn how to face adversity & deal with it when it happens. Not 3 days later. Hopefully lesson learned.

I think apologizing for missing 4 field goals & a convert was unnecessary as Liram didn't mean to do it. He shouldn't have run off the way he did after the game as that was wrong. He has to learn how to face adversity & deal with it when it happens. Not 3 days later. Hopefully lesson learned.

He didn't run off -- the team made him unavailable to the media to shelter him.