Marcel Bellefeuille - When does he get axed

Brandon

It's not like you can change the playbook in one week, but still think MB needs to go and i think sooner rather than later, he will  be sent packing. Possibly next week or the week after.

I dunno, but the excuse about Marve and Brohm and it's probably a valid excuse after seeing them play, it won't exist with Nichols this week, Nichols knows CFL D's, he's a 6 year veteran, if he does nothing on O, then i think MB is done this time next week. 

O'Shea's track record indicates that it is probable Bellefeuille will remain to at least end of season. I'm not even sure that another humiliation will get him canned.

Ok, what I was getting at was:

Do we want to see him the rest of the year?

Do we want him as OC, next season?

If the answer to both, happens to be....no.

Then what would really be the point in keeping him around another 5 minutes?.....and yes, am ignoring the need for "stability" (will let others define THAT), simply in  angry fan mode.....

Ok, what I was getting at was:

Do we want to see him the rest of the year?

Do we want him as OC, next season?

If the answer to both, happens to be....no.

Then what would really be the point in keeping him around another 5 minutes?.....and yes, am ignoring the need for "stability" (will let others define THAT), simply in  angry fan mode.....

Stable failure!

It's not like you can change the playbook in one week, but still think MB needs to go and i think sooner rather than later, he will  be sent packing. Possibly next week or the week after.

I dunno, but the excuse about Marve and Brohm and it's probably a valid excuse after seeing them play, it won't exist with Nichols this week, Nichols knows CFL D's, he's a 6 year veteran, if he does nothing on O, then i think MB is done this time next week.

How hard is it to change the one running play and the three passing plays we have? Well two and 6 if you count flipping the plays...

How can OShea be any less responsible than MB supposedly is. No scapegoats. If its incompetence you want fired then they should all go.

I think you have to look at the Bombers as an expansion team, Walters had to basically rebuild everything from the US scouting department and everything in between. It's a slow process but Hall was a better choice than Etch. Next year, they should find someone better than Marcel. I can see why Miller says it's a three year plan for this bunch. By the end of year three things should be a lot better otherwise they failed and have to go.

How can OShea be any less responsible than MB supposedly is. No scapegoats. If its incompetence you want fired then they should all go.

I think you have to look at the Bombers as an expansion team, Walters had to basically rebuild everything from the US scouting department and everything in between. It's a slow process but Hall was a better choice than Etch. Next year, they should find someone better than Marcel. I can see why Miller says it's a three year plan for this bunch. By the end of year three things should be a lot better otherwise they failed and have to go.

US scouting wasn't a problem until Walters took over.  He's basically reversed the problem from NI's to imports.  Better base for the next GM to build from I guess.

Or maybe he did bring in some good players but our OC passed on them. Really don't know do we cuz guys like bass adams Collins Cole even, M Willie and Veltung among others have looked good when give the chance. Makes you wonder really... square pegs in round holes maybe or maybe there were some talented players brought in who just weren't MBS boyfriends. Cuz the D has a few talented newcomers

US scouting wasn't a problem until Walters took over.  He's basically reversed the problem from NI's to imports.  Better base for the next GM to build from I guess.

Wasn't it just Mack & Moll though? Walters didn't fire them so I don't see how he had a say in it, he was just left to clean up the mess.

If Nichols lights it up this weekend, then what....?

We cheer and forget our problems for one week.

We will watch as the Bomber brass bury their head in the sand and go on like everything is just fine and Dandy. (However, I hope Nichols does bring us a win)

Then we get a week of "I told ya so" and "We need to keep this group together" and "We're on the right track" and "O'Shea's a great HC" and so on before we fall back to earth the week after.

Honestly, we should win this week. Regina's only won a single game all year, it's very hard to win back to back and we're at home.

I'm not sure how you can say we should win this week? Is there a logical basis for that statement based on the previous history of the performance of this team? You can use the argument of winning back to back games for one. It would seem that the wild card in the equation is at QB. You have sent a clear message to Brohm that he isn't starting and therefore we have no confidence in you. The message for Nichols is we need you to be the saviour when clearly all else has failed.

Then we get a week of "I told ya so" and "We need to keep this group together" and "We're on the right track" and "O'Shea's a great HC" and so on before we fall back to earth the week after.

Honestly, we should win this week. Regina's only won a single game all year, it's very hard to win back to back and we're at home.

That is pretty much what will happen if we luck out and win. Therefore I am hoping that we do not in fact "Luck out". If we pull off a win it will just tend to camouflage our true weakness and give MOS and MB an out! Let's admit our mistakes and move on. Don't see anything happening at the top until end of season however if the Bombers even hope to attract 25K in season tickets for 2016 they will need to send a clear message to the fans and keeping MOS and MB around is not that message.

Its going to be a tough game for the Bombers to win. The Riders have a win under their belts and therefore confidence in their new head coach, and they out played and beat the Bombers by a wide margin. The Bombers will have Nichols behind center but haven't won a game in more than a month, and their confidence in their coaches, particularly the offensive coordinator must be pretty low. In the last year, the Bombers have won, what- four games in 12 months?

I shudder to think what the team morale will be if they lose to the Riders again, and nothing less than a convincing win will get this team back on track. Nichols has to shine for that to happen and with his only recent arrival, that will be difficult. The Bombers need leadership to give them hope and its is not going to come from the Head or Offensive coaches.

Bombers just signed OL Cam Jefferson to the practice roster.  Spent time with the Bears this year as a UDFA.  Played left guard most of his college career which was split between UNLV and Arkansas (both Div 1 FBS).  Could maybe help out the interior of our OL which is desperately needed.

If we win this weekend it will be because we

a) have a more experienced QB and

b. the QB was given more than a half dozen plays to execute

c) no experimental receivers like Gordon in the lineup

d) our defence plays well and lasts the whole game

e) It's not possible for STs to screw up again (is it?)

f) f for failure is not an option

g) Greaves will be out of the lineup, which leads to

h) a better running game altogether.

I) and better protection

j) the Bomber fans will be loud and give the needed support

Oh, and I believe nothing can save MB's job at year's end.