TC Report - Day Two

Stanley Bryant gets his revenge on Greg Peach today. The tackle locks down the edge rusher on consecutive reps. #Bombers #CFLTC

A tackle making a block and stopping the rush? What does that look like exactly? I've heard so much about it, but haven't seen that happen since the days of Walby...

I have heard of such tales told by ancestors around  the fire late at night so as to not confuse and frighten the children.

This better mean it's not going to rain tomorrow.

Guys, lets keep any and all discussion here about the Bombers, and the Bombers only. The last thing I want to read when I come here is weather reports, critiques of radio broadcasters, or old broken down posters talking about their favorite wrestlers from days of yore.

Actually, twice now in the scrimmage he's beat Daniels

Good for Weatherman... err Westerman... bad on Daniels.

any reports for our awesome group of long-haired Cdn LBs - Hurl, Newman, Waggoner and Briggs. :wub:

Hurl continues to play a lot at MLB in the drills and scrimmages. Wouldn't surprise me to two starting Canadian linebackers to start the season. 

any reports for our awesome group of long-haired Cdn LBs - Hurl, Newman, Waggoner and Briggs. :wub:

Hurl continues to play a lot at MLB in the drills and scrimmages. Wouldn't surprise me to two starting Canadian linebackers to start the season. 

Thanks for the updates!

Also, thanks to everyone who is attending and offering insight.   Greatly appreciated for us plebs who are stuck in an office!

I'm fairly sure Hurl and Newman have recently cut their hair... well Newman not so recently as he showed up last year with short hair... anyways, someone at camp please confirm this report... this is the kind of stuff we NEED updates on!

A few other things from practice:

WRs:

Darvin Adams is underrated. Thought he played well today.

As mentioned before, Millington had a really nice play early in the second practice. Pulled his groin later in the practice though.

Denmark is such a great route runner. 

I was critical of Walters and O'Shea for making me watch Bryant and Kelly last year. Hopefully a few good guys come out of this crop of receivers. Of the new guys, I've liked Adams and Tunei (dropped one today) the most. Hard to separate favourites from Willy, Childs, Gordon.

Feoli-Gudino continues to get open and catch passes in scrimmages. He's not blessed with a lot of physical talent but somehow he finds a way to get open.

DBs:

Randle was back on corner for most of the part I saw. I keep bringing it up simply because they've got him as a LB on the sheet and online, and I would rather have him back outside. He can shut down WRs out there.

Brendan Morgan's athleticism stood out in some position drills, but when he has to face someone he struggles. Denmark had him completely turned around on a skeleton drill, and he got beat by a few other WRs too. 

Stoudermire intercepted Yantz today, which is about the only time I've thought of him as anything other than a returner.

I didn't see Leggett out there today, did I miss something on the Twitterverse from that?

I really hope Dile can do enough at RT for us this season. Daniels did not have a great day.

On the sidelines this AM for an hour or so. Stoudermire, Gordon, Anderson and Veltung fielding punts. T. Sherman picked Willy. #22 Randle at RB working hard. Brohm gets rid of the ball quicker than Willy, even when there's no D to read. Bastien made a couple of very nice grabs receiving including an accurate thread-the-needle rocket from Yantz. Portis made a perfect long throw to Moore that was a thing of beauty from start to finish. Waggoner very energetic with good football instincts - ditto Derek Jones. Chungh looks to be winded all the time. Sorry I don't have more but had to leave ... Team looks to be very competitive across the board. Richards, who had company today among those watching, appeared to be a tad despondent at being held back by whatever little boo-boo he had going on.

Thanks for the updates!

Also, thanks to everyone who is attending and offering insight.   Greatly appreciates for us plebs who are stuck in an office!

No problem, like to help out if I can. I'm back to work this week and most of next week, so hoping others can keep us all informed.

But but but Bass is such an awesome name for a middle linebacker.

It was a cold morning at practice. Obviously not as many were in attendance but still a decent turnout. I left early in 2nd half of practice but got a chance to see some great up and close

battles.

