August 3 practice update

gbill2004

Moore is cut either way I think... just too many injuries. Lots of import receivers out there.

I'm the farthest thing from a fan of Moore's but to suggest that one game of slot from Veltung and an on and off season from Adams who doesn't even play the same position is reason to cut Moore next year is a stretch.

I'd love to see Walters actually bring in players to challenge Moore and perhaps Veltung is a start but let's not jump to conclusions.

Moore is cut either way I think... just too many injuries. Lots of import receivers out there.

I'm the farthest thing from a fan of Moore's but to suggest that one game of slot from Veltung and an on and off season from Adams who doesn't even play the same position is reason to cut Moore next year is a stretch.

I'd love to see Walters actually bring in players to challenge Moore and perhaps Veltung is a start but let's not jump to conclusions.

I'm not pumping either of these guys tires...  I'd sign a proven SB to be honest.  Just saying, you can't gameplay with a receiver that you know is going to be out 2/3 of the season.

Adams has looked good in two games and like absolute crap in the rest.  Big plays or nothing so far.

Veltung is a stud though.  Does not look like a rookie receiver out there at all.

Not sure what you are referring to or watching, but Adams was far from garbage. Assignment wise was spot on with blocking, and probably has lost about 5-6 receptions (clutch ones at that) for over 100 yards due to penalties.

From watching TC and games this year I would say he is the smoothest route runner on the roster, and knows how to position himself to take ball in stride and in best way to produce yac yards.

I would bet by end of season he will be in top 5...at worst top 10..pretty good for the 3rd option

Adams has looked good in two games and like absolute crap in the rest.  Big plays or nothing so far.

Veltung is a stud though.  Does not look like a rookie receiver out there at all.

Not sure what you are referring to or watching, but Adams was far from garbage. Assignment wise was spot on with blocking, and probably has lost about 5-6 receptions (clutch ones at that) for over 100 yards due to penalties.

From watching TC and games this year I would say he is the smoothest route runner on the roster, and knows how to position himself to take ball in stride and in best way to produce yac yards.

I would bet by end of season he will be in top 5...at worst top 10..pretty good for the 3rd option

I think Adams is a beast downfield and can win a lot of those balls and keep going.  He's got a nose for the endzone too.  I'd like to see him be more productive around the first down marker and fight for those balls just as hard.  That's kind of what I see as a huge role for that guy playing the boundary spot generally, be a dependable target for the QB, move the chains.  He's quit on most of the balls I've seen go his way in that 8-10-15 yard range and a couple have led to turnovers.  It's a bit harder in that range now with everyone playing zone and having DB's coming downhill on those routes.

I'm not pumping either of these guys tires... I'd sign a proven SB to be honest. Just saying, you can't gameplay with a receiver that you know is going to be out 2/3 of the season.

Out two thirds of the season? He's missed one of six games this year.

I'm not pumping either of these guys tires... I'd sign a proven SB to be honest. Just saying, you can't gameplay with a receiver that you know is going to be out 2/3 of the season.

My bad... he only missed half of last season, hurt his back in pre-season and then was injured in Game 5.  Better?

My bad... he only missed half of last season, hurt his back in pre-season and then was injured in Game 5. Better?

hurt his back... told to take it easy to give reps to rookies...

Hard to use preseason nicks as a refererence and one game outta 6 so far a season truly doesnt make..

he HAS to show better then last season tho, no doubt.

Jace Daniels looked to injure himself.  Neufeld in at RT and Goossen in at guard. 

Jace Daniels was injured on last game also. I saw him limping (can remember which foot) and waving to the sidelines asking for substituion but he then goes back to the line and played thru it.

Jace Daniels looked to injure himself.  Neufeld in at RT and Goossen in at guard.

Jace Daniels was injured on last game also. I saw him limping (can remember which foot) and waving to the sidelines asking for substituion but he then goes back to the line and played thru it.

Shades of the Cal Murphy days..there was no injury a bit of tape couldn't fix. :)

Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB now27 seconds ago

Justin veltung working first team bomber offence. Looks like they will go 4 import receivers vs Hamilton.

Moore, Denmark, Adams, Veltung and Kohlert?  Now THAT's a receiving core.  They could run sweeps with Veltung/Denmark/Cotton and keep the defense guessing.