Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

Then suffer with O'Shea and the status quo and quit complaining. He's the only qualified candidate available right now and is 10 times the HC O'Shea will ever be.

I'll take Richie Hall over both of them - and I know that Hall did a terrible job in Edmonton.

Hmmm. Trying to think of his Edmonton tenure. I think Hall would be a great candidate for interim HC. He can still control the defense, and maybe he will start making changes on the roster finally.

I  actually think Hall may have benefited from his time as HC in Edmonton and potentially could be a good HC. But what I don't want to happen is promote him, not perform the exhaustive search they should in the off season and have him hand off the reigns to his defensive coordinator and have it collapse as soon as it looks like we have a D that has signs of coming around. 

It's getting hard to defend O'shea, but I still have the belief that he could grow into a good HC if he's surrounded by experienced coordinators. I want O'shea to be given his third year and Hall kept so he can keep adding the building blocks of his D. Hire an experienced OC next year that can come in that can win now - someone like Berry. We're lacking experience, accountability and leadership everywhere. Minimal experience and success at the HC position, qb position (sorry Willy) and MLB position. Luckily for us Westerman is stepping up into the leadership role on D. We need experience and leadership on O, on the field and in the booth.

Still better than 19 - 45 and no playoffs going on 4 years, that's why.

That's all you need to know.

1. Terrible job as the OC in Montreal in 2007.

2. Terrible job as the OC in Hamilton in 2008.

3. Mediocre job as the Head Coach in Hamilton.

4. Terrible as Winnipeg OC in 2014 and 2015.

What I KNOW is that he's a lousy coach and not the answer. I suspect you failed logic in school.

That's all you need to know.

1. Terrible job as the OC in Montreal in 2007.

2. Terrible job as the OC in Hamilton in 2008.

3. Mediocre job as the Head Coach in Hamilton.

4. Terrible as Winnipeg OC in 2014 and 2015.

What I KNOW is that he's a lousy coach and not the answer. I suspect you failed logic in school.

Etechvery was a worse DC than Bellefeuille is an OC, and it still took two freakin' months for O'Shea to can him. Why would we think that Bellefeuille is on the gangplank? O'Shea is not a bad guy but his command decisions are staggeringly bad.

Yup, zero accountability, he is not HC material.

Have to agree with the poster who suggested that there would be a riot (or simply a bleakness that overcomes the fan base) if MB was to be promoted to HC. It will never happen.

I like and respect O'Shea. I believe players respond to him. That said, his downfall will be in hiring a weak staff. They corrected the problem on the defensive side of the ball this year in hiring Hall. That unit has gotten steadily better but you can see the frustration growing there. Yet, the O goes two and out after two and out with seemingly little accountability .. that's tough to swallow and I don't think O'Shea will get to correct that mistake.

I have a lot of thoughts about the org as a whole but am just on my phone right now .. maybe if I actually care enough when I get to a computer. I'll put them down.

O'Shea is the problem, all three phases of the team take turns sucking. You need an experienced coach to instill discipline and execution. They should fire O'Shea and promote Marcel to Interim HC and Buck and Howell as co-OC's. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Promoting MB to HC would be the absolute stupidest thing this club could do.
His record is far better than anything we've had in years, if that's stupid, then your logic is flawed nanu nanu.

No, it really isn't, unless you like mediocrity. And yes, it would be a stupid move on their part because MOS is probably on the same level as MB as far as coaching. In case you didn't notice, it was MB that called the quarterback sneak on 2nd and 23. That's what he provides to teams. A big fat nothing. So no, my logic isn't flawed. You want logic, you need to start with Walters and how he's doing a poor job at getting us players. Next, you remove MB, and Tracey as coaches since they're doing a piss poor job. Then you get rid of Brohm, and the rest of the dead weight.

And no, you don't make Buck the OC. You give it to Howell for now. I don't understand why people keep mentioning Buck when we've had such bad luck here with rookie coaches.

I'll simply ask the question to promote some discussion .. is it that we lack talent of that we aren't putting our talent in a position to succeed?

Clearly we have playmakers on this team and clearly we lack high end Canadian talent (won't be fixed overnight) .. so in my mind, it's probably a bit of both .. thoughts?

I'll simply ask the question to promote some discussion .. is it that we lack talent of that we aren't putting our talent in a position to succeed?

Clearly we have playmakers on this team and clearly we lack high end Canadian talent (won't be fixed overnight) .. so in my mind, it's probably a bit of both .. thoughts?

I think it's both. We lack talent, but then you look at the play calling on offence and special teams and wonder wtf is going on. MOS also needs to start making tough decisions. Pull that QB when he's not playing well. At least pull him in the 4th quarter if he hasn't done anything all day.

And Walters...seriously dude. Chevron Walker!?!?? Wtf were you thinking!?!!??!!!

No. Fire MB. Just MB. He runs the O and the O is the biggest problem. Penalties suck but it's not the penalties that aren't moving the ball on O. If I was a D player I'd be pissed too. Riders ran like 70 plays almost compared to maybe 35 for the bombers.

