Drew Willy to start tomorrow

Mike

Awesome news he starts, but bigger question is does he finish the game? What did I hear on 1290 yesterday, 5 of the last 12 he's been knocked out of?  We can debate our backup QBs until Saskatchewan gets dental care, but if we can't protect the QBs, and keep them healthy, what does it matter?

I hope he's good to go and that his mobility isn't impaired or else he could get seriously injured because BC will come at him with everything they've got to try and get him out of the game. 

I think it's a given that his mobility is going to be limited in this game.  He's tough but he's still human.  Just hoping he has the sense to toss the ball away if he has to.

Willy's injury of course was the main story all week however I'm just as worried about Moore being out.  What are thoughts on Veltung taking his spot?  I haven't seen much of him other than as a returner and I'm not sure he'd be on the team if not for injuries in training camp.

BC also has a pretty bad D so hopefully we're not impacted too much....and right now play calling is probably more of an issue than who is actually playing

In limited reps I thought Veltung looked like a smooth route runner and he seems to have good hands as well.  Kinda seems like a more shifty version of Denmark.

But I wouldn't expect him to see 10 targets like Moore usually does.  I expect that Denmark and Kohlert will be pretty busy on Thursday night.

Either way I like the look of this receiving corps a lot better than what we had last year with Moore out.

I'm also starting to worry about the health of Willy. I was excited to start this season because we'd be starting fresh after he got so abused last season, but he's already been beaten up pretty thoroughly.

As much as I love willy and think he's been improving in his time here, I feel that once a player starts to getting injured on a regular basis it doesn't seem to stop. And even though he's a tough SOB and plays through them, how long can that last?

I think the biggest question is, if Willy gets knocked out of the game at some point will the refs miss an obvious penalty on the play for the 3rd time in a row???

I don't know that the Willy injury against Edm was an "obvious penalty"... but I did point out during the game that Jake Thomas got called for a penalty that was essentially the same type of play...

I think the biggest question is, if Willy gets knocked out of the game at some point will the refs miss an obvious penalty on the play for the 3rd time in a row???

I don't know that the Willy injury against Edm was an "obvious penalty"... but I did point out during the game that Jake Thomas got called for a penalty that was essentially the same type of play...

hit the qb low it's supposed to be a flag and he was obviously hit low. 

The wind has been crazy lately and it's supposed to be the same tomorrow so I'm expecting another boring ground game. What worries me is Willys lack of ability to move the ball on the ground while Lulay can be a master of it. I think this is gonna be another ugly one dooods

Very obvious to everyone but the refs.  During the game, Dunigan mentioned that a fine was likely coming, and MOS wouldn't give his thoughts on the hit because he didn't want to get in trouble with the league so I'm surprised we haven't heard of any punishment for Eddie Steele.

Very obvious to everyone but the refs.  During the game, Dunigan mentioned that a fine was likely coming, and MOS wouldn't give his thoughts on the hit because he didn't want to get in trouble with the league so I'm surprised we haven't heard of any punishment for Eddie Steele.

The CFL needs to crack down on these incidents.  I would suggest Eddie Steele be stripped of his uniform, transported 800 miles Eastward and incarcerated in the "IGF House of Blues" for the remainder of his natural playing career.  There he will be fitted in blue and gold, chained to those of his ilk and serve out his sentence in hard pursuit of opposition QB's.  Case dismissed!

I hope he's good to go and that his mobility isn't impaired or else he could get seriously injured because BC will come at him with everything they've got to try and get him out of the game. 

You're probably right and that's where MB needs to be creative with screens, hitch passes, quick hits, counters etc to circumvent that pressure.

You're probably right and that's where MB needs to be creative with screens, hitch passes, quick hits, counters etc to circumvent that pressure.

While your logic is sound, I don't know if I've seen a well executed screen nor hitch pass by the Bombers in, well, years. I've seen a couple of quick throws but the only counters I've seen are in the Bomber Store.

I hope to hell the refs. have ended the open season on Willy.....2 games in a row he has been the victim of hits that were not penalized, that clearly should have been.... They have to send a message early...Also the o line has to be better...With Tyler out of there and Neufeld starting over Greaves we 'could' see better protection...Here's hopin'