Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

I'm not sure how you can say we should win this week? Is there a logical basis for that statement based on the previous history of the performance of this team? You can use the argument of winning back to back games for one. It would seem that the wild card in the equation is at QB. You have sent a clear message to Brohm that he isn't starting and therefore we have no confidence in you. The message for Nichols is we need you to be the saviour when clearly all else has failed.

I think the Bombers will win this weekend because one victory in the LDC does not make Sask. a good football team.  Plus a rookie QB starting in the Banjo Bowl environment should lead to miscommunication, broken plays and time count violations for their offence. Plus plus this should be a rebound game for the Bombers, if they don't bounce back for this game than their balls are deflated.

I doubt MB would get fired if we lost again, I mean it really depends on how we lose doesn't it.. What if we put up 400 yards of O (LOL i know right) but we lose? 

What if our D is the issue this week and the O is on fire... So many variables really... Honestly tho, I think MB's rope is definitely getting tighter and tighter but... If they were gonna fire him, they would have done it i think a couple days ago. I think he's here till the end of the year but i think in the off-season, he's done for sure.

In MOS's presser yesterday, he totally distanced himself from MB, said it was MB's O and MB's play calling and basically said it was all MB, as far as the O goes.

There is definitely pressure on MB to perform this week, the excuses are gone really for him, not sure if valid but.. not sure if the best OC in the world could turn Marve or  Brohm in to good quarterbacks... That excuse is now gone tho cuz Nichols actually has 6 years of CFL experience and has started and won games in the past, even this year. If Nichols and the O fail to put up 200 yards, Yeah i think MB could be done next week.. but more than likely, he sticks around until the end of the year and then is let go. 

I doubt MB would get fired if we lost again, I mean it really depends on how we lose doesn't it.. What if we put up 400 yards of O (LOL i know right) but we lose? 

What if our D is the issue this week and the O is on fire... So many variables really... Honestly tho, I think MB's rope is definitely getting tighter and tighter but... If they were gonna fire him, they would have done it i think a couple days ago. I think he's here till the end of the year but i think in the off-season, he's done for sure.

In MOS's presser yesterday, he totally distanced himself from MB, said it was MB's O and MB's play calling and basically said it was all MB, as far as the O goes.

There is definitely pressure on MB to perform this week, the excuses are gone really for him, not sure if valid but.. not sure if the best OC in the world could turn Marve or  Brohm in to good quarterbacks... That excuse is now gone tho cuz Nichols actually has 6 years of CFL experience and has started and won games in the past, even this year. If Nichols and the O fail to put up 200 yards, Yeah i think MB could be done next week.. but more than likely, he sticks around until the end of the year and then is let go. 

which is absolutely valid, but an offensive coordinator has to allow those qbs to succeed or fail on their own. He set Brohm up to fail big time and he quite likely did the same to Marve. If they are only given a small portion of the field to throw to you make it so easy to defend against them. You can't coach scared like that. If the qbs make mistakes and turn the ball over yeah you're likely to lose, but you're probably going to lose trying to get first downs by only throwing 2 yard passes. 

If Nichols lights it up this weekend, then what....?

Then we get a week of "I told ya so" and "We need to keep this group together" and "We're on the right track" and "O'Shea's a great HC" and so on before we fall back to earth the week after.

Honestly, we should win this week. Regina's only won a single game all year, it's very hard to win back to back and we're at home.

Agreed 100%. That's what will make a loss that much harder to take as fan. As for MOS, the rest of the coaching staff, and the Bomber management, another loss to SK at home means that there is no place for them to hide. The "I gotta watch the game film" cliche they use every week shouldn't even be brought up. 

Suitor had an interesting comment on MOS yesterday here on 1260 in Edmonton - he said that MOS's policy of only talking to him (and not his other coaches) has a negativec affect in the locker room. He feels since the coach doesn't trust his assistants, why would the players?

He's only speaking as a former player of course but makes me wonder, how much credibility in the room does MB even have?

If Nichols lights it up this weekend, then what....?

Then we get a week of "I told ya so" and "We need to keep this group together" and "We're on the right track" and "O'Shea's a great HC" and so on before we fall back to earth the week after.

Honestly, we should win this week. Regina's only won a single game all year, it's very hard to win back to back and we're at home.

Agreed 100%. That's what will make a loss that much harder to take as fan. As for MOS, the rest of the coaching staff, and the Bomber management, another loss to SK at home means that there is no place for them to hide. The "I gotta watch the game film" cliche they use every week shouldn't even be brought up. 

Suitor had an interesting comment on MOS yesterday here on 1260 in Edmonton - he said that MOS's policy of only talking to him (and not his other coaches) has a negativec affect in the locker room. He feels since the coach doesn't trust his assistants, why would the players?

