The Jets are dead. Long LIVE the Bombers!

BigBlue

I love the Bombers and I'm starting to love the Jets.

I'm hoping CFL move the start of the regular season 1 month earlier so that our May is NHL playoff and the start of the CFL training camp and there's not much overlapping of Bombers and Jets games.

CFL  = June - October

NHL = October - May

Sounds good to me. ;)

Loved watching the Jets run for the last few months, even attended a few games, but I'd be lying to say I'm not a tiny bit happy they're out. Now people and the media can finally shut up about it. The nationwide Jets circle jerk was insufferable. 

I've always been a football first fan, but the Blue are gonna have to win & soon for the Jets to not take over.

Comon Bombers! The jets made the playoffs in a much much more difficult league to do so! What's your excuse Bombers? The Bombers excuses are completely gone this year IMO. It's time to win damn it!!! lol...

Always love the Bombers. But the fact that the Jets are such a well run, "quality from the ownership down" organization really makes the Bombers look like a comedy of errors.

Sad, but true. Having said that, the current Bomber brass have a chance to erase the decades of idiocy if they can pull this together...finally...not really holding my breath though...

I like hockey, don't get me wrong, but it's 3rd (at best) on my priority list. CFL and the curling tour are far more important to me...

Well, I'm very glad you didn't say Soccer was ahead of the Jets in your book.

Nah, I like Canadian sports...

Always love the Bombers. But the fact that the Jets are such a well run, "quality from the ownership down" organization really makes the Bombers look like a comedy of errors.

I didn't hear of any Bomber players being tossed in the shower for disrespecting the team or the coach. The Jets have their problems, the Bombers have theirs. The Jets aren't perfect either, and get cut a lot more slack than the Bombers do too, in my humble opinion.

I really like the direction that Kyle and Wade have taken. Job one was finding a QB. Job 2 was putting quality scouting in place, in Canada AND the USA. Job 3 was finding a good coaching staff. They've done that. And we're about to see those moves finally bear fruit this year.

and further to this current train of thought, as much as I love what Chipman and True North have done for the city, the level of adoration is starting to go a little far. I mean, people are REALLY putting TNSE on a pedastal and I'd suggest it needs to be dialed back a bit.

Have to admit, been a hockey fan all my life, played it growing up, just love it.. even when the Jets weren't around.. Now that they are back tho.. sweet really but.. due to the length of the season and the number of games they play, if i miss a Jets game, it's kind of like MEH, oh well... If i miss a bomber game, i'm not too happy about it. 18 games really vs 82 plus really. pre-season,playoffs etc... Jets probably played well over 90 almost 100 games including pre-season this year. Bombers will probably play what? 20? 22 at the most? 

Football in my opinion is a lot more exciting to watch too, just due to the fact that pretty much every game matters. In the NHL, meh, look at the wild and sens, sucked for half a year, got hot at the right time and made the playoffs, one team is out, the other will probably go to the western conference finals. 

Like most Canadians, I grew up playing hockey - I started as soon as I could walk, and I was pretty good. I loved the sport. I remember being five or six and listening to the playoffs on CBC radio in bed when I was suppose to be sleeping. That was all I needed...Then I found Football around grade 7, and hockey took a backseat. The sport was an addition for me. We'd toss around the ball for hours, or run routes, anything, just to play football.

I'll play it, talk the sport for hours, and duel it out on Madden because for me...the season doesn't end. I watch the CFL, NFL and College ball.

For me, hockey season doesn't start until after the Superbowl, and the reason playoff hockey is so good is because the games actually matter - That's what the NFL & CFL do so well. Games matter.

It's my favorite time of the year coming up, training camp, start of the CFL season, NFL right around the corner. Great times coming!

Go Bombers!

and further to this current train of thought, as much as I love what Chipman and True North have done for the city, the level of adoration is starting to go a little far. I mean, people are REALLY putting TNSE on a pedastal and I'd suggest it needs to be dialed back a bit.

no kidding. The Jets are in big danger of becoming the Riders of the NHL and that's not a compliment.