Lirim Hajrullahu

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.Had a bad game and his year has been up and down.Westwood ripping on him shows a severe lack of class imo.He was great last year and is young all kickers go through this.Bring in some competition next TC and see what happens.

Like I said how come it's okay to rip on Brohm but not Liram?

Seriously!  Iso...you may be old but you're no idiot.   Brohm has done nothing to prove himself in this league.  Lirim has shown he can be a CFL calibre kicker.  There's the difference and you know it.    

No difference, huh? Quit making excuses for the guy. He gets paid to kick field goals & he's not doing a very good job. There's certainly a double standard here shown by some fans. 

Brohm has been in pro leagues for what 8 years? This is LH's 2nd year. He deserves a break because he's still wet behind the ears and there's still a good chance he gets it together

Still wet behind the ears? The guy is a pro football player not a little kid. He gets paid to kick field goals. Excuses.

He set a club record for completion percentage last year on his way to being the East Div MOR. He's having a sophomore slump and I guarantee you, there's nobody who wants to fix it more than him.

After I've had a night to cool down, well said sir. In professional sport where it can be ruthless, his window of opportunity to complete this task will be very small.

Well if you read up on what's he has been through in his life lack of mental fortitude isn't in his history at all.Had a bad game and his year has been up and down.Westwood ripping on him shows a severe lack of class imo.He was great last year and is young all kickers go through this.Bring in some competition next TC and see what happens.

Seriously!  Iso...you may be old but you're no idiot.   Brohm has done nothing to prove himself in this league.  Lirim has shown he can be a CFL calibre kicker.  There's the difference and you know it.    

No difference, huh? Quit making excuses for the guy. He gets paid to kick field goals & he's not doing a very good job. There's certainly a double standard here shown by some fans. 

Brohm is an import QB, I'm no expert but I've heard of a place where those guys are literally falling out of the trees.  Lirim is a talented National, a much rarer commodity and much, much harder to replace. 

Cause Lirim has actually had a good year in the CFL before.

Cause Lirim has actually had a good year in the CFL before.

Still a double standard. Anyway, he's not going anywhere so we'll see how he does the next 4 games. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Castillo is on the roster next week, he almost needs to be. 

As far as sending him out to keep trying, what's your other option really? Keep going for it on 3rd down? Then the topic would be something about how stupid we were for not trying the fg... 

Fact is.. he makes that extra point  and he just kicks one other FG and we win that game.. he makes them all, that game isn't as close as it was.

For the first time in a long time, i am going to say that we actually deserved to win that game.. and easily would have if our Kicker didn't suck crap. 

National or International, if a player is not doing his job, winning franchises take the necessary action to fill that role with someone who can do the job. Sadly this franchise hasn't done that as much as it should of in the last 25 or so years. Might explain our success rate during those years.

He set a club record for completion percentage last year on his way to being the East Div MOR. He's having a sophomore slump and I guarantee you, there's nobody who wants to fix it more than him.

That record is essentially meaningless. Kickers across the board are much better now and we had almost two decades of mediocre Westwood to start the modern era. It's the proverbial tallest midget award.

Hajrullahu has cost us two wins this season directly (@ Calgary, vs Edmonton) and been a major contributor to more losses, home vs Toronto another big one. That could very well be the margin of being a near .500 team and a bunch of people losing their jobs. I suppose it's O'Shea's fault to a large degree for not putting a punter on the roster anyways.

Brohm has been in pro leagues for what 8 years? This is LH's 2nd year. He deserves a break because he's still wet behind the ears and there's still a good chance he gets it together

Still wet behind the ears? The guy is a pro football player not a little kid. He gets paid to kick field goals. Excuses.

I'm on record many times saying that the BS call against us last week in the Calgary game had no bearing on the outcome. Liram's missed 49 yard field goal did. A bonafide #1 kicker will make that kick (and it's not a 50/50) probably 90% of the time given the weather conditions and not withstanding variables out of the kickers control such as a bad snap, bad hold, or a missed blocking assignment.

This week unfortunately proved me right as Liram has really lost his confidence. 

He makes all his kicks we have an additional 12 points on the board ( 5 x 3 = 15 he made 1 of 5 for 3 points plus we got a point for one of his misses so that's a two pointer but he made up for that by missing yet another extra point so there's the 12 missing points).

With those 12 points we win the game even if Reilly manages a TD march and tacks on an extra 2.

But - I'm still a Liram fan - I think if he gets through this he'll be a bomber kicker that can be up there with Trevor Kennard and yes even Troy Westwood who in his prime was very consistent and made the big kicks when we needed them a lot more than 50/50. It wasn't till the end of his career when he got inconsistent and mouthy did his reputation start to get tarnished.

That being said - bombers better bring in some competition for Liram - and not an import - for next year. And Liram has to get rid of the yips or else he will be unemployed next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I think this NFL dream is putting too much pressure on him this year.  As each game goes by he sees his NFL dream getting further and further away.  

I blame this on his agent who's obviously pumping his ass full of NFL $$$$$$$. 

Do the Bombers employ a sports psychologist? If they don't, they should. I know Calgary does. Do all professional teams employ one?

I definitely think it's a mental issue, which may be coming from this whole NFL thing, I don't know...

I'm frustrated because I feel he has cost us some games this year. However, I got this horrible feeling that if we let him go he'll go on to set a CFL record for another team.