I spoke with someone close to the WBB and advised me that he has hard a rumor the bombers negotiating a contract with a well known player. We can discuss who that be. 

Heard members of the media mention how the last few days they noticed how divided the group is.. Everyone is in groups (which is very rare for a TC) - nobody talking to one another - dining schedule is different. not sure what it was all about but maybe they have been talking about this since yesterday. Wasn't going to bring it up. Maybe tweet one of the fellas.

BEST TODAY

Barron Miles is gonna help out big time. All over the field and very hands on. This is how you coach. Going to be a great head coach someday.

Lavasier Tuinei came to make the roster and there is no way he is going anywhere. Very fast - catches everything - and blocks extremely well. Chip Kelly and the staff coached him very well. You can see why he was the Rose Bowl MVP as you need to be explosive and sharp with routes playing against big 10 teams. Size helps him a little but he plays his position perfectly. Going to be better than Chris Matthews for the WBB. 

Demond Washington was pretty good in practice today. Some of the fans were giving him a hard time today about roughing up the receivers but that's what you want. He has the foot speed to play within the rules. And the new rules will benefit him as he was always playing under those rules at Auburn. He will play a read-zone technique that will allow him to be off 3-5 yards that can net him some INT's this year. I expect some INT's at wide side of the field.

Goosen wasn't that bad on day 1 and did a pretty good job on day 2. His run blocking was very, very, very good on many occasions.

WORST TODAY

RB's. all of them. again in drills were very sloppy. Maybe Buck needs to send a message with MOS and cut some players asap. Not one of the RB's looked good. If I had to chose (1) to say who was good. It would have been Cameron. At least he can catch with speed out of the backfield with ease. That's his style and I can see him being a much more useful back than Grigsby was.

Addison Richards is his name? not sure. But consensus among those chatting with the media that he is holding off playing. He knows he has a roster spot locked up so why risk injury. Right? or maybe wrong. I don't think its a bad injury. I think camp is overwhelming and he wants to be 100% and not struggle at all. Which reminds me what many CIS players say amongst the creachers. He ain't gonna quit but he needs to suck it up and get out there. His teammates are noticing this.

Stanley Bryant was so-so on day 1 and what others told me he was getting beat badly in drills. So I paid attention to him today before he stumbled with an injury (not sure if he returned) and yes he did get beat. So maybe he is not a practice guy. But he was getting beat to the edge quite a bit.

I might not be at practice tomorrow as I am leaving on a business trip this evening and tomorrow is a short practice. But i'll try to get on with you guys again in the chat room this evening. Say 10pm. Great fun talking to you all about camp last evening.

If this works out Bucknor may be in jeopardy with Randle on one corner and Johnny Adams on the other.  Newman might rotate in as a LB as well.

I read a report that Chungh is seriously sucking wind after every play, this might put to rest the Greaves trade rumours.

Spent some time observing various groups today, and this is my take on things,

RB's

Would nit surprise me in the least that if we roster 2 imports on game day they may be Marshall and Randal...Cotton a close second to Randall

Marshall is the most complete back..see's things well heading into the line and is really really good as a receiver coming out of the backfield. Much better than Grigsby was and takes in in stride, or positions himself to get it in most productive way to immediately accelerate and find seams. Grigsby couldn't do this and often stopped..stumbled or just plain ran into something...Marshall...great vision.

Randall...explosive...fast, knows how to let things develop and has ability to hide behind blockers and rip off big gains consistently. Him and Cotton are similar, but Randal has better running style and is who I would go with as part of the one-two running back combo.

Receiver, Denmark is just plain and simple a pro and good at everything. Moore if he stays on field which will make things happen and is key to the corps.

Darvin Adams looks good, and seasoned with the Canadian nuancies. And Tuineie I can see as the first option as the other import. He is good..refined and big. He has been coached well in the past and it shows.

No thers from the group of imports really has jumped out yet, though did see some glimpses from Childs and Gordon. They may be kept around.

Didn't pay much attention to the db's so can't comment too much on that, though i did notice a lot of speed and athleticism from the group.

i will comment on the lines and linebackers later as have things to do