Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

He utilized the run a lot more effectively and there were even a few shovel/screen passes too.  i think it's likely that with the win tonight he's made sure that, baring a complete breakdown in the O, he's here for the rest of the season.

I don't think the running game worked out as well as planned but at least they stuck with the run tonight throughout the game so that is encouraging.  On second thought that probably had more to do with never being behind by more than 7.

The running game doesn't have to chew up a bunch of yards in order to be effective.  They used it enough that the Rider D had to be ready for it on any given play and that helped keep them a bit off balance.  At the same time, I'm not overly pumped about our running backs at the moment so hopefully Walters can find us a top drawer model in the NFL cast offs.

Or maybe just maybe Nichols actually saw some guys who were deep. I dunno. Wasn't at the last 2 games but... I doubt MB called 5 yard passes all game. That's on Marve and Brohm more I think. MB sucks but I'm guessing brohm and Marve just don't have the ability to go deep. Can't read the d as quick as Nichols.

Ding...ding...ding....we have a winner. Not going to defend Bellefeuille totally but a large part of our total ineptness on offence over the past few weeks is in large part because Brohm and Marve are not or are not ready to be CFL QBs. Nichols performance on just 4 days practice in our offence proves that.

Or maybe just maybe Nichols actually saw some guys who were deep. I dunno. Wasn't at the last 2 games but... I doubt MB called 5 yard passes all game. That's on Marve and Brohm more I think. MB sucks but I'm guessing brohm and Marve just don't have the ability to go deep. Can't read the d as quick as Nichols.

Ding...ding...ding....we have a winner. Not going to defend Bellefeuille totally but a large part of our total ineptness on offence over the past few weeks is in large part because Brohm and Marve are not or are not ready to be CFL QBs. Nichols performance on just 4 days practice in our offence proves that.

So are we now on the “let’s give Bellefeuille a long-term extension” bandwagon? lol

So here's my question,  both Brohm and Marve talked about their frustration with no big plays available, yet Willy and Nichols seemed to have no trouble with that, what if it was Bellefool who did call nothing but short crap because he didn't trust his qbs? That's a possibility given the stark differences between Brohm and Marve and WIlly and Nichols. It certainly could be a simple case of Willy and Nichols are just better, but I do wonder. Bellefeuille to me seems to try and out think himself at the best of times, it's entirely within the realm of possibility he did it with Brohm/Marve too. 

So here's my question,  both Brohm and Marve talked about their frustration with no big plays available, yet Willy and Nichols seemed to have no trouble with that, what if it was Bellefool who did call nothing but short crap because he didn't trust his qbs? That's a possibility given the stark differences between Brohm and Marve and WIlly and Nichols. It certainly could be a simple case of Willy and Nichols are just better, but I do wonder. Bellefeuille to me seems to try and out think himself at the best of times, it's entirely within the realm of possibility he did it with Brohm/Marve too. 

In one of the games Marve started, he went deep a few times.  Once it was badly overthrown to Nick Moore.  The other time, he threw deep into triple coverage and it was almost picked.  

So are we now on the “let’s give Bellefeuille a long-term extension” bandwagon? lol

uno1.gif

I've been watching our receivers lately and for the most part they run poor routes and do a terrible job of blocking. Our so called playmakers look lazy and uninspired, time for a receiver shake up.

Noticed this on saturday too. I caught Adams dogging it a couple times on passing plays yet. 

Saw this in the Calgary game, as well.....

I've been watching our receivers lately and for the most part they run poor routes and do a terrible job of blocking. Our so called playmakers look lazy and uninspired, time for a receiver shake up.

Noticed this on saturday too. I caught Adams dogging it a couple times on passing plays yet.

Saw this in the Calgary game, as well.....

Could be that they are... Or were... Tired of being tossed suicide balls and not being involved in the play if they ran farther then 10 yards?

Blocking, denmark and watson used to be our best.. JFG does admirably as does Kohlert but too small to be of much use.. Moores meh and adams is like a younger Romby.. Talented but not much for effort if not into then play..

We also have to remember,, if they are fast, good route runners, focused and excellent blockers... They aint in the CFL. Everyone is going to have some warts essentially..

Denmark has been dogging it for over a month if you ask me Moore is by far out best REC but he is out every 1/3 of the games Adams is our second best and has missed some time. Denmark is having Another off year his best year was last year but the year before was bad and this year is bad to me its time to move on...

We need IMP REC depth asap Veltung is ok but isn't lighting the world on fire and he has been banged up as well, I like what I have seen of Willie but he has only gotten in a few plays.

We lack big strong RECs that can take the hits to me this is the single biggest area of failure for Walters and company, be bought in 10 or so new RECs and only Veltung remains and so far he is ok but nothing special ? Wille was cut and brought back...

Shitty QB play and the receivers are at fault? Granted .. Adams has looked uninspired the last little while but Denmark has always stepped up on the field .. can't help that the hot mess we had in place before Nichols either one hopped passes from here to eternity or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was 20 yards away.

Shitty QB play and the receivers are at fault? Granted .. Adams has looked uninspired the last little while but Denmark has always stepped up on the field .. can't help that the hot mess we had in place before Nichols either one hopped passes from here to eternity or couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was 20 yards away.

Adams had better get on his horse and start performing. He looked great in that one game but has done nothing since. Looks to have the talent but not the drive but he is not going to be much longer if he doesn't smarten up.

Game plan got worse as the game wore on (again), Nichols not that accurate, as the Montreal heat pickedup . Some receivers and kick returners need a boot in the butt, as well.  Some of these plays in the backfield to Denmark need to be scrubbed.  Our run plays still run in slow motion.  Walker is a waste of space.....  

The players know Bellefool is a crappy oc and the offence is just going through the motions, until he's replaced....Probably some guys are doing just enough to keep their jobs, with winning as a second thought...Something should have been done awhile ago but after now hearing we could be looking for a gm and possibly a head coach, we most likely will be saddled with this loser until the end of the season...Bad times are here again.

Game plan got worse as the game wore on (again), Nichols not that accurate, as the Montreal heat pickedup . Some receivers and kick returners need a boot in the butt, as well.  Some of these plays in the backfield to Denmark need to be scrubbed.  Our run plays still run in slow motion.  Walker is a waste of space.....  

Who is on our PR that can step in...  no RB even in camp

Wasting two PR spots on Cdn DEs

... And started 8 Cdns again