He's only speaking as a former player of course but makes me wonder, how much credibility in the room does MB even have?

I don't understand how a media policy would affect the players.  Why would the players even care if a coordinator was allowed to talk to the media or not unless that coordinator was talking about them to the media.  This sounds more like Suitor the media person speaking and not Suitor the player.  

If MOS didn't allow the players to talk to Marcel without going through him, that would be a problem

I have no attachment to Bellefeuille and replacing him with someone who's name is easier to spell would be fantastic, but the problem I have with replacing a head coach mid-season is the same as the one that I'd have with replacing MB - once the replacement gets any amount of improvement from the team, the temptation to remove the "interim" tag and roll with it for 2016 becomes quite strong.  A proper hiring search gets shortchanged and another season is wasted.  This is how we ended up with Tim Burke and Jim Daley in charge.

Of course the pro in replacing him now is that the playoffs are still easily in reach.  So I'd do it.

The time to do it was this week. Win or loss this weekend, the chance to let MB go is gone and I think it will drag MOS down and both will be gone seasons end. I just hope the next coach has experience and has run a decent offense before.

They will give Bellefeuille another chance with Nicholls under center. If we win the Banjo Bowl, we wont see changes until the end of the season. If we lose, which pretty much put the season down the drain, I expect Bellefuille get fired next week.

On the assumption that Bellefeuille is a deadman walking (O'Shea did not defend him in Tuesday's presser), O'Shea's fate may come down to two things: the Banjo Bowl and if there is a viable, experienced head coach candidate available. On balance, I do not think O'Shea is far from the gallows.

On our part, It's poor O coaching and Poor QB play.. Our D has actually gotten better, if they ever could get off the field they would be pretty damn good. The D has improved lots.

IMO tho, the poor O coaching and poor QB play go hand in hand... MB is the problem... the O has been stagnant for a year or 2 now with him in charge, The special teams, yup cost us some games but also, had some very good games too.. The D has gotten better. Not sure anyone could win with Brohm or Marve but... at the same time, Seems to me the only area of the team that has conistently sucked is the O, thats on MB and MB alone. 

Other teams have lost their #1 and had significantly better depth is the bigger issue.

So the 0-9 Riders playing a raw rookie equals great depth?

That's all bull ****, its poor coaching and poor qb play and nothing else.

Agreed Brandon  - Montreal lost their top two QB's, and have a better record, and they still fired their HC. Edmonton lost their #1 and traded their #2 to us because #3 was so good. Toronto started the year with their #1 on the shelf and he still is. Only Sk has done worse and it's better that 50/50 they'll only be one game behind us come Sunday.

I said it when Willy was first hurt - we'll see what this team is made of when it faces adversity. All teams do. Great teams, even good teams, will find a way to overcome adversity. The Winnipeg Blue Bumblers fold like cheap tent when faced with adversity, and have done so for the past decade. 

Not sure where to blame. Would be easy to blame just one person but it's a team effort to win and a team effort to fail. 

IMO - the Banjo Bowl is a must win for the Bombers. It really is, they lose, the season is toast. Written off. And yes, I expect a lot of changes to happen if they do lose - never mind the axe falling, it should make the Texas Chainsaw Massacre look like a Disney movie when all is said and done.

Other teams have lost their #1 and had significantly better depth is the bigger issue.

So the 0-9 Riders playing a raw rookie equals great depth?

That's all bull ****, its poor coaching and poor qb play and nothing else.

Agreed Brandon  - Montreal lost their top two QB's, and have a better record, and they still fired their HC. Edmonton lost their #1 and traded their #2 to us because #3 was so good. Toronto started the year with their #1 on the shelf and he still is. Only Sk has done worse and it's better that 50/50 they'll only be one game behind us come Sunday.

I said it when Willy was first hurt - we'll see what this team is made of when it faces adversity. All teams do. Great teams, even good teams, will find a way to overcome adversity. The Winnipeg Blue Bumblers fold like cheap tent when faced with adversity, and have done so for the past decade. 

Not sure where to blame. Would be easy to blame just one person but it's a team effort to win and a team effort to fail. 

IMO - the Banjo Bowl is a must win for the Bombers. It really is, they lose, the season is toast. Written off. And yes, I expect a lot of changes to happen if they do lose - never mind the axe falling, it should make the Texas Chainsaw Massacre look like a Disney movie when all is said and done.

Agreed. If we lose the Banjo Bowl, we will be officially in freefall and out of the playoffs with all coaching jobs circling the drain.

We'll need 8 or 9 wins to make the playoffs. That means winning 5 or 6 of our last 8 games just to make the last playoff spot. If we lose this week, we will have played the weakest team and will need to win 5 or 6 of the last 7 games. Pretty much next year territory already.