Lirim Hajrullahu

I wouldnt dump him.  He is too talented.  But they have to do something other than let his issues lose games.  Whether that's competition, a benching, sports shrink, calling him out publicly, I dont know.

Well, good thing his coach isn't Mike Tomlin. Or Jimmy Johnson who once cut his veteran fullback because his fumble cost the Cowboys a victory.

Lirim missed his last kick against Calgary that could have sent the game to OT. He came back with his worst game ever in Bomber Blue against Edmonton. Will be interesting to see if the Bombers have faith in him against BC this week.

If they can afford to dress both Lirim and Castillo for the next game I think that would be a wise decision.

The issue is between Lirim's ears because he didn't suddenly loose talent over the off season.  He's been struggling all year and the big meltdown finally happened.  Don't expect him to suddenly pull himself together and return to 2014 form anytime soon because if it was that easy to correct whatever is going on, he'd have already done it.  It's going to be a bumpy last few games if he continues to play.

Maybe, with the right professional help over the winter, he'll return to form in 2016. 

He was 16 of 19 to start the season, 6 of his last 13 tho... so something happened there.... not sure what.... perhaps it's something at home, i don't know but... you don't just go from being 16 of 19 to 6 of 13 for no reason. Guys a good kicker, must be something going on there. 

I wouldn't cut Lirim. I doubt there's anyone better on the roster. If there is, the special teams coach should be fired for keeping Lirim in.

This year is definitely going to hurt Lirim in the pocketbook. No NFL for him. Maybe no CFL either. 

I see what you did there!  ;)

He was 16 of 19 to start the season, 6 of his last 13 tho... so something happened there.... not sure what.... perhaps it's something at home, i don't know but... you don't just go from being 16 of 19 to 6 of 13 for no reason. Guys a good kicker, must be something going on there. 

Personally, I think there's something going on there.

I think this has been going on all season. It wasn't showing up (thankfully) in the FG stats earlier in the season, but he was missing 30 yard converts at an alarming rate even early in the year. His troubles seem to have expanded now into his FG kicking. It's definitely a mental issue.

I wouldn't cut the guy, but you have to bench him to send a message.

Yeah, that'll absolutely help his confidence....good call.

I'll bench him, if I'm O'Shea. Confidence or not, 4 missed FG is big, 5 if we count the last FG in CGY game. If he should have made alll those the Bombers are probably sitting 3rd right now, and very high on their playoff chances.

O'Shea priority should be to win football game not to baby each players confidence.

We're in the business of winning football games and he's now cost us at least two. **** his confidence.

Couldn't agree more. Why are we suddenly treating players like fragile babies? They're professional athletes who are paid to make plays. Lirim's performance was unacceptable. I wouldn't cut him but he needs to take a seat on the bench. If he can't respond from being cut, how will he ever be able to respond with big kicks?

Im no athlete and I assume different athletes respond to different things but Im not sure coddling someone and telling them they're good and wonderful and will bounce back is more effective then telling them to get their head screwed on right or they will be replaced.  If a pro athlete cant mentally handle the idea of being replaced, he's probably in the wrong business.

We're in the business of winning football games and he's now cost us at least two. **** his confidence.

Couldn't agree more. Why are we suddenly treating players like fragile babies? They're professional athletes who are paid to make plays. Lirim's performance was unacceptable. I wouldn't cut him but he needs to take a seat on the bench. If he can't respond from being cut, how will he ever be able to respond with big kicks?

They should be bringing in guys who can do the job.  Why must we be so invested in a kicker simply because he's Canadian?  He's either good enough .. consistent enough .. to do the job or he isn't.   Give me one person who can do all three jobs .. I don't care if they are Canadian, American or Martian.  Just put the ball through the ******* uprights with some regularity.

They should be bringing in guys who can do the job.  Why must we be so invested in a kicker simply because he's Canadian?  He's either good enough .. consistent enough .. to do the job or he isn't.   Give me one person who can do all three jobs .. I don't care if they are Canadian, American or Martian.  Just put the ball through the ******* uprights with some regularity.

He did. Last season. More then any other kicker in bomber history percentage wise.

He can do the job. Its up to oshea and walters to find out what went wrong.

Oh, and we are vested in him because he has shown hes skilled AND Canadian kickers are valuable. Also, we dont want another peredes situation.. Except this one would be worse as we developed him..

He did. Last season. More then any other kicker in bomber history percentage wise.

He can do the job. Its up to oshea and walters to find out what went wrong.

Oh, and we are vested in him because he has shown hes skilled AND Canadian kickers are valuable. Also, we dont want another peredes situation.. Except this one would be worse as we developed him..

One season does not make a track record.  One season can be seen as an outlier or a fluke.  

You know what's valuable to this franchise?  Wins.  You know what's valuable to this team on game day?  A player who can be depended on .. whose mere appearance on the field doesn't illicit cat calls from 25000 people in the stands.

At the end of the day, he's a ******* kicker.  He's a ******* kicker who is costing us games.  He's a ******* kicker who has been so wildly inconsistent this season that if he WASN'T a non-import, he'd have been shown the door.  

To everyone reading this post, I'm sorry.  I'm not usually the one to drop F-Bombs in a thread but we are talking about a kicker .. and a guy who is routinely shitting the bed .. he's not a sacred cow.  

Benching or canning LH right now does nothing for this team. There is no one to step in.

Benching or canning LH right now doesn't make the offense better.

Benching or canning LH right now doesn't make the team stop taking stupid penalties.

Benching or canning LH right now doesn't stop the Bomber from turning over the ball.

Benching or canning LH right now doesn't stop the defense from being able to give up the necessary yardage to the opposition at key times to give them a chance to win.

Absolutely Lirim has a hand in the results of the last two games but by no means was he the only factor that caused the Bombers to lose and every fan waving his pitchfork at LH and the refs in the last two weeks fails to see this. Bad teams lose in the face of adversity good teams find a way to overcome it. In the past two games there wasn't one faction of the team that played a strong 60 minutes. As a result every point is important to this team and every point left on the field is magnified.

The Bombers should probably dress another kicker, if they have one, but it would be nuts to cut Lirim. You cut Lirim for his hand in the loses then Washington, Moore, Adams, Shell, most of the offensive line, coaches, etc, etc should all be terminated with him because almost every single player and coach on the team has not done their job at some point this season. (Even many of the folks on the injured list)