TC Report - Day Two

Let's face it, nates a legend around these parts. 3 years later and we're still talking about the guy

He's very active on the Riders forum. He basically just trashes the Bombers.

The few times I went to that site Nate has created god awful Bomber bashing threads that even the Rider fans thought were absolutely moronic and supported the Blue against his arguments.

I could be wrong but I believe this Tuscaloosa fellow was posting on this site or the other Bomber site for a short while last spring.  I believe he has some ties with U.S. college ball and even did some guest coaching or has taken coaching seminars in college if I remember correctly.  Anyhow, it's the same old schtick insisting only his opinion is valid and everyone else's is garbage.  I don't mind the opinions but there is really no need to put down opposing views or insult to prove a point.

I could be wrong but I believe this Tuscaloosa fellow was posting on this site or the other Bomber site for a short while last spring.  I believe he has some ties with U.S. college ball and even did some guest coaching or has taken coaching seminars in college if I remember correctly.  Anyhow, it's the same old schtick insisting only his opinion is valid and everyone else's is garbage.  I don't mind the opinions but there is really no need to put down opposing views or insult to prove a point.

I don't know about that.  Once he started saying that the Riders were doing a great job of everything the Bombers were doing poorly it became pretty transparent as to who it is.

I could be wrong but I believe this Tuscaloosa fellow was posting on this site or the other Bomber site for a short while last spring. I believe he has some ties with U.S. college ball and even did some guest coaching or has taken coaching seminars in college if I remember correctly. Anyhow, it's the same old schtick insisting only his opinion is valid and everyone else's is garbage. I don't mind the opinions but there is really no need to put down opposing views or insult to prove a point.

Just because he said he has ties to US college doesn't mean he actually does.

When someone says: "I know more about football than you do", they lose my respect.  Look, there's lots of guys that know more about football than me.  There are lots of guys that know less about football than me too, but some of them know more about one particular aspect.    I've been involved in amateur ball for decades, and have coached at a fairly high level.  I've attended numerous coaching clinics, and have travelled nationally to football events.  I've met and talked at length with top college and professional coaches.  Never has one of them said "I know more about football than you do"   In fact, the smart ones look to learn what they can from you.   I remember one professional American coach, new to Canada, asking me to draw up my favourite "gimmick" play, because a coach that we both knew told him of my passion for the uniqueness of the Canadian game.  It was over beers, and we talked about it for about an hour.   The next day, I got an email from him wanting to discuss it some more.   This guy was a much more experienced coach than me for sure, but he realized that he could learn something from me.

For a newbie like Tuscaloosa to come on this site and claim inside knowledge and that every who disagreed with him was a "moron", well, that's not a difference of opinion, that's a troll.

When someone says: "I know more about football than you do", they lose my respect.  Look, there's lots of guys that know more about football than me.  There are lots of guys that know less about football than me too, but some of them know more about one particular aspect.    I've been involved in amateur ball for decades, and have coached at a fairly high level.  I've attended numerous coaching clinics, and have travelled nationally to football events.  I've met and talked at length with top college and professional coaches.  Never has one of them said "I know more about football than you do"   In fact, the smart ones look to learn what they can from you.   I remember one professional American coach, new to Canada, asking me to draw up my favourite "gimmick" play, because a coach that we both knew told him of my passion for the uniqueness of the Canadian game.  It was over beers, and we talked about it for about an hour.   The next day, I got an email from him wanting to discuss it some more.   This guy was a much more experienced coach than me for sure, but he realized that he could learn something from me.

For a newbie like Tuscaloosa to come on this site and claim inside knowledge and that every who disagreed with him was a "moron", well, that's not a difference of opinion, that's a troll.

Geez what a braggart.  That Jaxon is so "oh look how much better I am then you".

;)

Just regarding the RB's. I think it's hard to judge them in Practice mode. I think the real test for these guys will be in the pre-season game(s) and we will see what happens then. Or i guess we will see 1 game and i suppose listen to another to see what happens next or heck listen to both if not going to the game in the peg. haha

If that player is legit, I'd imagine it's probably not someone who was in the CFL recently, maybe it's a potential NFL cut, maybe a Mulumba or Bilukidid or even Henoc, wouldn't that be something. I doubt it but... those would be the guys i'd be leaning towards. Maybe a guy who had a shot in the NFL but didn't really get a fair shot.. I dunno. Not many names come to mind, I don't think Tim Brown would be that guy. 

IF they are talking contract with someone, and that's a big IF considering the source, it won't be Henoc, Andy, or Christo. They are all under contract right now and I very highly doubt we would have permission to talk to them from their respective NFL clubs.

Just regarding the RB's. I think it's hard to judge them in Practice mode. I think the real test for these guys will be in the pre-season game(s) and we will see what happens then. Or i guess we will see 1 game and i suppose listen to another to see what happens next or heck listen to both if not going to the game in the peg. haha

If that player is legit, I'd imagine it's probably not someone who was in the CFL recently, maybe it's a potential NFL cut, maybe a Mulumba or Bilukidid or even Henoc, wouldn't that be something. I doubt it but... those would be the guys i'd be leaning towards. Maybe a guy who had a shot in the NFL but didn't really get a fair shot.. I dunno. Not many names come to mind, I don't think Tim Brown would be that guy. 

IF they are talking contract with someone, and that's a big IF considering the source, it won't be Henoc, Andy, or Christo. They are all under contract right now and I very highly doubt we would have permission to talk to them from their respective NFL clubs.

Well, it could be a contract extension from one of our guys like Randle, maybe.

Did anyone reputable say this rumour or just the banned goofball?

Just the banned goofball. What are you implying?

That there wont be some big news about a "known" player to happen soon.. Or whatever blasphemy he was preaching at the time lol.

Tom Brady is going to play a few months for the Bombers, until his legal difficulties are sorted out anyway.

Just logical.  Up here he can play 18 games.  Down there he can only play 12.  It's all about the playing time for a guy like Brady.