I think they said on the radio that the Bombers had around 51 offensive plays in the entire game, and Sask had that number in the 2nd half. 

I think it's both. We lack talent, but then you look at the play calling on offence and special teams and wonder wtf is going on. MOS also needs to start making tough decisions. Pull that QB when he's not playing well. At least pull him in the 4th quarter if he hasn't done anything all day.

And Walters...seriously dude. Chevron Walker!?!?? Wtf were you thinking!?!!??!!!

Chevon Walker was as useful in carying the ball as a shopping cart. If thats the best we can do, we are in next year country already. Walker and Marshall didn't get a lot of help from either the playcalling or the O-line, though.

I'll simply ask the question to promote some discussion .. is it that we lack talent of that we aren't putting our talent in a position to succeed?Clearly we have playmakers on this team and clearly we lack high end Canadian talent (won't be fixed overnight) .. so in my mind, it's probably a bit of both .. thoughts?

I think it's both. We lack talent, but then you look at the play calling on offence and special teams and wonder wtf is going on. MOS also needs to start making tough decisions. Pull that QB when he's not playing well. At least pull him in the 4th quarter if he hasn't done anything all day.And Walters...seriously dude. Chevron Walker!?!?? Wtf were you thinking!?!!??!!!
Chevon Walker was as useful in carying the ball as a shopping cart. If thats the best we can do, we are in next year country already. Walker and Marshall didn't get a lot of help from either the playcalling or the O-line, though.

No, you're totally wrong. A shopping cart to the knees would have hurt their D and could have gotten us some serious yardage.

I'll simply ask the question to promote some discussion .. is it that we lack talent of that we aren't putting our talent in a position to succeed?Clearly we have playmakers on this team and clearly we lack high end Canadian talent (won't be fixed overnight) .. so in my mind, it's probably a bit of both .. thoughts?

I think it's both. We lack talent, but then you look at the play calling on offence and special teams and wonder wtf is going on. MOS also needs to start making tough decisions. Pull that QB when he's not playing well. At least pull him in the 4th quarter if he hasn't done anything all day.And Walters...seriously dude. Chevron Walker!?!?? Wtf were you thinking!?!!??!!!

No, you're totally wrong. A shopping cart to the knees would have hurt their D and could have gotten us some serious yardage.

I suppose you are right. The cart might even have scuffed their cars in the parking lot.

A totally inept OC that never should have been hired needs to be fired. Promote Howell and/or Buck or get someone else in here but MB has to go. Firing MOS in mid-season is pointless. Let RH or someone come in and do what for the next 8 games. Turn the team around and win the GC? Not going to happen.

Let the year play out, without MB, and see what shakes out. Make in and all other changes after the season.

I wonder what Henoc thinks when he looks at his old team?

The O still sucked with willy too tho. Willy could just complete longer passes. Seriously our O isn't good with whoever. Ray BLM willy Marve Brohm name him... he will fail . Here's one... Calvillo.. they would and have all failed under MB.. BLM and Ray haven't played for him tho.

Yeah but if Willy was on, we could squeak out some wins and/or be competitive. Without Willy though, we've been destroyed in just about every game.

The O still sucked with willy too tho. Willy could just complete longer passes. Seriously our O isn't good with whoever. Ray BLM willy Marve Brohm name him... he will fail . Here's one... Calvillo.. they would and have all failed under MB.. BLM and Ray haven't played for him tho.

Yeah but if Willy was on, we could squeak out some wins and/or be competitive. Without Willy though, we've been destroyed in just about every game.

You missing the point man. The O sucks with or without Willy. Willy just made MB look better.

You missing the point man. The O sucks with or without Willy. Willy just made MB look better.

That's what I said, the coaching sucks, it's just more evident without Willy.

I think its both. 

The roster is bad. Really, really bad. I don't think a really good offense is even a possibility until we have a decent OL and QB. It will help to have Nichols there but its not like he's great either. Regardless, asking someone to build an offense with Brohm or Marve is equivalent to handing someone keys to a car with a dead battery. We're struggling to find Americans at positions that shouldn't be hard to find good ones - RB, WR, DL to some extent. Kudos to Walters for finding Bass and Adams, but we need more than just a couple of additions a year to turn this team around. For all the praise that Walters gets as some Canadian scouting guru, there are still problems. How bad is Goossen that he can't earn work over Dom Picard? Addison Richards is halfway to a redshirt season. Walters has had some good ideas and even perhaps a good overall plan, but its not coming together. I think AKAChip did a great job elaborating on Walters' problems last week.

The roster is bad but the team is also being hampered by poor decisions, and that's on O'Shea. The only roster changes we seem to make are just due to injury. Hat tip to AKAChip for this line, but when was the last time a player lost his job for poor play? No one is being held accountable. He is loyal, but I fear that he thinks loyalty will somehow improve a player. That over time it'll just all come together. I'm all for patient, but making changes halfway through a season no longer counts as overreacting. Change your roster or expect the same result.

Also, its never a good sign when the part of the team your coach is most experienced with (special teams) absolutely blows.